Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 Before February 2015

Jacobn617

Re: Let's fix Parental Control

echo wrote:

^ He wont because 8 year olds dot have phones.

Echo, Please improve on your English.
OK He Wont doesn't make any sense, to use he wont in a sentence say "He wont eat his vegetables." What are you trying to say? He wont have chat? He wont have a phone? WHAT?
Secondly Are you being Aggressive, Positive, or Neutral? You see that your sentence doesn't match to any of these unless you make what you are trying to say more clearer.
Last of all, You sound Aggressive so your
on my mean list //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

[edit]Put COLOR

Last edited by Jacobn617 (Apr 20 2011 5:12:35 pm)

#302 Before February 2015

rdococ

Maybe having a signature you need to draw and if it's not like a adults signature then no chat else yes chat? I garrantee it follows these:

1: It may not be possible for a child to keep this feature secret from their parents.
2: [This isn't a verifiying age one]
3: It may not be possible for a child to cheat. Simple quizzes etc are not secure.
4: It must work in the free game as well, as I am merging them back together shortly.

#303 Before February 2015

Stealth17

Well...In my opinion, the parental control isn't very good. Us kids are exposed to bad stuff in real life worse than the internet. But I know why Chris wants to keep his system clean and a safe place. The internet can be a bad place. But here's the thing. First off, you HAVE to be 13 or older to register (Also, guests should be back) so that we know you're okay with this chat. Then, the chat rooms could be age limited (Adults only, 13+, etc). (Also Chris, I think there should be a way to restart a level WITHOUT chat. Also banning people without it!) I think Kongregate has a pretty good chat system.
http://Kongregate.com/
They censor words. If people feel offended though, they should be able to report the person. Time, date, and what happened. Also, you should be able to add friends on EE. Shout on profiles like on Kong. (if that's not too much work. It's just an idea) Well...take this into thought people!

#304 Before February 2015

Jacobn617

Stealth17, Good Idea but the reporting in and stuff causes more moderators, Chris dislikes Lots of moderators, and he is a small business so it unlikely unless you go to his office and ask to be one, i think thats how those moderators got mod. Just Sayin. since there are over (Put amount of players here XD ) players, those reporting can include trolling, spam reporting, etc that fills up over 1million+ in his reporter inbox, which causes lotsa moderators just to read the complaints. not a great idea. until chris becoumes a medium sized business (over +100 people) that also becomes highly unlikely because that costs alot of money unless there friends with chris. also prices of beta and all those gems will go higher makeing some players leave.
im 12 and i wrote this whole wise paragraph. and only adults can only understand this.

#305 Before February 2015

Cluers Patrick

just want the chat on betA PLEASE!!!

#306 Before February 2015

BamBam

I would love to have chat, in fact im getting it ths friday! yipee! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#307 Before February 2015

stevethepirahnaplant

Shouldn't people in beta always have chat? I'm not in beta but when you pay the 10$ for beta, that guarantees you have a credit card... right? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#308 Before February 2015

DarkFire

Jacobn617 wrote:
echo wrote:

OK He Wont doesn't make any sense, to use he wont in a sentence say "He wont eat his vegetables." What are you trying to say? He wont have chat? He wont have a phone? WHAT?
Secondly Are you being Aggressive, Positive, or Neutral? You see that your sentence doesn't match to any of these unless you make what you are trying to say more clearer.

[edit]Put COLOR

just jumping into the discussion (mostly to tell someone off)

anyway, jacobn, you SOUND aggressive. your on MY 'omgbbqwhatatool' list. second of all, you are very self centered. just because you labeled somebody as mean, that does not mean they are going to delete themselves. (im referring to your sig. it has a typo, btw.)

#309 Before February 2015

Echo!

Jacobn617 wrote:
echo wrote:

[edit]Put COLOR

Okay sorry,

You are not clever because you can write in color..   it's just simple bbcode.  

Secondly I'm a extremely fast typer.. Not forgetting I'm dyslexic.
And I suffer with autism and A.D.D And depression

What I meant is

"Chris will not add payment with phones.. Due to that 8 year old kids have phones".

And you're going on my "mean list" for being self centered and miss judging someone.

(I'm english, by the way)

Last edited by Echo! (Apr 28 2011 3:32:35 am)

#310 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

nlmdejonge wrote:

Chris, can you at least make sure that players who can chat see an "X" next to players who can't chat, when they start chatting? Right now, when people start to chat, all I see is a constant stream of nothing:
http://s2.postimage.org/5ciz93u8e/cant_read_it.png (mirror)
And sometimes they just keep on trying. Maybe they think I can read what they write, but that I just cannot reply.
People don't know that those without chat can't read things either, because this used to be different.
Really, sometimes players just keep on chatting to me for minutes, and I can't tell them "I can't read your messages.", because I can't chat.
It is painful. I've suggested this before, it's not that hard to implement: if someone start chatting, just add "X"es to any other players who do not have chat capabilities.

Bumping this. I also mentioned this here: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=26019#p26019
Even Cyclone is trying to convey messages to me: http://s4.postimage.org/thrie5oxq/cyclone_talking.png (mirror)
Which is nice, of course, but people who can't chat - like me - can't read chat messages either. Many players are apparently unaware of this. In the list "Non-chatters are dark gray. Chatters are brighter.", but even old-school players frequently don't know that grey colored players can't write and can't read messages...

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#311 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Jacobn617 wrote:

Stealth17, Good Idea but the reporting in and stuff causes more moderators, Chris dislikes Lots of moderators, and he is a small business so it unlikely unless you go to his office and ask to be one, i think thats how those moderators got mod. Just Sayin. since there are over (Put amount of players here XD ) players, those reporting can include trolling, spam reporting, etc that fills up over 1million+ in his reporter inbox, which causes lotsa moderators just to read the complaints. not a great idea. until chris becoumes a medium sized business (over +100 people) that also becomes highly unlikely because that costs alot of money unless there friends with chris. also prices of beta and all those gems will go higher makeing some players leave.
im 12 and i wrote this whole wise paragraph. and only adults can only understand this.

Well What if the limit for report a day is 2 maybe 3? and they would see that its spamming and a temp ban would take place. At least thats what i think would make it better.

#312 Before February 2015

SmittyW

stevethepirahnaplant wrote:

Shouldn't people in beta always have chat? I'm not in beta but when you pay the 10$ for beta, that guarantees you have a credit card... right? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

But the problem was that people already had Beta before chat came + you may want beta, but your parents don't want you to have chat. It's not about the credit card, it's about chat approval.

#313 Before February 2015

tom98784

stevethepirahnaplant wrote:

I like the idea but you can get free gems through that offers site so a determined 8 year old could get it if they really wanted to.

Last edited by tom98784 (May 3 2011 12:01:45 pm)

#314 Before February 2015

Cluers Patrick

Chris Chris! is the portal only for beta? i have portal blocks but there is no portal in the shop!! im so shocked help!!!

Last edited by Cluers Patrick (May 5 2011 12:22:37 am)

#315 Before February 2015

Echo!

^ It is for beta only. And every one starts off with one portal block

#316 Before February 2015

Cluers Patrick

Echo! wrote:

i cant use it!

#317 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Cluers Patrick wrote:
Echo! wrote:

i cant use it!

U need two to make them work...

#318 Before February 2015

Cluers Patrick

Betaguy wrote:
Cluers Patrick wrote:
Echo! wrote:

i cant use it!

U need two to make them work...

two? i cant buy theres no portal in energy shhop
im not beta

#319 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

OOOOOFFFFFFFFFF TOPIC!!! Go on topic again!

#320 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Get on-topic or else I'll warn you for spam.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#321 Before February 2015

Jasonma

I have an idea. What if we did something where you use gems to pay for chat? Wouldn't you have to still pay? I play from Kongregate and I have kreds which is something you have to pay for. It still supports everybody edits, you can't just get kreds that easily, it can't really be abused... and it should work for free and beta. Also, I don't see why you merge chat and COMMANDS together... we should be able to do commands without chat enabled O.o I can't reset my level without chat... we could make it so that you could still do commands in the chat window but not see chat or be able to chat. Make it so you could get chat with gems. It's all I am asking for. (still supports everybody edits //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink and it's a good enough method...

#322 Before February 2015

Arbek

Jasonma wrote:

I have an idea. What if we did something where you use gems to pay for chat?

For me this is good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile We can pay for chat using gems or send sms for low price.

#323 Before February 2015

jominator

Arbek wrote:
Jasonma wrote:

For me this is good idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile We can pay for chat using gems or send sms for low price.

Chris is not trying to earn a profit from requiring people to pay one cent for chat; he only wants to confirm that those who are paying have a credit card

so no, this idea wouldn't work

#324 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Arbek wrote:
Jasonma wrote:

Hell no. The paypal is to confirm chatters are mature, and not little.

#325 Before February 2015

Jasonma

I'm saying this is an alternative -_- using gems since you still have to pay for gems :/ besides... he could include the fan smiley... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and why wouldnt this confirm that chatters are mature... some people do give their kids kreds on kongregate to use and i'm saying if i could get it with gems i would... 1 gem to verify... idc... 5 gems... idc whatever chris thinks... i just want gems to be an option... it can't be abused! it proves parents verify it...

Chris 142393302928403

Board footer