Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

ElJaso

Re: Let's fix Parental Control

I am sorry i haven't read all the posts before this but I think that along with some of the stuff in posts #15-about 25 and I like the idea. My only suggestion is a "Report" (red dot) near each chat bubble. This way, if somebody does bypass the censors, they could be looked at and also be punished for that. Also, that would give something for mods+ to do. No offense to any mods or anything, as I may be missing something, but I would like to say how little to nothing they do. What do they do to discipline players? Yes, I realize that they help out in the forums, but a few game mods would also be nice.

That's all for now,
ElJaso

EDIT:
Just read post 26 and facepalmed >_>

Last edited by ElJaso (Dec 23 2010 10:16:14 pm)

#52 Before February 2015

gamez7

Ugh. One of the ideas on here would take ONE mod, and part of it would be user-based.

So let's say that there was a database of curse words, and they would be censored in the chat. If someone uses a word that is not in the database, a user can report it to the mod, and if the word should be censored, the mod would add it to the database. The mod would have to make the final verification, because if some n00b just put in "the" into the database, the word "the" would be censored in the chat. And that would suck. So I like this idea because:

1. It only takes one mod.
2. It allows everyone to have chat.
3. Older kids can cuss all they want, it'll just be censored.
4. I LIEK FRENCH FRIZE (lol)

#53 Before February 2015

Randomdude

alex wrote:

I think a point system could work, where 100 points disabled chat, and you lose 1 point a day some works like crap or damn could be 1-2 points, more offensive ones like **** and such would be 5-10, and racial and otherwise 'offensive' words could be 20-50 points.
This could even work on an honers system, people report it swears, then the mods can gauge how many points the person should get('oh, ****, I fell' would get less warning than 'you ***ing loser!!!').

Also, restrict use of god mode while banned, give ~50 warning for trolling, and you'll get rid of most trolls simultaneously.

Instead of the de-merit system (points = bad), I'll rather have a merit system (points = good).And the max points is 10, not 100. And it takes a week to increase the point by 1.

When your point system is full, you will get energy faster (like maybe 1 in 2min or 1 in 2min 29sec). Getting energy faster will encourage people to not curse or swear //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile.

And also, if the point go below 8, energy rates up slightly slower (1 in 3min?), if below 5, bye-bye godmode & energy will rate up slower (1 in 10 min?), if below 3, energy rates up very slowly (1 in 1h?).
And if 0 or below, no chat & energy will not rate up at all AND deletes the rest of the energy in the storage (this will happen during the banned period too).

The points have to be at least 4 to get back chat (1 month is enough for people to come back to their senses, or is it???).

Minor bad word>>>>>>>>>>-1
Major bad word>>>>>>>>>>-3
Troll>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-5 (people must report troll)
Racist & Extreme bad word>>>-8

Even if the bad words are not showed, it is good to prevent them from testing out which bad word still haven't been censored.
End //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Lol edited 2 times.

Last edited by Randomdude (Dec 24 2010 10:41:37 am)

#54 Before February 2015

gamez7

Randomdude wrote:
alex wrote:

I think a point system could work, where 100 points disabled chat, and you lose 1 point a day some works like crap or damn could be 1-2 points, more offensive ones like **** and such would be 5-10, and racial and otherwise 'offensive' words could be 20-50 points.
This could even work on an honers system, people report it swears, then the mods can gauge how many points the person should get('oh, ****, I fell' would get less warning than 'you ***ing loser!!!').

Also, restrict use of god mode while banned, give ~50 warning for trolling, and you'll get rid of most trolls simultaneously.

Instead of the de-merit system (points = bad), I'll rather have a merit system (points = good).And the max points is 10, not 100. And it takes a week to increase the point by 1.

When your point system is full, you will get energy faster (like maybe 1 in 2min or 1 in 2min 29sec). Getting energy faster will encourage people to not curse or swear //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile.

And also, if the point go below 8, energy rates up slightly slower (1 in 3min?), if below 5, bye-bye godmode & energy will rate up slower (1 in 10 min?), if below 3, energy rates up very slowly (1 in 1h?).
And if 0 or below, no chat & energy will not rate up at all AND deletes the rest of the energy in the storage (this will happen during the banned period too).

The points have to be at least 4 to get back chat (1 month is enough for people to come back to their senses, or is it???).

Even if the bad words are not showed, it is good to prevent them from testing out which bad word still haven't been censored.

Lol edited 2 times.

The points system is way too complicated, would take lots of mods, and is stupid. :/

#55 Before February 2015

annoyinorange

Ding ding ding! Add a swear-blocker! Also, try to filter names. That's a good idea too. And i bet you dont know how to make a swear-blocker. Call Club Penguin at     1-888-8614-111. Whenever someone swears, they get banned. That number should be in California so you might need to pay for the call. I don't know. Well, just learn from them how to do it and do it! Might work, might not. Adios!

#56 Before February 2015

Sea Shock

This update sucks ***, Just censor the words and the entire world is fine.

Will do! --- RPGMaster2000

#57 Before February 2015

mike720

Sea Shock wrote:

This update sucks ---, Just censor the words and the entire world is fine.

you know how many different variations of swears there are?!

#58 Before February 2015

gnom

CHRIS, U DO A STUPID THING! MY PARENTS DONT HAVE PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD, AND THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE IT. PLZ, UNLOCK ME A PARENTAL CONTROL, IM 15!!! IM NOT TROLL, I DONT SAY ANY NOT NICE THINGS, AND I WANT TO KNOW KEYS, BUT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE CHAT AND THEY NOT GOING TO WRITE IT BY BRICKS. HELP!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:(:(:(:(:(:(

#59 Before February 2015

gnom

K, I DONT WANT TO PLAY EE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE CHAT. GIVE ME MONEY FROM 188 GEMS!

#60 Before February 2015

BorkD

can't you verify someone has paypal WITHOUT them paying? i mean, if someone with paypal has to be 18, they can just send an e-mail, with some kind of bot e-mail checking things?

#61 Before February 2015

BorkD

Randomdude wrote:
alex wrote:

Lol edited 2 times.

I once accidently mistyped "minigames" with two G's.
if that would decrease my points by eight, i wouldn't have chat for two weeks, for a typo.

This makes it so there should be mods on 100% of the time, in several rooms at a time, and you can't trust everyone, you know.

Word filters have never turned out to be working good... maybe an e-mail of a chat log would be fine.

#62 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

MY DAD WANTS ME TO HAVE CHAT, BUT PAYPAL KEEPS DECLINING HIS CARD!

[EDIT] IT WORKS NOW, AND SO DOES MY ALL CAPS BUTTON! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Dec 28 2010 3:01:06 pm)

#63 Before February 2015

Jskrasnove

I do not have any ideas that could work for Parental Control, but I would wish that users without chat can reset, loadlevel, and kick. My parents are not convinced about paying 1 cent and I totally understand them. I personally do not want to chat, but want to reset and loadlevel etc. I suggest that the reset, kick, and loadlevel option should be for all users or just beta instead of only for those with chat.

That is all I wish to be improved with the Parental Control chat option. I appreciate if you would let beta have this option. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Thanks.

#64 Before February 2015

jDodson99

Oh, I know! How about a safechat option for those who don't want to pay the penny? You can only say specific things (e.g. "Help! I'm stuck!" or "Awesome level!" or "etc.) and users with safechat can only see the safechat phrases! That would eliminate the cussing problem. Well not exactly but you know what I mean.

#65 Before February 2015

neloa

I want to point out some things:
?Some kids may have credit cards and are younger than 15.
?They can easily get around the age policy for PayPal if they are.
?Some adults don't even have credit cards. :/

I think that there should be an on/ off "button" for the chat.. OR.. You could filter the cuss words and just make it free? o3o Filtering would actually be very convenient, considering just about everyone cusses, including my 4-year old brother. I hate profane language, and a cussing-free chat would be awesome. But it might be hard to create a free of charge and cussing chat...
Eh. So here are my ideas summed up:
?Filtered chat- free of charge //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
OR/ AND
?On/ off button, in case you just don't want to see the chat. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And yeah..   A "report username" dot.. thing...?
I also disagree with the mods idea, and here's why:
Some mods could troll ban for no reason, considering there are many, many, maaaany trolls out there. So just a report button should be better, and you would have to be reported several times to be banned temporarily, in case a troll decides to report you. And the more you get banned, the longer the time you're banned for..?

Edited 3 times, lol. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Last edited by neloa (Dec 28 2010 10:22:09 am)

#66 Before February 2015

Mrheroadam

Unblock my chat please. My parents agree to use the chat function. I live in Poland and I can not pay. Please write-off and if you agree thank you very much. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#67 Before February 2015

zomzom

Please help!My mum wont pay for me 1 cent
H
E
L
P
!

#68 Before February 2015

Burnett

Hey Alex,I didn't understand anything.Becouse my language is not like yours //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad.And Please open my thread named "Chat Purchase Wih Phone".I opened it becosue I lot of peopel can purchased it with phone not PayPal!

#69 Before February 2015

katelyn

Urunberkay12 wrote:

Hey Alex,I didn't understand anything.Becouse my language is not like yours //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad.And Please open my thread named "Chat Purchase Wih Phone".I opened it becosue I lot of peopel can purchased it with phone not PayPal!

Agree. I was about to add a reply to the topic, but then it said I couldn't access. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#70 Before February 2015

Plet53

You guys ever heard of a Visa gift card? Works just like a credit card...

#71 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

use a age poll thing whos under the 13 years old got chat filter or something and if he press 18+ or something is it his own risk

#72 Before February 2015

Surf

This system will cause alot of spam as well since younger children will start whining about the fact the can't use chat.

I think the easiest way would be enabling chat to everybody, adding more mods for language issues etc and setting up an optional parental control system so that angry parents can block the chat if they dont want their children to interfere. Maybe a language filter but that is alot of hassle for not much.

Then if People send you mails about the problems of the chat you just send them a pre-made step by step tutorial on how to the turn parental control on. Along with a post on the forum.

Parental control should be something easy with a code that the parents can put in to block the chat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Sounds alot simpler than the paypal version //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Alex/Surf https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Last edited by Surf (Dec 28 2010 12:07:10 pm)

#73 Before February 2015

klove

well if i send my parents e-mail and they say ye to it would that work and as on every body edits   my user name is klove //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile thank you have a nice day but i do like alexs tinking give it a worl                             and i am 12   here is my moms e-mail p.s me and my mom share <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="20434849434b121010181713605941484f4f0e434f4d">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script> i will have here cumferm it and once agen have a nice day     //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

with luck your friend
                                                                      klove

#74 Before February 2015

Burnett

I hate the money >.<.Everything is can be purchased with PayPal!Make more payment options!!For phone,make it 1 dolars.It's ok too!But every game needs a chat not paid chat!Please read this Alex and Chris!

#75 Before February 2015

Soph846

Well Chris, i live in England, i don't have any dollars as you should know. And i havn't got Beta either as my parents arn't willing to pay. So just as i found out non-beta were getting chat i was pleased, then finding out i have to pay one cent for it, kinda bummed me out.
Now my idea is, you make two kinds of lobbys, one for over 18s, and the other for 18s and under, when a user gives their age, they will be sent to a specific lobby, as i'm sure there are many people across England who also play this game, and have no acess to dollars, cents etc.
This is just an idea though, yes it has its downsides, but all in all i think it should work.

Sophie //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile x

Chris 142393302928403

Board footer