Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

krubby

Mario Games: Descend to Babyhood

Is anyone else bothered by the low quality and ridiculously easy Mario games recently? I feel like the last ~4 Mario games have been way too easy, and the games are uninspired and unoriginal. You can tell that games like Super Mario 3D Land were made just to be so easy that any kid can buy and play it, but also just take as much as possible from Super Mario Bros. 3 to appeal to older, nostalgic fans. And the billions of New Super Mario Bros. games are just the same damn game with a few new items and enemies, only easier and easier each times. What happened to when Nintendo made Mario games challenging or made new and interesting things. Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine were both extremely original with their own unique tone and new ideas. Every Mario game for the NES and SNES were real challenges that some people couldn't complete because they were too difficult, but that was some of the fun. Thoughts on all this?

#2 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Re: Mario Games: Descend to Babyhood

I think some of the older games were harder because they were short, so I guess through some artificial difficulty, made the games seem longer.

I do agree with the games being far too easy now.   I can play all levels without much of a problem only dying here and there by not paying attention or something.   In the older games, like the lavagoop level in Sunshine, I remember having trouble with and it took a long time to finally beat it, but felt so great to beat.   With the newer games it's just.. "oh, the level is over already?"

#3 Before February 2015

Sensei1

Yeah...
But still the older games didnt have so good controls, so that made the games harder too. But still i agree, older games were more fun...
I hope the games for wiiU will be more fun.

#4 Before February 2015

Gamerbro64

I totally agree it makes me sad. They should at least have a hard mode in the games or something to give us a challenge.

#5 Before February 2015

ILoveBacon

Multi player. Play with friends. Friends are usually as good as you.

I do agree tough. Games lack the challenge they used to have. Skyrim, for example. Eventually, I got to a point in the game I was just walking around killing dragons. It got boring. I quit it, so I have never completed Skyrim.

However, you can apply a challenge yourself in a game. Dishonored is a good example. In Dishonored it is possible to complete the game without being seen or killing anyone. If you do this, the game becomes much harder. I have tried 6 times. After the "Lady Boyle" mission it becomes really hard. The final mission is full to the brim with guards. I don't know how its possible to beat that level. Or if you want to play the game killing everybody you can it becomes difficult then. It is easier than killing no one, but doing this you could have 10 guards and a Tall Boy chasing you at once.

#6 Before February 2015

Deetz

YES. This is why I play games with a built-in level maker. This way, people who think the game is too easy or too hard, they can just make their own challenges.

#7 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I stopped playing Mario games after they stopped coming out on the NES.   Before I was born.
Hooray Nestopia!

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#8 Before February 2015

skullz17

I agree, I think that games have become a lot easier than before, but not just Mario, it applies to other games as well like Sonic.

Has anyone ever played Megaman X1? I think that after playing some modern easy games that game can be very hard (or for me at least). It took me ages to finish the first part (the highway thing) and then it took even longer to complete the snowy level with the penguin. After that, it took probably nearly an hour to beat the boss of that level(I'm not a very good gamer, am I?). And that was supposed to be the easiest level!

In my opinion, one of the major problems that made games very easy is sensor games like kinect games. Because you control with your body, there is no particular skill required. It's not the hardcore gamers that will find this easy, it's just people with good agility and good physical attributes. Some people would consider this a good thing, but I don't like the idea.

Last edited by skullz16 (Nov 15 2012 10:29:21 am)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

krubby1423669327292105

Board footer