Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

Un-Fair Competitions

I'm so **** off. Get this. I entered my schools local mouse trap car competition. Our team had the Best interview score, the Best technical drawing, the Best report, and it want the Furthest distance. But we lost. Why? Because the winning teams car was 1 centimeter shorter, and that gave them enough points to beat us. This makes me so angry. Don't you think that's a bit un-fair?! And now that team gets to go to Alabama to compete in nationals. I really wanted to win, and I think it was very un-fair. We had the best car. We should have won.

Last edited by Calicara (May 19 2011 3:57:38 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: Un-Fair Competitions

This is EXACTLY how i feel about the easter competition, out team was mostly focusing on art, but then the judges judge my minis. i feel your pain, i feel it 0.0

Last edited by Kaosslasher (May 19 2011 4:01:59 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Pandapo

The world is unfair //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#4 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Pandapo wrote:

The world is unfair //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

LIFE is unfair. And I hate it...

aka towwl

#5 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

I feel your pain.

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Indeed, but it really **** me off how unfair some of this stuff. Nothing particular comes to mind, but (in general,) I feel your pain.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

Calicara

What **** me off is the other teams car was really cruddy. It hardly went anywhere, and I feel like the length of the car shouldn't matter. I don't care how far it SHOULD go, the fact is our car went further.

#8 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Kaosslasher wrote:

This is EXACTLY how i feel about the easter competition, out team was mostly focusing on art, but then the judges judge my minis. i feel your pain, i feel it 0.0

As a team member...I must say...I am still so freaking angry about us loosing >.>

#9 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Failgirl101 wrote:

What **** me off is the other teams car was really cruddy. It hardly went anywhere, and I feel like the length of the car shouldn't matter. I don't care how far it SHOULD go, the fact is our car went further.

Reminds me of a science fair that I participated in about 5 years ago when I was a 9th grader. We weren't given any specific theme to adhere to, we could pretty much develop any kind of project we wanted to as long as it had something to do with science.

My choice of theme was the study of paranormal entities and unexplainable mysteries. (Not that I actually believed all of that, I just find it to be a fascinating subject worth taking a look at.) I basically made two big posters and a 7 minute long documentary filled with pictures, audio clips and videos that most of the science fair crowd were just awestruck by for the entire duration of the science fair. There was literally a crowd just standing and watching the entire time, making the other contestants rather jealous.

When it was time for the judges to announce the winners, I was sadly not one of them. Could you guess why?

"I'm sorry, but we simply felt that it wasn't fair to the other contestants to let you win because your entry was simply too good."

In hindsight, I'm still not entirely sure how to react to that. >_>

#10 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

Typing

You were Trolled by the Judges. o Ao

Last edited by EE_Scythe (May 20 2011 8:02:05 am)

#11 Before February 2015

dol257

its unfair, but your a troll //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#12 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Kaosslasher wrote:

same //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

and to the topic, most people are ignorant ***holes, just remeber your team were the real winners and are the better people.

Last edited by treejoe4 (May 20 2011 9:19:30 am)

#13 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

Reminds me of a science fair that I participated in about 5 years ago when I was a 9th grader. We weren't given any specific theme to adhere to, we could pretty much develop any kind of project we wanted to as long as it had something to do with science.

My choice of theme was the study of paranormal entities and unexplainable mysteries. (Not that I actually believed all of that, I just find it to be a fascinating subject worth taking a look at.) I basically made two big posters and a 7 minute long documentary filled with pictures, audio clips and videos that most of the science fair crowd were just awestruck by for the entire duration of the science fair. There was literally a crowd just standing and watching the entire time, making the other contestants rather jealous.

When it was time for the judges to announce the winners, I was sadly not one of them. Could you guess why?

"I'm sorry, but we simply felt that it wasn't fair to the other contestants to let you win because your entry was simply too good."

trololololo

#14 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

That's a paradox :/ :O

#15 Before February 2015

Pandapo

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

You did won, but not in the public. The judge did say you was the best, but you did not get a price for it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#16 Before February 2015

Betaguy

This reminds me about a competion to clean up our rooms...
Me and 2 other guys got 29.5/30 points...
But some new girls in our class got 30/30 points, that **** me off... cause I never win anything in 7 years at shcool, they was here for 1 YEAR and won the competion I always wanted to win... >_< EOpYT.png

Last edited by Betaguy (May 20 2011 10:47:06 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Calicara

It's kinda nice to know I'm not alone. I just had really high hopes, and I really wanted to go to Alabama. That's one state I have yet to go to. EOpYT.png
@RPGMaster2000: That's why you pwned.

#18 Before February 2015

Silverkin

That is so unfair... and rpgmaster2000 too...

why does life have to be so unfair?!?!?!?!?!?

#19 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

... If you're that good then you deserve to be rewarded for it imo.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#20 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

What competiton was this for failgirl? Or was it just random lol

#21 Before February 2015

Pike270

Hey Pyro, you think there was ever an unfair experience in your Science Olympiad experience?

Hello Fail, I   think the idea with the car is that it used less materials. In a world where resources are getting fewer, it is important to make the best you can using the least amount of materials. In a business view, you can sell alot of something if its too expensive...especially car industry. What sort of competition was it? Maybe you can find out what the judges' criteria is somewhere on the net if they didn't give you any specific information. Better Luck next year.

Also on a side note (for everyone else)........there always have to be losers. If the competition was based on effort then the only way to judge that will be by stalking each and every competitor. Our world needs this sort of competition, Imagine if multiple teams won the NFL championships because the ref didn't want to hurt anyones feelings.

Very important moral: Look at things from other peoples perspectives. That way you may be abler to understand other actions better.

Last edited by Pike270 (Jun 3 2011 8:50:34 am)

#22 Before February 2015

jj4

Betaguy wrote:

This reminds me about a competion to clean up our rooms...
Me and 2 other guys got 29.5/30 points...
But some new girls in our class got 30/30 points, that **** me off... cause I never win anything in 7 years at shcool, they was here for 1 YEAR and won the competion I always wanted to win... >_< EOpYT.png

feel your pain bro, never one anything, but that's happened to me too WevBh.png

#23 Before February 2015

BEE

Were you told that making a car   shorter would result in better points?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#24 Before February 2015

jj4

rpgmaster2000 i think that when they said yours was to good, that should be an honor for them to say that. but winning the prize or what ever you win is good too. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#25 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Reminds me of National History Day. (Man I got ripped off) The judges said they really liked our project, and we did what no one else did, making a short video over our topic, along with a board full of pictures and captions ect. I even had official documents from World War 2. (Copies) I also got an award for best knowledge on my topic, but how did I not move on? This still puzzles me :\.

Calicara 1423631828329604

Board footer