Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#326 Before February 2015

Jasonma

Re: Let's fix Parental Control

What is a sm? I'm talking about using gems as an alternative... if thats a good alternative... go for it!

#327 Before February 2015

SkyEye

I have the solution.

Chill Chris, leave the chat to everyone, just leave it...
it's simple, look at your friends that made their online games...
they simply put the chat on their games, without any troubles
I bet the most of the players won't use foul language in Everybody Edits
but about the e-mails that was sent to you by players' parents
think about it Chris... those players are just little kids
they lost their childhood because of playing online games
that's why the bullying is so common in this world
it's because of... the kids of today play online games
instead of to cycle, or to play football, or any other sport
If those children stop playing your game because you left the chat to everyone
you were just doing the right way.
You were just helping those little kids
to have a childhood.

Think about it, Chris.

And sorry if my english were bad.
SkyEye here.

#328 Before February 2015

SkyEye

And plus:

What you need to do is describe an alternative system

A system is not the solution. A simple act, mainly if this one is from the main admin, is the perfect solution.
Chris, you did this limitation because it was your decision. You must undo this action.

More comments about the system:

1: It may not be possible for a child to keep this feature secret from their parents.
2: It must rely on a secure method of verifying age as people lie when simply asked.
3: It may not be possible for a child to cheat. Simple quizzes etc are not secure.
4: It must work in the free game as well, as I am merging them back together shortly.

1. Think about the possibilities, Chris. And if the parents leave the children alone, believe this: EVERYTHING CAN HAPPEN. They can pass the system without parents' knowledge.
2. A secure method of verifying age as people lie when simply asked? Forget it. As the people that commented here, PEOPLE CAN LIE.
3. It may not be possible for a child to cheat? Forget it [2]. The children of today possibly won't want the limitations of the chat. They obviously will want the chat.
4. The system may won't be created as I and the other clever people commented here. The solution is YOURS now, Chris.

#329 Before February 2015

eg1

How about this; we start out by having every user having chat, but there would be something called 'Chat Overview' for in-game moderators. It would list all the chat messages said from the start of this system, to the current point. And moderators could temporarily disable user's chat if they post inappropriate messages, but then it would be reported to Chris and then once he saw it he would get the final say.

Anyone agree?

#330 Before February 2015

codyakatsuki

i agree with eg1

#331 Before February 2015

Jasonma

eg1... that would work. but apparently i think chris has probably thought about it... i mean i totally agree with you but chris just doesnt feel like it. we all want him to change his mind. another thing is he would rather to leave it to the parents and not go through all this trouble... he has other things to do like develop packages and stuff... so maybe he could appoint a head admin that he trusts to determine who should have punishments and what punishments when they get reported. could some moderator or admin please read this and suggest this to chris? i'm sure a LOT of people want this alternative... aren't most or all games like this? think about it chris... cmon! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile just give it to us... disable the chats of people who abuse it...

#332 Before February 2015

Offtheheazy

I just want chat. FOr free. Or for gems. Dont have a paypal

#333 Before February 2015

fearanger

I think it should be like this... you should be able to put in your year, day and month of birth. But it should link to the email address of said person. For example, say it list's 18 and older. And the person sets everything to the age of 20 when he is actually 10 years old! It would not let him get on. huh... huh huh... do you think its good?:| It's probably not. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#334 Before February 2015

SkyEye

I agree with eg1. The chat should be moderated.
fearanger, I already talked about this. A system is not the solution.
Btw, anymore persons agree with my ideas?

#335 Before February 2015

Jasonma

well at least commands got separated... but i still want... CHAT! for gems or for free idc

#336 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Jasonma you keep posting the same message.
--
I agree with eg1. I once went to a math place and their chat was monitored. I think this would be the best solution for everybody because then most chats would be clean d: anybody from TI:1 obviously can't be a chatmod, lol.

#337 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

I hereby suggest that this thread be closed. Chris is not going to change his mind and we've given him so many suggestions that all that's left is for people to repeat themselves or for new folks to write what others have already written. Who cares about the in-game chat anyways. People can chat anywhere they want and in the future we can probably write these tinychat links on little signs that will be part of the game. Why should this thread stay open, it only keeps people's hopes up and there's no use for that. Things won't change, just forget about it.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#338 Before February 2015

SkyEye

nlmdejonge wrote:

I hereby suggest that this thread be closed. Chris is not going to change his mind and we've given him so many suggestions that all that's left is for people to repeat themselves or for new folks to write what others have already written. Who cares about the in-game chat anyways. People can chat anywhere they want and in the future we can probably write these tinychat links on little signs that will be part of the game. Why should this thread stay open, it only keeps people's hopes up and there's no use for that. Things won't change, just forget about it.

That's where you're wrong! Chris put the chat because people wanted. That was the decision of the people.
But read the blog.

EE Blog - Parental Control wrote:

Sometimes you have to make an unpopular decision?

THAT'S the point... the only way to fix the Parental Control is... to undo the "unpopular decision" and moderate the chat, as eg1 said.
You with me?

#339 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

... theres a simple solution to parental control, and nobody has mention it yet... WTF! that is not possible, its so ovious, 2 ovious im not gunna bother metioning

#340 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

The Red Troll wrote:

... theres a simple solution to parental control, and nobody has mention it yet... WTF! that is not possible, its so ovious, 2 ovious im not gunna bother metioning

I did: "Parents should teach their children to use the internet responsibly and discuss the possible hazards."
If that's what you mean...
Instead of parental control it's now lazy parents and Chris control.

(By the way, "U EPICLY FAIL!!!", because what you mean to say is totally unclear...)

Last edited by nlmdejonge (May 10 2011 12:48:29 pm)

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#341 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Chris wrote:

1: It may not be possible for a child to keep this feature secret from their parents.
2: It must rely on a secure method of verifying age as people lie when simply asked.
3: It may not be possible for a child to cheat. Simple quizzes etc are not secure.
4: It must work in the free game as well, as I am merging them back together shortly.

1p is nothing just pay it, or a system that verifies the card to prove the parent has permitted (no money is taken out)

Finn Shackleton

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#342 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

nlmdejonge wrote:

that's breaking the rules:

nlmdejonge wrote:

I hereby suggest that this thread be closed.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#343 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

eg1 wrote:

How about this; we start out by having every user having chat, but there would be something called 'Chat Overview' for in-game moderators. It would list all the chat messages said from the start of this system, to the current point. And moderators could temporarily disable user's chat if they post inappropriate messages, but then it would be reported to Chris and then once he saw it he would get the final say.

Anyone agree?

too much moderating, think about how much is said which could be classed as bad?

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#344 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

nlmdejonge wrote:
The Red Troll wrote:

I did: "Parents should teach their children to use the internet responsibly and discuss the possible hazards."
If that's what you mean...
Instead of parental control it's now lazy parents and Chris control.

(By the way, "U EPICLY FAIL!!!", because what you mean to say is totally unclear...)

no thats not what i meant soo shut up

#345 Before February 2015

sargent179

you shouldnt have to pay for the chat cuase if the parents dont like it then make there be a button for turning of chat and make chat free its a heap lot more beatter that way so then people can chat without paying and we dont have some parents complaining

its not the maker of the game fualt if the kid disobays his parents or not anyway at schools and town theres like 90% of the people there who say bad words allready so if parents dont like it they should have some sort of turn of chat (or else make it so we got to buy the chat with energy so they dont have to buy it) the parents shouldnt force everyone to pay for a dumb chat becuase kids will read words which the kids at there schools will say in a couple of years or mounths

#346 Before February 2015

Shinabi

Chris doesn't even read this. This is just there for you guys to make the most epicest ideas and act like it's for a use so you don't complain that he isn't changing anything. I would be amazed if he actually did watch this.

#347 Before February 2015

SkyEye

Indeed.

#348 Before February 2015

appleplusy

How about this? i played club penguin while i was young and they have this chat system

everybody is given only a list of words they can say.if they want to say anything that is not in the list, they need to pay 1 cent with paypal. Non-chat buyers cannot see anything words that is not included in the list.

#349 Before February 2015

coolio

^i came to this topic to say that lol except its not words its phrases and categories

Greetings
Help Me!
Command Box
Leaving
EE Talk
etc.

and even if they pay the 1 cent, certain words will be substituted with nicer things. of course then there's a problem with words like saltwater O.o
then there's a report button for those who LIKE to break rules and try to actually do it by going around the rules.
all reports go to a total of 20 chat mods.
>:) any reports must come with screenshot and the report mod will then check what was said in that room at that time.
any and all fake, spam, or revenge reports end in a week ban from EE and another month ban from chat after that.
if the fake reports come again from the same person, they are perma and ip banned
if the reports are real, the offender is banned for 2 weeks from EE and a 3-month ban from chat.
second offense, banned 2 months, perma banned from chat.
3 times, you're out.   perma+ip banhammer.
what do you think?

#350 Before February 2015

mrlindobiel

please do fix the chat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile also put a filter on the chat to disable swearing like for an example most of the games i have played uses a filter to find a word like the F word and replace it with **** or yadda or something else it would be good if you do that so everybody edits can be more social instead of play play pay pay. the chat enable would ask for the DD/MM/YY of the player and a terms and rules and they would have to agree to it also if a player swears once its a 5 minute ban to not chat player swears twice 20mins ban player swears 3 times its a ban for a hour 4th its ban for 24hours. it would be nice if this would happen x)

Chris 142393302928403

Board footer