Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

Action Blocks

I am sure I am not the only one who feels this, so I figure I will make a topic for it. Doesn't anyone else feel a little overwhelmed with all the action blocks? I mean sure, for long time players who have over 500 energy maybe buying them isn't THAT bad, but for people like me who coast around 400 energy, it's very hard to keep up with all the updates. Specifically portals.

When each portal costs 650 energy, then that means I can pretty much get one every two days, assuming that I also don't want to get something else like coin doors/gates, or switches, hazards, time doors, etc....

I feel like, while I do REALLY like all the new features, even for a person like me who has energy to spare usually, I have felt very overwhelmed. It takes me far too much time to get the blocks I want, and I feel like it's such a waste of time to mindlessly come on every hour to spend energy.

A solution?

Well, personally I think action blocks should be cheaper. Sure, regular blocks make nice art, but action blocks are what turn a regular run and jump level, into a level full of hazards and danger and invisible doors that lurk around every corner. They really add to the fun and excitement of the overall level.

When action blocks are so expensive though, how does one carry out their level idea? if action blocks were cheaper and more easily available, then more people could make more complex and engaging levels.

Anyone else have any thought, or ideas?

Last edited by Calicara (Mar 13 2013 10:47:57 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Raon

Re: Action Blocks

MrShoe's plan on determining, or should i say forcing players to buy BC...

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

#3 Before February 2015

Calicara

BC is ridiculously expensive though. I did get it around the holiday times, but then decided to cancel and get a refund because I needed money for school. It's not fair that free to play players are getting the short end of the stick.

#4 Before February 2015

Benje00

I should buy the 12 month Builders' Club membership and cancel when there's one day left to regain my $96. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Action is too expensive; I have several ideas for levels that I can't build due to the lack of blocks. :/

#5 Before February 2015

TheYeti

It may be hard for some people (me either) to get all these action, but I still think the action makes the game a lot cooler, so I really like it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#6 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Even if the price of every action block was halved, I would still think BC would have an equal demand as it does now. Lowering the prices would do no harm.

aka towwl

#7 Before February 2015

Ben

Failgirl101, unfortunately the only effective solution is BC. This is the whole idea behind BC - that you don't have enough time & energy to spend so you pay in order to buy stuff.

#8 Before February 2015

Calicara

BC is not the only effective solution.

Yes, I completely understand why it was implemented (though Chris and MrShoe say it is to help give blocks to newbies), we all know it is just another money making scam.

I rather agree with Bobithan, I don't think it hill hurt to lower the price of the action blocks. I mean it wasn't that bad before with just coin doors and portals, but now that we have 13 unique action blocks (not counting trophy and diamond) it is way too hard for me to get sufficient blocks to make a level with a decent concept, in a reasonable amount of time.

MrShoe or Chris should decrease the price of action blocks, (excluding trophy and diamond), so that way they are more readily accessible for people who want to use them. Either that, or they should combine the current ones. For example, merging coin gates and coin doors into one block and then having to choose whether to place a gate or door in game, rather than having to buy both gates and doors. The same could be said for regular and invisible portals.

#9 Before February 2015

Master1

I actually agree with you for once, except I see a problem:

If the cost for portals was lowered from 650 to 325, and someone already had 50 portals, it would be unfair for them. MrShoe would have to give them 50 free portals to keep them from raging.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#10 Before February 2015

Panic

Master1 wrote:

I actually agree with you for once, except I see a problem:

If the cost for portals was lowered from 650 to 325, and someone already had 50 portals, it would be unfair for them. MrShoe would have to give them 50 free portals to keep them from raging.

Portals are 625 right now, but meh. They could just reduce the cost of blocks and multiply everybody's number of those blocks by the inverse/reciprocal/whatever you call it of the reduction rate.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#11 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Solution = stop playing

#12 Before February 2015

Koto

I think that every week, one of the action blocks goes on sale, so it's cheaper to buy, and it switches every week.   People would be able to get blocks cheaper, when the one that they want is on sale, but still have to pay regular prices every other week.

That's my solution.

#13 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

That's a really great idea.

#14 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

treejoe4 wrote:

Solution = stop playing

Boywhoflies wrote:

That's a really great idea.

#15 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

I don't really feel overwhelmed. Besides, isn't this because of you guys asking for updates? Now he gave us, stop complaining, deal.

#16 Before February 2015

REDL3EAST

I agree with you 100% I feel this is a big problem, and I hope it gets resolved

#17 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Aoitenshi wrote:

I don't really feel overwhelmed. Besides, isn't this because of you guys asking for updates? Now he gave us, stop complaining, deal.

Don't you know? This is the internet; the devs are always wrong.

:.|:;

#18 Before February 2015

Koto

I'm starting to wander about what other action blocks that MrShoe could add to the game.

#19 Before February 2015

tak4n

I agree with Aoitenshi, I am perfectly fine with the pace things are happening. Maybe sooner or later blue coin doors and gates might be added.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#20 Before February 2015

Calicara

Aoitenshi wrote:

Yea, but what is your maximum energy? As I said in OP of course for players who have lots of energy due to contests/ abusing the old system with coin collector/ just being lucky, of course it won't seem THAT bad. When you are a newbie, or just someone who didn't used to play that much (like me) and you have 200-400 energy it is very hard to get new action blocks.

My max energy is 404, so say I want to make a level with invisible portals, hazards, checkpoints, and a spawn. At the bare minimum that is 2750 energy, before even buying a win brick and a world to use them. So divide that by your max energy, and that is how long it would take you to get it, in days.

200 energy = 13 days
250 energy = 11 days
300 energy = 9 days
350 energy = 7/8 days
400 energy = 6/7 days

This is not counting if you are investing in other smileys, worlds, potions, other action blocks etc...

The amount of energy that normal players have is insufficient to buy decent amounts of actions blocks/worlds/potions/smileys. So MrShoe should either raise the total players energy earned through magic to higher than 400, or he should decrease the amount of energy on action blocks.

Also I'm not whining about the updates, I think all the actions blocks are cool, it would just be nice to get a chance to actually use them all for once lol.

#21 Before February 2015

Ben

Do you think that complaining about it in the forum is the solution ? Just e-mail MrShoe and ask him to lower the prices.

#22 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

@tomkazaz yes it is a solution. because you can get peoples support and show MrShoe a lot of people need / like the idea.
->proof: invisible portals

#23 Before February 2015

thecoolguy

You could also log on quickly 3-4 times a day, just to spend energy.
It's what I did at the very beginning when I had just 200.
Last spend at 11, first spend at 7 in the morning and then one or two somewhere else in the day.
Since you get 576 energy a day, you do not have to lose too much if you do this.
It'll take some time, but if you would really want the blocks, this would be a solution.

Last edited by thecoolguy (Mar 14 2013 11:39:11 am)

#24 Before February 2015

Calicara

tomkazaz wrote:

Do you think that complaining about it in the forum is the solution ? Just e-mail MrShoe and ask him to lower the prices.

Tomkakaz, all I will say is, stop being a hypocrite. You make ridiculous and defamatory topics all the time, you even had your EE survey topic running for a while. This topic is an issue which I feel needs to be addressed, and if you have nothing to say then don't post.

#25 Before February 2015

skullz17

I'm fine with the pace. It's not too hard to catch up. Plus I'm not too bothered about not having all blocks, I've done other levels with even less than the amount of blocks I have now. I guess if you have a good concept and you need more stuff for it, then it can be annoying to have to wait but there's no reason not to postpone it. If there's some sort of deadline then you shouldn't have committed yourself before being sure you will get the blocks in time.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Calicara 142392968131751

Board footer