Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

Re: EE Currency System for Players?

Selling my art for just 10 coins!!
Lol, got 250, I'll buy it.
Sold!
Yay! Put it here.
*places a gray basic*

Side note, I say yes. If only so I can scam people.

Last edited by rocktheworld313 (Mar 12 2013 4:46:15 pm)

#27 Before February 2015

P788

What if you are hired to make minis/art in a level, and you only receive the coins in the end? People could not give you the coins, they could just do /removecode "your username", /kick and save level.

And if you receive the coins first, you could exit the level without doing anything.

So this isn't very practical.

#28 Before February 2015, last edited by hummerz5 (2016-01-04 03:57:43)

hummerz5

That's a good point.
But what about paying in increments?

Here. I'll pay you 100 tokens for making some art. For simplicity's sake, say it takes 10 minutes.
So, I'd pay you 10 tokens for every minute... or some agreeable rate.

If the worker does not complete what the buyer would like, then only 10 coins are lost.
Likewise, if the buyer decides not to pay and the worker decides upon this rating system, he/she can stop before doing too much work.
This way, the loss isn't quite as great.

And, of course, there could be a dispute system... or a rating system. Jobs done divided by total jobs. Better rating == more trustworthy.

But my second idea could require a much more thought-out system than simply having the bot remember numbers.
Edit:
Plus, perhaps a listing of sorts. Categories like Minigames, Art, .... idk. bots? ... what ever else... Categorized by the aforementioned rating.

Last edited by hummerz5 (Mar 12 2013 6:38:39 pm)
^Did I write that? O.o

so, you found me. either you went straight through that wall of text or did some crazy database-search for my last edited post because you saw this coming. if it's the latter, shame. if it's the former, good job. I suppose you want the code now.
Not the gem code. putting it here would be insane. Maybe... though... I'll pass you on to the next level. That super secret code is: "bJJSuKtmdK7694UzrfQ7"

#29 Before February 2015

Calicara

I say no, only because I don't see the practicality of it.

I get what you are saying about the buying and selling of the, somewhat physical, labor, but here is the thing.

First of all, I don't see why you should get paid to build a level. Making art/minis are something that people should do voluntarily because they are nice, or they are friends, or because they want to. EE to me is just a game, not a work place, and when you start adding money it begins to feel less like fun, and more like work.

Second of all, I think such a system is much to complicated for our small game of EE. I mean there would have to be lots of things to be taken into consideration such as, who is offering what to who and when. You would have to have a list of all registered users at all times. Then you would have to keep track of all business transactions to make sure that all is fair and equal. Like what if one user pays another user beforehand, but than the other use doesn't work? Or what if one user works and the other doesn't pay? Without constant and proper moderation people would be complaining left and right about piracy, and thieves.

Lastly, this would be WAY to abused by noobs. People would be hiring each other left and right to make smiley and sprite art I bet, and that is just...just no....

I like the concept, but I don't think it's very practical.

Last edited by Calicara (Mar 12 2013 7:07:25 pm)

#30 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Failgirl101 wrote:

I say no, only because I don't see the practicality of it.

I get what you are saying about the buying and selling of the, somewhat physical, labor, but here is the thing.

First of all, I don't see why you should get paid to build a level. Making art/minis are something that people should do voluntarily because they are nice, or they are friends, or because they want to. EE to me is just a game, not a work place, and when you start adding money it begins to feel less like fun, and more like work.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Failgirl101 wrote:

Second of all, I think such a system is much to complicated for our small game of EE. I mean there would have to be lots of things to be taken into consideration such as, who is offering what to who and when. You would have to have a list of all registered users at all times.

If you mean a list of all users who will complete or have completed transactions, that's not too bad. If you mean every single user on EE (past or present) -- that's not necessary. Not everyone will use this system, will they?

Failgirl101 wrote:

Then you would have to keep track of all business transactions to make sure that all is fair and equal. Like what if one user pays another user beforehand, but than the other use doesn't work? Or what if one user works and the other doesn't pay? Without constant and proper moderation people would be complaining left and right about piracy, and thieves.

Then its their own darn fault for not thinking with their heads. Everyone learns eventually that without an intermediate party, trading can be somewhat difficult. You can call this bot a third party, but it definitely does not fit the part (of making judgement calls). So, like I said. Once fooled, twice shy. A way to fix this would be the rating and pay in parts. If one party fails to comply with what the other wants, then payment/work ceases. Simple enough, no moderation needed.

Failgirl101 wrote:

Lastly, this would be WAY to abused by noobs. People would be hiring each other left and right to make smiley and sprite art I bet, and that is just...just no....

I like the concept, but I don't think it's very practical.

Yes, it would be 'abused by noobs' -- but what's the problem with that? I know I can't do decent smiley art, that's for sure. But I fail to see how noobs are a problem with something as simple as trading work for monetary value.

#31 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

All scams can be reported to me OR anybody who hosts this level, with the proper proof, and the culprit will be banned from the level.

Also, I should note that this bot will be shared with 2 or 3 people to make sure that the level is open as close to 24/7 as possible. HOWEVER, these admins will have to choose either NOT using commands or NOT getting to use the trading system in whole.

I personally will not be using the trading system because, even though I'm sure you guys can trust me, it wouldn't be fair to others.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#32 Before February 2015

r0boguyrocks

I vote y for YOURIDEAISAWSOME;)

#33 Before February 2015

Calicara

Just seems to me if I really wanted someones help I'd ask them. People are pretty generous on EE, and usually the only reason they would say no to help is if they are busy.

Good luck I guess though, but you can count me out...

Last edited by Calicara (Mar 13 2013 5:37:17 am)

#34 Before February 2015

Kentiya
Website

I vote yes! I have a question though. How will people get money? Yes, they could start with some, but soon the money would be spread where some people have lots of money and some very few. One way would be to give a player a small amount at certain times, like when they pay someone.

Off topic:
YAY!! 50 posts!

Last edited by Kentiya (Mar 13 2013 6:56:53 am)

atikyne-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#35 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

if it gets executed the right way, yes. if not - no.
you have to remember a lot people dont have chat - and if you dont keep adding some features to it, it will get unused soon.

To the scam: Every user could have reputation and 50% of the price before 50% after

Last edited by Mylo (Mar 13 2013 6:57:31 am)

#36 Before February 2015

Muffin

Would not use, gems and energy are enough... If you want something made, ask a friend, I thought you guys didn't like RPG elements such as trading...

#37 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Yes if:
-The idea is simple enough
-Not abused
-Reputation system

Maybe if:
-The idea is kind of simple
-Not too abused by newbs
-Non-chats can use it

No if:
-Only chat users can use it
-There is a very complex system
-The idea is kind of like a chore
-The idea is very much abused

#38 Before February 2015

hummerz5

Slightly dug from the grave.
But there is something to think about...
if you had a member of BC use this bot, you could set up signs displaying the available items to buy/pay for, etc...
Nonchats would have trouble initiating   a trade, though... hm

#39 Before February 2015

dutchtimNL

Why not? This is something which hasnt been made yet. Players should ALL be able to show their creativity, apart from the normal "pro's", who keep appearing on top of the lobby each day.

How would you implement the minigame finish? When a player hits x? y? they receive some coins? Or when they touch a EE coin they get some coins in 'BuzzerBee's currency system'?

I give it a YES anyways, good luck!

#40 Before February 2015

crastopher

I like it. The thing we would need definitely, is a reputation system. Something basic. My idea is this: If player1 pays player2, and that player2 does their job, player1 types something like ",repup <player2>". This only works after player2 is paid by player1. Also, it either only works once, or it works after x days. The moderators can watch who's being repped, and can stop player1 and player2 from repping if the moderator sees they're paying each other and repping over and over. Then, you add ",rep <player>" and it tells you how much rep they have. And, if playerx has -x amount of rep, they are banned and have to talk to a moderator.

Wow, that actually sounds a lot more detailed. But, it shouldn't be too much in-game. But still, my answer's yes.

#41 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Meh. This has had a lot of negative reviews, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#42 Before February 2015

xxAlex18xx

Yes...

#43 Before February 2015

hummerz5

BuzzerBee wrote:

Meh. This has had a lot of negative reviews, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

What if someone else does it? >.>

#44 Before February 2015

Bimps

What the hell, sure! And guys, a bee can make anything good. one is a mod

#45 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I say yes just to see how this turns out

aka towwl

#46 Before February 2015

Terence22205

I say no.

I don't like the mainstream.

#47 Before February 2015

SkyFalcon

I say NO too. Just becausse the name of this game is EVERYBODY edits. I think people should help each other for free, if the like to help friends

#48 Before February 2015

crastopher

SkyFalcon wrote:

I say NO too. Just becausse the name of this game is EVERYBODY edits. I think people should help each other for free, if the like to help friends

Yeah, Everybody Edits, not Everybody Helps Each Other out for Free.

#49 Before February 2015

Ben

No. EE might have been made into a horrible updates game, but it's still a game and not a business.

#50 Before February 2015

SkyFalcon

crastopher wrote:
SkyFalcon wrote:

Yeah, Everybody Edits, not Everybody Helps Each Other out for Free.

It also doesn't say Everybody pay each other to make levels. Do you realize   that someone could just pay other people to make a level on their name. People would see making art (as example) a job. The good thing about this game, is that you can work together with friends, or strangers, to make a nice level. As tomkakaz says, its just a game, not a business.
Also I say no becausse it is only for chat people, and people could use it unfair.

Buzzerbee142392820933223

Board footer