Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Wierd Questions I have...

Okay, I have these wierd questions, and I want to see if you got answers. I'll keep   updating this as I go.

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
-----------------------------------DEBUNKED----------------------------------

What shape are black holes?
------------------------------------DEBUNKED------------------------------------------

How much matter can go into a black hole?
-----------------------------------DEBUNKED Maybe?-----------------------------

If atoms shoot at a bunch of mph after an explosion, wouldn't they go through other atoms and cause tiny holes in buildings, ect, and eventually cause it to fall over?
------------------------------------DEBUNKED Maybe?---------------------------

Whats the difference between a frog and toad?

A long one:-----------------

There are 3 people in a restaurant, having a meal. The total bill for the meal comes to $30. Therefore they each decide to pay $10 towards the cost. They give the money to the waiter, who takes it to the cash till. The Boss, who happens to be standing nearby, says,

"You idiot! You've overcharged those people by $5! Take the $5 out of the till and back to their table!"

The waiter takes out the $5 in $1 bills. On his way over to the table, angry at his boss, he puts two of the $1 bills in his pocket out of spite, in the knowledge that the customers do not know that they are owed $5. With the three $1 still in his hand, he goes to the table and gives each of the diners a $1 bill. Therefore each of the diners has only paid $9 for their meal. Three times $9 adds up to $27, and the waiter has $2 in his pocket. This adds up to $29, so where has the last dollar gone?

NOTE: there is no trick answer like, 'the boss took it' or, 'the waiter dropped it'.

----------------------------DEBUNKED!----------------------------------------------
--------------

New questions:
Can Bald people have Hairline fractures?

How old are you before it can be said you died of old age?

Why did Sally sell seashells on the seashore when you can just pick them up anyway?

Uh, stupid, but why do sleeping pills have "May cause drowsiness" on them? common sense much?

Last edited by D-rock2308 (May 19 2011 8:32:08 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Re: Wierd Questions I have...

The answer to all your questions is.... No.

#3 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

D-rock2308 wrote:

Whats the difference between a frog and toad?

the toad and frog one: One has teeth, the other dosint. ( i didint seach this. )

Im still thinking about the long one...

#4 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Glue stick one: I think it's because the bottle is made of a special plastic that the glue doesn't stick to.

#5 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

D-rock2308 wrote:

There are 3 people in a restaurant, having a meal. The total bill for the meal comes to $30. Therefore they each decide to pay $10 towards the cost. They give the money to the waiter, who takes it to the cash till. The Boss, who happens to be standing nearby, says,

"You idiot! You've overcharged those people by $5! Take the $5 out of the till and back to their table!"
                                                                                                                                                                [^You mean bill?]
The waiter takes out the $5 in $1 bills. On his way over to the table, angry at his boss, he puts two of the $1 bills in his pocket out of spite, in the knowledge that the customers do not know that they are owed $5. With the three $1 still in his hand, he goes to the table and gives each of the diners a $1 bill. Therefore each of the diners has only paid $9 for their meal. Three times $9 adds up to $27, and the waiter has $2 in his pocket. This adds up to $29, so where has the last dollar gone?

NOTE: there is no trick answer like, 'the boss took it' or, 'the waiter dropped it'.
--------------

The restaurant has 25 the waiter has 2 and each person has 1 dollar = 30.

If there is something that involves the location of the 30$ that is not colored, I'm wrong.

Last edited by Tako (May 18 2011 9:21:42 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#6 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:

--------------

The restaurant has 25 the waiter has 2 and each person has 1 dollar = 30.

Nice! I knew the answer but thought Id include it.

#7 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I color-coded it so people don't think I'm lying here.

Lol, I used paint to figure this out.

problemsolvingskills.png

inb4jakery

-----

2000th post AGAIN.

Last edited by Tako (May 18 2011 9:24:18 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

jakery

Your math one:
(I think you meant to say the bill was $25)

The whole trick is the final sentence, where "the trio paid $27, and the waiter had $2, so where's the extra dollar?" This is the wrong equation. The final amount the trio paid was $27. $25 went to the restaurant, and $2 went to the dishonest waiter. You don't add the $2 on again. You add the $3 that the trio was refunded.

After the whole exchange:
Store has $25.
Waiter has $2.
Trio has $3.

25 + 2 + 3 = 30.
There's no missing money. Tricky word problem is tricky.

Last edited by jakery (May 18 2011 9:18:13 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

jakery wrote:

Your math one:
(I think you meant to say the bill was $25)

The whole trick is the final sentence, where "the trio paid $27, and the waiter had $2, so where's the extra dollar?" This is the wrong equation. The final amount the trio paid was $27. $25 went to the restaurant, and $2 went to the dishonest waiter. You don't add the $2 on again. You add the $3 that the trio was refunded.

After the whole exchange:
Store has $25.
Waiter has $2.
Trio has $3.

25 + 2 + 3 = 30.
There's no missing money. Tricky word problem is tricky.

Lol, look at the bottom of my previous post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

PWNZORZ!

[EDIT] Actually, you're explanation is exactly what I said.

Last edited by Tako (May 18 2011 9:20:06 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

jakery

Yeah, well, I'm half asleep. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Also, the glue doesn't dry unless it's exposed to air, which is when the liquid evaporates and it becomes a bonding solid. That's why glue gets wrecked when you leave the cap open.

Black holes are a quantum singularity, so whatever shape that is. (edit:a sphere)
Second edit: Even though many physicists have a bromance with black hole research, nobody has ever actually recorded or observed an actual black hole. At this point it's all theory. So I take it with a grain of salt.

Goodnight.

Last edited by jakery (May 18 2011 9:28:25 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I have a question: how do forces work? Gravity, magnetism, all that.

If it's extremely complicated, don't bother because I won't understand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#12 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

TakoMan02 wrote:

I have a question: how do forces work? Gravity, magnetism, all that.

If it's extremely complicated, don't bother because I won't understand //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Because God.

#13 Before February 2015

Raiden

How much matter can go into a black hole?

Black holes are infinite density, so I believe there's no limit to how much matter can go into a black hole.

#14 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

fQiwK.png
[Made myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue]

1. The maker doesn't want it; the buyer doesn't use it; and the user doesn't see it. What is it?

2. A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible?

3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?

4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

5. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 8."
Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that yarn, do you?"
What's wrong with the story?

6. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?

7. In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year?

8. A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died and she never divorced. How was this possible?

9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills?

10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?

11. A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train station. The station is normally an hour away, but with traffic being extra heavy, it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip the traffic was still as heavy and yet it took only 90 minutes. Why?

12. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one word? Note: There is only one correct answer.

13. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?

14. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

15. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

16. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to the "International Home Show". One of them was the father of the other's son. How could this be possible?

17. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27, 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?

#15 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Uhhhh.....

#3 = Mount Everest was still the tallest mountain 1toungue1

#11 = 90 minutes = 1 hour and a half

#12 = "One word"

#16 Before February 2015

jakery

1) A toilet
2) He was born in Colonial times.
3) The moon
4) Clara is an Aussie or a Kiwi or from South Africa, Etc
5) WWI vets didn't know WWII was coming. Would have been 'The Great War.' That's from Encyclopedia Brown.
6) Birds
7) Every year, you twit
8) She was a harlot
9) Currency fluctuation on the world market
10) As many times as you want
11) o_O A full hour and a half = 90 minutes. What concerns me is that it didn't take less time. Traffic is usually only bad going one direction or the other.
12) "One Word" (Thanks, Jeremy)
13) Penguins are antarctic. That, and the natives have class.
14) The latter
15) Fascism
16) Incestuous trade workers
17) That's pretty icky.

#17 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Uhh... Jakery you got 1 wrong. It was coffin.

That's the only answer I remember (got these puzzles off of Google //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

#18 Before February 2015

jakery

Jeremifier wrote:

Uhh... Jakery you got 1 wrong. It was coffin.

That's the only answer I remember (got these puzzles off of Google //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

"Toilet" is just as valid.
-The maker doesn't want it ("wtf am I going to do with an extra toilet?")
-The buyer doesn't use it ("I'm constructing a home, but somebody else will live there. Ain't my toilet.")
-The user doesn't see it ("La, La, La. Sittin' on the john.")

Edit: I can defend every one of these answers upon demand. (Except #3. I don't know why I said that.)

Last edited by jakery (May 19 2011 6:30:43 am)

#19 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Mmmkay...

#20 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Black holes are most likely a sphere because of the gravity, and for the atoms on there is tiny holes in everything so they pass trough

#21 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

What happens when something enters a black hole?

#22 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

question 2 3 and 4 my answers are the same and its:

call albert instien! w8, hes dead... call steven hawking!

#23 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

The Red Troll wrote:

question 2 3 and 4 my answers are the same and its:

call albert instien! w8, hes dead... call steven hawking!

This.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k[/youtube]

#24 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TheGreenTroll wrote:

What happens when something enters a black hole?

It gets tore apart at a molecular level untill nothing is left.

#25 Before February 2015

jakery

I call BS. If that were true, then the entire universe would be crushed apart by a black hole by now.

Also, I've never taken a Physics class in my entire life. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

D-rock2308 1423630600330832

Board footer