Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

The Book Thread!

Read any good books lately?
I'm currently reading The House on Mango Street for my English class and I have to say I am enjoying it.

#2 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Re: The Book Thread!

I'm reading "the girl with the dragon tattoo".
So far it's a great book. I'm halfway through.

Edit: I'm reading the translated English version. Not the original Swedish one.

Last edited by ilyas3d (Jan 7 2011 5:32:26 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Wow where do I start, Im a bookworm... I really like Fantasy type books sooooo here you go:

Fablehaven series ( I really liked these)
Rangers Apprentice Series.
Tunnels and it's sequels are good also. Those are probably the most recent one's Ive read.

#4 Before February 2015

Alex

Currently rereading house of leaves in a scanned pdf because I lent my copy to a friend and never got it back, reading at a pace of about 1 page of every few weeks~

#5 Before February 2015

NikK

I read "Things not seen" and it's a really good book, I'm looking forwards on buying "Things to be" and "Things that are".

#6 Before February 2015

EDJ

ilyas3d wrote:

I thought you were "reading" hp 4 =p

#7 Before February 2015

Doom moose

D-rock2308 wrote:

Wow where do I start, Im a bookworm... I really like Fantasy type books sooooo here you go:

Tunnels and it's sequels are good also. Those are probably the most recent one's Ive read.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile F yeah! Ranger's Apprentice! Already caught up to the most recent book! Loving the series so much. I love archery so this is awesome for me!
Books I have read
The hunger games(all of them(its soooooooooooooo sad))
the ranger's apprentice series
The pendragon series
The five ancestors
The Series of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (it's epically awesome!)
For some reason when ever I go to a book store I have the innate ability to pick out the best book ever. That ability has never failed me. +rep for such a great topic!

EDIT

- rep! becuase your sig says so.

Last edited by Doom moose (Jan 7 2011 9:44:36 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I thought I'd mention if anybody is into horror type books, read the Cirque du Freak books. They made a bad movie about it but I loved the books.
^Thanks for the negative rep. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#9 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Where do i start?
lets see:

Spongebob ( all of them )
Pokemon ( //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile )
Curious goerge ( loveee itt )
Cliford the big red dog

and i think thats it

#10 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

kaosslasher wrote:

Where do i start?
lets see:

Spongebob ( all of them )
Pokemon ( //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile )
Curious goerge ( loveee itt )
Cliford the big red dog

and i think thats it

Books.... Not t.v. shows...

#11 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Doom moose wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile F yeah! Ranger's Apprentice! Already caught up to the most recent book! Loving the series so much. I love archery so this is awesome for me!
Books I have read
The pendragon series
The five ancestors
For some reason when ever I go to a book store I have the innate ability to pick out the best book ever. That ability has never failed me. +rep for such a great topic!

EDIT

Yay! What book are you on? I'm on the Ninth so far, Also the Hunger Games are pretty good. I was going to borrow the Immortal books from my friend but havnt got them yet.

#12 Before February 2015

Doom moose

D-rock2308 wrote:
Doom moose wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:

Books I have read
The pendragon series
The five ancestors

EDIT

Yay! What book are you on? I'm on the Ninth so far, Also the Hunger Games are pretty good. I was going to borrow the Immortal books from my friend but havnt got them yet.

I have already read the ninth book. I can't wait till the next book comes out.

Also I have read the   A Series of Unfortunate events (all of them(includeing the biography and the betrice letters)) And the percy Jackson Series(havn't read the new one(the one with the people riding on the dragon as teh cover art.)) I think that is it. There might be more though.

#13 Before February 2015

Alex

itt: children's books.

T.T

#14 Before February 2015

SeymourG

Mogworld, by: Yahtzee Crowshaw is AMAZING!!! It's the most HILARIOUS book ever created! WARNING: Not suitable for younger audiences. Ages 12+.

#15 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

SeymourG wrote:

WARNING: Not suitable for younger audiences. Ages 12+.

Would this be hypocritical or ironic?

Alex wrote:

itt: children's books.

T.T

I'm sorry Alex. Why don't you recommend some books for us to read? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#16 Before February 2015

Alex

It's slightly ironic, but nto at all hypocritical(hypocritical is only applicable to things said by one part, one person can not be hypocritical of another).

As I mentioned, house of leaves is an extraordinary read(tho a bit inappropriate at times).

#17 Before February 2015

Blackboy1323

Im currently reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 1 (because I just started the series)

I bet you guys are thinking that Im stupid for reading it, right?

#18 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Well I just picked up a book called Satan and his Kingdom: What the Bible Says and How it Matters to You. Is that mature enough for you? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Chewy (Jan 8 2011 3:12:39 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Alex

^
That sounds completely uninteresting, but sure.
I was mainly talking about all the kids above whose books came straight from some skoolastic sales thing.
I don't care about a book being mature, but almost everyone here seems to be reading books written for children.

#20 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Well this forum is aimed at children and what can I say? I love learning about religion.

#21 Before February 2015

Nondray

Currently reading 'Brave New World' by Aldous Huxley, albeit a little slowly. Was recommended to read it with Orwell's '1984' because they're both similar in essence but provide different outlooks on future morals. Anybody else read anything similar that would be interesting?

@Alex - I've heard that 'House of Leaves' is a really good read and completely mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Hopefully I'll get around to reading it at some point haha.

#22 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

EDJ wrote:
ilyas3d wrote:

I thought you were "reading" hp 4 =p

Reading as in cutting it up in order to hide items of various illegality?

#23 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

I'm going to start to read the swedish book "Anckarström and the regicide". It's about how a swedish nobleman murdered the swedish king Gustav III. I will also read "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler. I'm very interested about politics and history, therefore I've chosen to read these books.

Yes, I've got a strange taste but I also like to read fantasy like LotR, Harry Potter and King Arthur.

#24 Before February 2015

Doghana

The twilight saga //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Chewy 1423623956337476

Board footer