Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Silverheart

thinking about creating a forum

i'm thinking about making a forum, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a successful forum?

#2 Before February 2015

coolio

Re: thinking about creating a forum

Um... well you need to be organized. You need to give people a reason to continue to stay there. And most importantly...
YOU NEED A THEME.
That is what almost every forum revolves around. It gives a thing to talk about.

#3 Before February 2015

Monstar43

And   it needs to not be another EE fan forum. Aldo's fan forum made it past 100 posts then died.

#4 Before February 2015

coolio

Why would it be another EE fan forum? We already have one. If you haven't noticed, HE'S POSTING IN IT. XD

1000th post!!!!! *party*

#5 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

I can help! I like foruming stuff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#6 Before February 2015

Monstar43

I can too. I know A BIT of HTML I can use when you make the rules. I'm a trustworthy person too.

#7 Before February 2015

xBeastage

Well, what's something you're good at? Art, computers, video games, etc. Make your forum focus on that subject.

You also need a forum staff with each member doing something different. Like, someone makes the forum attractive, while someone else advertises the forum.

You're gonna need different categories on the forum, also. For example, if your forum if about art, you can make categories such as "Art Gallery", "Post your artwork here!", "Tutorials", etc.

Another thing, you don't want people to leave. You need something that'll suck them back in. Contests, giveaways, etc. You might want to add a chatbox, also. That'll get people to make friends with others, so they don't leave.

Last tip, log on everyday (or at least weekly.) Users don't like to go on forums when the admin doesn't even pay attention to it anymore. You can also socialize with other users so they grow to like you. That will give your forum a good reputation and will help it be more popular.

Hope I helped.

P.S: Can you give me the link if you decide to make it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile .

#8 Before February 2015

Silverheart

thanks for the tips. i'll post the link once i'm done making the basic categories. any ideas on how to get people to join?

i'm doing it for the 39 clues series

Last edited by Silverheart (Jun 23 2011 8:08:05 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Silverheart wrote:

nvm i dont want admin anymore

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#10 Before February 2015

Silverheart

alright, i finished making categories. forum is now presentable-ish. link in sig and website.

#11 Before February 2015

jj4

can i be admin there? i am a good moderator forumer.

#12 Before February 2015

xBeastage

Silverheart wrote:

thanks for the tips. i'll post the link once i'm done making the basic categories. any ideas on how to get people to join?

Ah. You need to advertise if you want more people to join. Find a way to get people's attention.

If you want, I can advertise for you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile .

#13 Before February 2015

Silverheart

sure, thanks.  

@jj4: maybe, trying to pick between what happened last time i saw one of these, and the fact i want people who can do html. how about mod, then admin once i'm sure.

Silverheart 1423634156327276

Board footer