Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Human Population

Humans are exponentially populating the earth, so here are some questions for you guys:

1. Are there too many right now?

2. Would we do better with less than now? (This also requires your opinion of 'better')

3. How populated do you think the earth will be before the population goes down?

4. What ways can you think of that would be population control?

5. What do you think is the best way?

6. How do you think the population will go down? By human choice, government, or disaster ect.?

7. Should humans look for more planets to live on?

8. Do you think the population should go down now?

9. If you had the power to make a law for a country, what (if any) would you set for a law to lower population?

10. Should parents have the choice of how many children they have?

I might add more questions later. Feel free to add any interesting things you know about this.

Last edited by SilverStar29 (Apr 28 2013 2:56:47 pm)

1oGNJTH.gif

#2 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Human Population

Yes, probably, I have no idea, probably 10 billion. Abortion, war, bombs, a plague.
I have no idea. Disaster, most likely.
Definitely. I suppose.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Apr 28 2013 2:32:59 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 Before February 2015

Arceus64

1. Yes

2. Maybe

3. 69,000,000,000

4. War

5. Not war

6. Disaster, of course

7. No

8. Yes

9. No

10. Of course, it's their lives, not the governments.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Apr 28 2013 4:29:06 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Oh shoot sorry, I changed the order slightly - you guys post fast.

Just wait a sec I'll change it back.

Alright all good now.

Last edited by SilverStar29 (Apr 28 2013 12:30:58 pm)

1oGNJTH.gif

#5 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

They're already looking to build civilizations on the moon and on mars. In fact, I actually own an acre of land on the moon.

#6 Before February 2015

arteem

1. Yes

2. Possibly

3. ~25 billion

4. I've heard you can't have more than two children in Singapore, so I guess this.

5. 4

6. Disaster

7. Yep

8. Sure

#7 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Yeah, unless people decide to spread out more instead of all cluttering in small cities

2. Would we do better with less than now? (This also requires your opinion of 'better')
Yes. Less resources used gives more to use for each individual person. Less conflicts for less war. Less room for viruses to spread. Less people to worry about, really.

3. How populated do you think the earth will be before the population goes down?
That's hard to say, but without interference by any sort of godawful natural disaster I'd say around 17,000,000,000

-Laws limiting number of children
-War
-Disease
-Natural disaster

5. What do you think is the best way?
Child limitations

6. How do you think the population will go down? By human choice, government, or disaster ect.?
Most likely a disaster, be it natural or people being stupid

Yes, but that's not going to happen for a very long time, even at our rate of technological advancement

Not until we reach 9,000,000,000-10,000,000,000

9. If you had the power to make a law for a country, what (if any) would you set for a law to lower population?
I'm 14, I don't think I should be making any laws

Depends on the situation, but mostly no.

Last edited by Bobithan (Apr 28 2013 6:35:45 pm)

aka towwl

#8 Before February 2015

So y'all wanting to mass murder innocent people, start WWIII and spread world-ending plagues to have less people in the world? America is a scary place...

Last edited by 0176 (Apr 28 2013 1:31:43 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Koto

I don't believe that there is any way you can really control the population, without being morally right.

#10 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

There's enough room on the earth for many many many billions of more people.   Though it would help if people didn't have 20 or so kids like on those stupid shows.

#11 Before February 2015

Echo!

AzurePudding wrote:

There's enough room on the earth for many many many billions of more people.   Though it would help if people didn't have 20 or so kids like on those stupid shows.

People should be free to breed at will. If they want a big family, a big family they can have, it's just a life style some people want, just like everyone wants to be rich. Though, I would not want to, I'd struggle with 3.

arteem wrote:

4. I've heard you can't have more than two children in Singapore, so I guess this.

That's unfair.

#12 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

Earth is over-populated. Proof? Not enought food for Africa.

#13 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

killingpepper123 wrote:

Idk if that is proof... I've heard that there is enough but it just doesn't get to Africa. And if that's not the case, I'm sure some places could go with a little less food.

1oGNJTH.gif

#14 Before February 2015

Redhat

1. Yes

2. Yes (more jobs, more food, more water, less pollution, less waste of resources)

3. idk, 15bi maybe

4. penalty for couples with more than two children

5. until we colonize another planet, the one above.

6. hunger, poverty, disasters, plagues, pollution.

7. we do not have the technology for this at the moment. But yes, and as soon as possible.

8. the population can't go down now, people are more uncontrolled every day.

LEVfOrl.png

#15 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Echo! wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

People should be free to breed at will. If they want a big family, a big family they can have, it's just a life style some people want, just like everyone wants to be rich. Though, I would not want to, I'd struggle with 3.

arteem wrote:

That's unfair.

No one cares if you think if it is fair or not, having many kids will destroy this planet, it's unfair for others to continue increasing the birth rate regardless of it's consequences. Having a limit on children is one of the smartest ideas going around, they should also control who breeds.

The words population will change as countries develop, countries like the UK are in stage 4, poorer countries are gonna continue having problems because of everyone breeding there.

QbhtNaa.jpg?1

#16 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Echo, how would you feel if people limited blood children, but adoption was encouraged?

1oGNJTH.gif

#17 Before February 2015

SeymourG

1. Yes x infinity

2. I would say so, because we have to work so hard to get the resources that we have, yet we still don't have even close to enough for the world's population. The Earth, nor civilization, was made to be able to so suddenly have it's work be intensified so much so fast. In 12.5 years we gained another billion people! We can't increase every single aspect of society in a decade to support another billion people.

3. I think we will suck everything out of the Earth until a disaster or massive war occurs. We'll have tens of billions until living conditions are so poor for everyone, that everyone dies from pollution and starvation. Humanity can't keep it in their pants, it seems.

4. Birth control, and very big support of it, even to minors (16+?). Minors have children too, accounting for 13 million additional children annually.

5. Government influence and laws supporting birth control and abortion.

6. Never by human choice. Probably a nuclear war started by the governemnt to end almost all human life. A disaster, unless a meteor struck the earth, usually ends up killing up to 100 people nowadays, even nuclear explosions (such as the recent one in Texas), so there wouldn't be much of a difference.

7. Not until we learn to take care of our own.

8. Please oh please oh PLEASE let it go down.

9. I would create laws saying that forms of birth control (such as the pill and condoms) and abortion be legal for teenagers 16 and older.

10. I wouldn't say so, because we obviously can't control ourselves. I'd say 2, maaaybe 3 kids could be the limit, because we need to stop the people that have around 8-13. The burden it places on them, the children, the community, and the local government is huge.

TL;DR: I'm not a fan of over-population. Birth control is nice. So is abortion, but it doesn't have to be an option if people would learn to keep it in their pants or use damn birth control.

#18 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Echo! wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

It's a problem though.   People don't need 20 kids.   It's as if they keep popping out children just to have a show.   Also, with each additional child, each kid gets less and less attention.   With one kid, the kid has 100% of the attention.   Two kids, 50%, three kids, 33%, and so on.   When you have 20 kids it's not just a struggle but you can't spend your time evenly with each of them and some will tend to be neglected.   And think about it, if two people can bring twenty lives into this world, that's multiplying the population by 10.   Imagine if everyone had 20 kids.   Seven billion would lead to 70 billion which would lead to 700 billion and so on.  

Also, why is it when someone has 20 or more cats, they're called a hoarder, but when they have 20 or more kids, it's just a big family?

#19 Before February 2015

Koto

If everybody was only allowed to have 1 child, for a small time, the population would half fairly quickly.

#20 Before February 2015

Anch

I heard something like every second someone is born and every 2 seconds, someone dies. So basicly every second, we're getting people and we're multiplying.

#21 Before February 2015

Everglade

Considering are current technology, and the way we are handling the situation, yes.

2. Would we do better with less than now?

Yes

I don't know when we will take action. As a society, we still remain to be somewhat ignorant of the issues. We continue to not take it seriously enough. The approach shouldn't necessarily be to decrease population, but at least keep it balanced.

1 baby per family would reduce population in the long run. 2 babys per family should keep it balanced. When you and your partner die, and the children continue to live, the population remains as it was before you had children.

Give contraceptives to 3rd world countries.

Screw anyone against abortion. (Pun wasn't intended https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL)

I'm hoping we will get ourselves into gear soon. There are serious problems as a consequence of overpopulation right now. Today.

We haven't got the technology and knowledge to do this right now.

Moon bases would be more likely, before any planetary homes. There isn't any planets in our solar system which we could survive on without some extreme technology and brain power involved. Even then, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus are out of the question. Their just gas, which is so compact in the centre that you would fall towards the centre and get squished to death from the gravity.

Mercury and Venus are super hot and full of deadly gasses.

Mars might be hospitable in the same way the moon is. With bases which add it's own air supply.

But this is way out of the question at the moment. If we can't manage to treat this planet and the people on it right, how are we going to manage on other naturally inhospitable planets?

Perhaps.

Again, not necessarily lower it, but to at least balance it. This should be set by a limit of now many children you can have to 2.

No, a limit should be set. This law is already a reality in China. It's time we all keep up.

Last edited by Everglade (Apr 28 2013 7:36:02 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Echo!

treejoe4 wrote:
Echo! wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

arteem wrote:

That's unfair.

No one cares if you think if it is fair or not, having many kids will destroy this planet, it's unfair for others to continue increasing the birth rate regardless of it's consequences.

People shouldn't be told how many kids to have.

Plus less kids will make people loose jobs. I mean nearly everyone on my street has 4 or more kids.
It's just unfair, if people want more kids they should be able too.

SilverStar29 wrote:

Echo, how would you feel if people limited blood children, but adoption was encouraged?

Oh god, so encourage people to pay 10,00$+, instead of having their OWN child. Seems fantastic...

AzurePudding wrote:

With one kid, the kid has 100% of the attention.   Two kids, 50%, three kids, 33%, and so on.   When you have 20 kids it's not just a struggle but you can't spend your time evenly with each of them and some will tend to be neglected

I love your logic, I really do, with that scenario you're saying, there's only 1 parent, and the other kids never age? Okay, gottha!

Most children have a mom and dad (that's 2 reasonable adults). and by the time they have had their 4th child the first child will be older enough to help out. Won't be able to do a lot, but yeah.   There are ways of coping.

But I never said 20 kids was okay. 7 kids is pushing the boat out.

But if you had 20 kids, the first kid would be a freaking adult to help out, have you forgot that people age? You obviously don't'

Last edited by Echo! (Apr 29 2013 9:52:02 am)

#23 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Echo, there is no rational way you can actually justify what you are saying.

I'll repeat myself.

No one cares about your opinion, no one cares that you think it is right or wrong.

The simple fact is, there are too many people. So if everyone is allowed to breed to whatever number they choose, in some places this would lead to disaster. That's why rules like the one child policy NEED to be put in place, because people with rational thought have figured out it would lead to famine, severe pressure on national services and a population density that is too high.

The simple explanation that "BuT kIdS aRe CuTe" Doesn't work nor can it be applied every single modern day country.

In some countries, the birth rates are too low, but they are often filled by young immigrants. But in other countries, it is too high. You can't decide that everyone should have as many kids as they want, your view of the world is as big as a soap bubble.

Last edited by treejoe4 (Apr 29 2013 10:11:14 am)

#24 Before February 2015

Echo!

Treejoe, I'm not trying to justify myself as being right, so stop thinking that. No cares about my opinion which is = "I think it's unfair to have child limitations" But I never said it's a bad idea, and I agree with it. But I just find it unfair, but that's my personal opinion, I still think it's a good idea and will help..

treejoe4 wrote:

The simple explanation that "BuT kIdS aRe CuTe" Doesn't work nor can it be applied every single modern day country.

Unfortunately due to my new restrictions that tako laid down, I can not answer that.

#25 Before February 2015

krubby

SilverStar29 wrote:
killingpepper123 wrote:

Idk if that is proof... I've heard that there is enough but it just doesn't get to Africa. And if that's not the case, I'm sure some places could go with a little less food.

Actually, one of the basic rules of evolution is that there is never enough space or resources for every member of a population to survive. So, yeah. Even if we weren't overpopulated, that would still happen.

SilverStar1423676110285322

Board footer