Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#451 Before February 2015

Lollersnakes

Re: Let's fix Parental Control

Betaguy wrote:
Myles7 wrote:

I hate to say this, but the entire pay 1 cent for chat system is the reason why shared accounts exist in EE.

wat, how can that be the reason?

People dont want to pay for chat, so they steal somebody else's password so they can chat. Same thing with beta.

#452 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

People dont want to pay for chat, so they steal somebody else's password so they can chat. Same thing with beta.

yeah, make that the account on the GAME (<- ikl. alll rooms etc.) only can onze connect.
and make a system that know the password / email and if smbody write it it change it to ******** etc.
and he/she get a message.
yes i know you can use "12.34" 1234 is password - in runescape the fill these too to * idk how .(by bad words)
@parent you only shell give the game more moderatores. they control these stuff. and a report button //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
for bad people that say hitler friendly things. etc.
idk really why you thinck you must be there a parent controle. in other games like dofus wow minecraft metin2 etc. you can talk too without parent control. but i can understand that you like to have one.
and if you do that only betas can chat :muhahaha: , they need to ask his parents //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile noobody is so much silly,
and give another player (if it isnt his beeest friend) the money for beta.
thats easyer and you get more money :muhahahaha:
but i thinck every method to do there a parent control is not fine, because everytime people will flame.
every update people can flame , you cant make all people all fine.
mhh
sorry for my bad english. hope you guys understand it.
(mylo)

#453 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

Lollersnakes wrote:
Betaguy wrote:
Myles7 wrote:

I hate to say this, but the entire pay 1 cent for chat system is the reason why shared accounts exist in EE.

whoa, your right

#454 Before February 2015

Betaguy

SmileyZ wrote:
Lollersnakes wrote:
Betaguy wrote:

whoa, your right

If its the same thing with beta it have nothing to do with the chat...

#455 Before February 2015

snodgkins2

hey, i have a system for chat that i think would work? i'm 18 and am currently in college, so my parents hate to spend money on things they think are useless, so i can't usually ask them for meney or paypal use, as i do not have my own credit card. a good system that could work is skype. you could personally have parents talk to you over a video call and verify by talking to them that they are allowed. or if the person is above 1* you could have them show you their driver's license or other identification. also, i saw on the first post or something that you let someone email you with verification of his age and you'd give him chat for free. Do you think I could do that, because I can't really get chat any other way. thank you

#456 Before February 2015

snodgkins2

snodgkins2 wrote:

hey, i have a system for chat that i think would work? i'm 18 and am currently in college, so my parents hate to spend money on things they think are useless, so i can't usually ask them for meney or paypal use, as i do not have my own credit card. a good system that could work is skype. you could personally have parents talk to you over a video call and verify by talking to them that they are allowed. or if the person is above 1* you could have them show you their driver's license or other identification. also, i saw on the first post or something that you let someone email you with verification of his age and you'd give him chat for free. Do you think I could do that, because I can't really get chat any other way. thank you

would a picture of my drivers license or usf id card be enough to verify my age?

#457 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

1. Don't double post.
2. Chris doesn't have time to read each email of someone's id.
3. Fake id's, enough said.

#458 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i say that we should let people get chat for donating any amount of money. if someone asks their parents for gems, then the paypal screen or something could allow the option for chat there. this wouldnt work for offers or stuff, but we could choose to get chat with a few gems we buy.

#459 Before February 2015

snodgkins2

Chewy wrote:

1. Don't double post.
2. Chris doesn't have time to read each email of someone's id.
3. Fake id's, enough said.

1. sorry about the double post. first time on a forum.
2. all the mods could check, it doesnt have to be just chris
3. any other form of identification. and fake id's are harder to get then the credit card to buy the one cent chat. i read earlier posts of some 10 year olds with credit cards.
and you could just go by eye if you want and if their old enough. its usually easy to see who is old enough to be on chat

#460 Before February 2015

shadowman

i think you should make the child or teen send an varavication email to ther parents email than to verify that there an adult put a little quiz anser that they learned in the 12th grade oh ya i want the super man smily sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobadly that i want it relly bad can you plz put it up in the shop plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and thank you with a cherry on top plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#461 Before February 2015

cooldude26

i think that the 100 point idea is best and that you should ask for a home number so a call is placed so parents know that there child is getting chat!:lol: I want the superman santa and golden ninja sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee

#462 Before February 2015

2b3o4o

Say that the parents have to mail a letter asking that their child is given the ability to use chat.

Last edited by 2b3o4o (Sep 25 2011 11:56:37 am)

#463 Before February 2015

2b3o4o wrote:

Say that the parents have to mail a letter asking that their child is given the ability to use chat.

but what about if is the child is trying to mail Chris. the child will get chat by lying that he is one of the parent that could happen you know.

Last edited by 5600 (Sep 26 2011 11:53:59 pm)

#464 Before February 2015

stefsls

parantal controll yeah
well i'd say keep it for sure
the one cent thing is the best way possible
add a date of birth when signin up an account
so you would know his or her's age
when somone lie's its just immidiatly ban on ip/mac adress and mail
would not be so hard to write in C++ //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#465 Before February 2015

ChrisKringel

stefsls wrote:

...ban on ip/mac adress...

As far as I know is TCP/IP as layer 3/4 protocol unable to acces the layer 2 MAC-Adresses. So the ban would be based on the IP-Adresses wich could be dynamic. So a simple reconnect would "unban" you since you'll receive a new one. But hey, at least you would ban the guys with static IP-Adresses //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile So not a bad suggestion ;-)

#466 Before February 2015

stefsls

ChrisKringel wrote:
stefsls wrote:

...ban on ip/mac adress...

As far as I know is TCP/IP as layer 3/4 protocol unable to acces the layer 2 MAC-Adresses. So the ban would be based on the IP-Adresses wich could be dynamic. So a simple reconnect would "unban" you since you'll receive a new one. But hey, at least you would ban the guys with static IP-Adresses //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile So not a bad suggestion ;-)

well i got the problem on tactical ops with dynamic ip's and i give a rangeban on the ip/ put it also up on th firewall
and mac adresses are likley hackable if mannage that u changed it they got a big problem with the internet stats and/or windows/mac
this last is only possible when hacking so its an illegal move (A)
i don't use it

#467 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

I'll be honest right now, there is NO way for the community to fix parental control, either all ideas can be worked around, or have too many flaws to use.
Instead, Chris should come up with his own idea on how to fix the parental control.

#468 Before February 2015

lililolo

but why of 18 age:|

#469 Before February 2015

Ajwillpay

A better option that will somewhat fix everyone's needs: A quick chat system. It would give options such as "Great level" "WOOT", The options of saying the name of a user in that level, "Aww Crud, I fell.", "TROLL!!" or"There is a Troll!!", and other such phrases. Or a more complex one which gives you words to piece together.
          Note: This is just for non-paying users. You would have the option to chat with all words and typing if you paid that one cent.

#470 Before February 2015

EENinja

I quite like Ajwillpay's idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

It would make scence, instead of stoping everyone from chat, stop the bad stuff once they have the chat...

#471 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Ajwillpay wrote:

A better option that will somewhat fix everyone's needs: A quick chat system. It would give options such as "Great level" "WOOT", The options of saying the name of a user in that level, "Aww Crud, I fell.", "TROLL!!" or"There is a Troll!!", and other such phrases. Or a more complex one which gives you words to piece together.
          Note: This is just for non-paying users. You would have the option to chat with all words and typing if you paid that one cent.

Kinda a bad idea.

Reason: Think of it, your playing a level. You yell troll! The owner asks who; you reply. They say your the one who did it, the owner kicks you before you can even find the phrase to comply.

Reason2: Your stuck, You say the phrase help. you can't describe how your stuck, or even where you are.

Reason3: I can bet Chris will put one phrase as "Can I have the code?".

Not a good idea, Creative though.

#472 Before February 2015

Shift

^ There's also the fact that the people who bought chat will still get to swear to everyone, now exposing every player without consent.

#473 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Lollersnakes wrote:
Betaguy wrote:
Myles7 wrote:

With the price this low, ANYONE can make 100 fake accounts, spend $1.00 putting chat on each of them, and them spam like crazy, and share half of them.

:.|:;

#474 Before February 2015

bigray1222

i am 17 and i think   it would be wise that chat should be enabled, but if someone wants to have more control over a level if they have the code such as teleports, coin doors, spawn points, etc. make them pay 1 USD or something. chat helps out a lot when the master of the level or other "helpers" need to say something, nothing is getting across exept for those who have chat.
For example, a game called "i-sketch" has chat enabled but won't let you say anything racial or bad. Another example is YAHOO games believe it or not. if you keep typing and press enter and repeat a million times in a row, or even swear, your banned for the rest of the year. chat on everybody edits is very smart and i shouldn't have to pay 1 cent to get it. although it is kinda sad when people are complaining that one cent is too much for a game. i love this game and would invest in stock if it ever got one. GO EE

#475 Before February 2015

DJDavid98
Website

There is a site where u enter your password and username and you get chat. I believe theres bunch more sites here just from a google search away from you, all this discussion is pointless, actually, most teens are smart enough to use google for that, so maybe that is a sort of "parental control" thing too, but yeah, still, pointless.

Chris 142393302928403

Board footer