Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Too young?

Hey guys I just need your opinion on this one. Your very honest opinion.

Alright so I'm 13 and there's this girl at my school and she's amazing.
She's nice, cute, pretty and everything I wanted.
I asked her out about a month ago and since them we've been going out.
We're made for each other.

My parents say I'm too young. I've talked to them but they still tell me the same thing.
I just think they're scared that my heart would be broken, but with the charmer I am, I'm too irresistible. She even texted me saying (my name), I hope we stay together. I really like you.

Her parents know about us as boyfriend and girlfriend and my parents do also. The only thing is that her parents are supportive and mine are doubting our relationship.

What should I do?
I've prayed about it, but I guess He led me here. (lol?)

Please give me your opinion and some advice in what I should do.

<3 Ryan

Last edited by Rhythm (Apr 14 2011 9:29:11 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Re: Too young?

Rhythm wrote:

What should I do?

Respect your parents and explain to them the situation between you two.

#3 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Rhythm wrote:

She even texted me saying (my name), I hope we stay together.
<3 Ryan

(your name...?) Your name is Ryan, correct?
Well, in all seriousness, relationships are about maturity, not age. Of course, I'm no expert. Chewy's right; this is about you and your parents. We can't give you an answer. Talk it over with your parents. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

ani

Is an EE forum really where to post that? I mean, seriously. A forum. For a game.

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#5 Before February 2015

Rhythm

It's called OFF TOPIC.

Thanks for being supportive, btw.

@Everyone else

Yes, I've talked to them. They still don't understand why I should have a girlfriend at this age.

I'm afraid if I break up with her, she'll find another guy.

That's the problem.

Last edited by Rhythm (Apr 15 2011 7:52:24 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Betaguy

FuzzySocks wrote:

Is an EE forum really where to post that? I mean, seriously. A forum. For a game.

Yes its very good, cause everyone gives good answers, just try in facebook, it sucks...

#7 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Yeah, I'd rather ask the EE forums about this kind of stuff, opposed to getting harassed on Facebook. They don't understand why you should have a relationship? Well, you probably won' be able to change their views on the matter but I bet if you show that your mature and responsible enough they might be more accepting of it.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Apr 15 2011 8:19:29 am)

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I'm not dating until I'm 16. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Don't ask why that's just what I chose.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Supadorf24 wrote:

Yeah, I'd rather ask the EE forums about this kind of stuff, opposed to getting harassed on Facebook. They don't understand why you should have a relationship? Well, you probably won' be able to change their views on the matter but I bet if you show that your mature and responsible enough they might be more accepting of it.

I am mature though. And I even try to do some extra chores.

different55 wrote:

I'm not dating until I'm 16.   Don't ask why that's just what I chose.

Okay. I understand why that might be a good decision.

But also, this girl, i can't let her go.

The problem is that other boys in my school are allowed to date at 13. (parents permission)

So I can't let her be stolen.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Do what I will do later in life, have her wait for you. Except for me she's going to be waiting 2 years that I'm giving to the Lord. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

supadorf24

^I don't understand what you mean.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Apr 15 2011 9:26:43 am)

#12 Before February 2015

EEVeteran

*cough*E-drama*cough*.

#13 Before February 2015

jakery

Rhythm wrote:

Hey guys I just need your opinion on this one. Your very honest opinion.

Alright so I'm 13 and there's this girl at my school and she's amazing.
She's nice, cute, pretty and everything I wanted.

My parents say I'm too young. I've talked to them but they still tell me the same thing.
I just think they're scared that my heart would be broken, but with the charmer I am, I'm too irresistible. She even texted me saying (my name), I hope we stay together. I really like you.

Her parents know about us as boyfriend and girlfriend and my parents do also. The only thing is that her parents are supportive and mine are doubting our relationship.

What should I do?
I've prayed about it, but I guess He led me here. (lol?)

Please give me your opinion and some advice in what I should do.

<3 Ryan

I'm probably one of the oldest people on this forum, so I feel I should give some advice.
13 is a sucky age, and everything starts to get confusing and your parents start disagreeing more and more with what you want.

What age do your parents think you should start dating at? 13 is pretty much the youngest that I think is appropriate, but as long as your parents don't say "until you're 30," you should hear them out and appreciate that they want what's best for you in the long run.

Still, you shouldn't give up without making a case. Don't argue to your parents that you two were made for each other, because that will just set off alarms in their head.

A one-month relationship at the age of 13, it's impossible to know if you two were made for each other. I know that I'm not you and I don't know your feelings, but it's just a plain fact that many teenagers (including me, when I was in school) think they are in a perfect relationship, only to see the whole thing fall apart a little while later.

You don't have to agree with this, but I promise that your parents do. It's an idea that just grows into your head after you become an adult.   And there's no arguing against this idea because our Adult Programming says that you're 13 and don't know any better.

So just trust me. Don't argue that you two are made for each other. They won't be convinced and you'll only hurt your case.

TL;DR: Just say that you want to experience dating and relationships for yourself, and you feel it will help your emotional growth and maturity. If they tell you to wait a couple of years, wait a couple of years.

#14 Before February 2015

Rhythm

@jakery's comment

Wow that really helped.

Thanks very much.

I read it to it's entirety, and I thank you for your advice.

#15 Before February 2015

Linus21

@jakery how old are you?

#16 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ I think he is 21-22

Anyway
1. don't get to attached her at that age

2.listen to your parent

3. don't do anything stupid
Then i don't see the problem your be fine with her.. Unlike me i done all them wrong ^-^

Last edited by Echo! (Apr 15 2011 10:19:41 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Rhythm

I'm not going to get it on in bed or something.

Geez.

#18 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ not saying that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#19 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

dude im the same age as u and have had 2 and a half girlfriends so heres what 2 do

DUMP HER!!!

thats proably the best option cuz it wont work out til ur bout 16 cuz my bro has had the same expirence but if you really want 2 no what 2 do ur best askin me plus i go out with some1 now, kinda cuz were just best friends apperntly (thats where the half came in) so if u really really really want my help then just ask but just dump her!

#20 Before February 2015

supadorf24

That's the worst advice I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure Ryan is older than you anyway.

#21 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Rhythm wrote:

The problem is that other boys in my school are allowed to date at 13. (parents permission)

Oh... my... God...
Seriously?!?!? That's not normal...

#22 Before February 2015

Betaguy

To say my opinion, if someone likes eachother they should be allowed to be together... the thing that your parents is saying that u must be older is rather stupid...

#23 Before February 2015

Rhythm

21st Century has changed, my friends.

#24 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Ok,1st your not too young,LOVE is never too young,and if your parents doubt you,then prove them wrong!!!!!

#25 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ like i did.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Rhythm 1423628532332900

Board footer