Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Exactness - Tutorial

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAIw6gu_Sa0I
http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWAIw6gu_Sa0I

*First person to ask why I haven't any images will get -rep, jk but still don't ask*
*This is not a full tutorial, so do not expect full results, tee and hee*

Here I have created near perfect replications of three items in Everybody Edits.

- Smile smiley
- Smile smiley crowned
- Crown

- Smile Smiley -

When you look at the smiley do you really see beta gold? No, I see a really light yellow. So I used glass bricks. Then, since you barely see any yellow-yellow at the bottom, I used that to finish it. The eyes have a specific color coordination to make them look like the corners are slanted. Use special black+yellow at the top and crown on the bottom (I actually got this wrong the first time, lol). Now for the mouth. This part was tough because I didn't know how to place the bricks. On my first try I got it right ;P I used dirty gold brick-brick, crow, and special face for the smile. Outline I just used white metal and grey basic.

- Smile smiley crowned -

Use the full range of yellow bricks this time! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- *is shot* We've got the smiley done, now we have to do the outline and the crown. The crown I'll explain next, but first we do the outline. This was REALLY tough to understand. I tried all kinds of combinations with yellow-based bricks. Then I thought 'Hey why not use white metal?' VOILA! It works ._. Yellow + white = that awkward shade.

- Crown -

"Oh boi! I'ma n00b tr011 it and not let anyone have it!" What?! I've done it before, and I know you have too. It looks so nice ^.^ But if you look closely you can reveal its color secrets. At the bottom there's a value line that goes from yellow metal to face to special B+Y. Then around the benze you'll get to the walls which SHOULD(but aren't on the real crown) face brick (trust me, just don't use special B+Y). Now those divets contain special B+Y and face and the top of the mound is face. The red dots are red basic and glass red. The floaty parts are face and yellow metal.

Now if you're beta you can replace all glass with beta bricks, though I suggest not doing so because it's less bright and less exact.

Want me to exact more art+tutorial? Just list a suggestion below and I'll get to it!

Last edited by TrappedTime (Jul 11 2011 4:10:32 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Re: Exactness - Tutorial

Not asking why you don't have images, but you should have had them before you posted the topic.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#3 Before February 2015

progirl

True ^ it does need a
screenie takin or something.

#4 Before February 2015

MadReaper

First of all: Smiley art is noobish, stop it.
2. Some time ago I did smiley art, too *Hides head in shame*, and I did way better ones.
I did all smiley which were available that time.

#5 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Oh so you're a n00b proclaiming your highness?
:3 how n00bish of you.

Smiley art isn't n00bish. To me it's practice for better art. It shows me how lines/colors conform with each other.   I think the reason people do smiley art is because it's actually fun.

So don't go parading your awesomesauce unless you really understand what's going on.

#6 Before February 2015

coolio

CHEWY! GET IN HERE AND ASK!

#7 Before February 2015

MadReaper

TrappedTime wrote:

Oh so you're a n00b proclaiming your highness?
:3 how n00bish of you.

Smiley art isn't n00bish. To me it's practice for better art. It shows me how lines/colors conform with each other.   I think the reason people do smiley art is because it's actually fun.

So don't go parading your awesomesauce unless you really understand what's going on.

I was a bit rude //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue, but smiley art is overused.
If you don't mean it serious it's alright.
Actually I meant it serious so I'm the real noob.
Sorry if I seemed to be an ****, that wasn't by purpose, but I think yours are a bit too bright.
Just my opinion.

#8 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Have you compared mine to the real ones in ms paint? Dude they're almost 85+% exact.
I do like the ones that use beta bricks because they look more yellow :3, though.
[Apology accepted]

And even though smiley art is overused, I don't think people are going to stop. Especially with the new challenges(smilies) Chris will present in the future ;P

DOES ANYONE HAVE A TUTORIAL SUGGESTION?!

#9 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I remember, I was the first to accurately recreate the postman in EE.   I always open two windows.   In one, I zoom in on the smiley at 800%, then copy it pixel by pixel in the other.

But seriously, zjyphk.jpg pics or gtfo.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#10 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

I remember, I was the first to accurately recreate the postman in EE.   I always open two windows.   In one, I zoom in on the smiley at 800%, then copy it pixel by pixel in the other.

But seriously, zjyphk.jpg pics or gtfo.

I do that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
But most of it is Trial and Error //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

OnT; In all serious; Get a picture of your "finished" smiley and show it to us. It can waste 15 minutes creating it and finding out it looks nothing like the real thing.

Last edited by Tachyonic (Jul 13 2011 3:21:48 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

I have my methods for finding out accurately //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
And the reason I don't have pics is because my cpu is slower than most and it takes a while for things to open(especially since a virus hit and broke all .exe files -.- ).
So I bother not to upload pics because it's a time consuming task. [btw we have strikethrough tags now?]

...But since you're all nagging me like H-ll:
perfectsmillieschoosepls-1.png

EDIT: I don't know why it looks yellower at the top of mine, must be how pixles and colors etc. work //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Last edited by TrappedTime (Jul 13 2011 4:58:18 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

supadorf24

I think when the sand blocks' color comes out, you'll be able to blend yellow glass with yellow metal a lot better. Also, orange glass is extremely similar to (but slightly darker than) yellow glass, so it's good for small details.

EDIT: Made my own slightly modified version of your smiley. Dithering doesn't work too well in smiley art in my opinion.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Jul 13 2011 5:48:33 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Umm.... supadorf yeah.
The sand brick is part of the *DECORATION* pack so it won't EVER have a color :'(

#14 Before February 2015

supadorf24

No, RPG has stated that the sand block not having a color is a bug.

TrappedTime 1423611510349922

Board footer