Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cyral

My Game "Zarknorth"

EDIT: 1/21/14, I seriously need to clean up this post. Check out our new video! http://youtu.be/lWv-HaeLYi0

Been quite a while since I was here. So, After I quit this game, with my programming knowledge of bots and such. I've been working on a game along with a few friends. You may now know me as "Cyral".

Zarknorth is a 2D sidescroller style game coming soon! It combines adventurous and unique landscapes with a retro feel, sandbox creation, and infinite combinations. We are driven by an indie developer team, and our amazing community ideas. Level up and build your empire to become a hero in your kingdom! Fight off intruders to your base and train your skill! With a randomly generated universe, so many blocks, and tiers of technology, weapons, and items, what more could you need?

The game will feature Story, Survival, and Free build modes. In story mode you can travel to planets and level up as described above. Survival is similar, allowing you to create a new planet to survive on, and have access to all recipes throughout the tech tree. Free build which gives you an unlimited amount of materials and gives you immunity to mobs, perfect for building!

Items can be crafted from recipes found along your journey, and attachments can be added to existing items. You must use skills and perks to advance through a "tech-tree" of objects, they can also be disassembled so you can always get the majority of your materials back.

The game play mechanics will be very involved, my goal is to put the player into an environment that feels real with everything going on, the wiring system for example will be a key game play feature. Even more complex than games like Minecraft, it will feature lots of controls and items to build your own contraption.

I would love to have everything unique, weapons, enemies, skills, and more. Only some of that is possible in the time frame I have, and will continue to develop and add as much as possible in updates after the release.

Planets are randomly generated with unique biomes, structures, and a world full of potential. Exploring will never be the same! Non player characters (NPCs) you find can help you conduct research and learn about these alien planets you find. Zarknorth is yours to mold, a story within a sandbox!

The game is expected to be released late 2013, for now I would really like it if you would check out the forums and help shape the game! If you like what you see, please feel free to leave a comment or tell your friends. It doesn't have to be a huge community, but you never know what we could make if you told your friends and joined the conversation!
Here are some pictures!

Zarknorth%202014-01-20%2011-13-45-22.png
Zarknorth%202014-01-20%2010-36-58-09.png
xtc4.png

2ixzt.gif
Day/Night cycle (x40 speed)

2iy7q.gif
Lightning

2iymf.gif
Fire

2iyxb.gif
Sand physics

PICS

7-15-FireNight.png
Fire and Ice Mushrooms

Yru1bv4.png
Crafting

Click here to view more media!

I know you will say its like terraria or minecraft, but this is just the basic game engine. Were working on ideas of original game play!

Now is your time to have your voice! Sign up at http://www.zarknorth.com/

~Cyral / EE Beast

Last edited by Cyral (Mar 11 2014 3:06:06 pm)

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#2 Before February 2015

Muffin

Re: My Game "Zarknorth"

The character looks a bit out of place, and this looks identical to block miner right now. I hope you come up with cool gameplay.

#3 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Muffin wrote:

The character looks a bit out of place, and this looks identical to block miner right now. I hope you come up with cool gameplay.

I agree, it looks like Block Miner, just replaced with a Halo character.

#4 Before February 2015

treejoe4

It would be more original if you used a CoD character.

#5 Before February 2015

Cyral

Just to let you know, as I said "enhanced graphics coming soon" that was sprite we made in a few minutes. And disabled physics in that pic so thats why the position was messed up a little.

#6 Before February 2015

imtn

I think that it looks nice. Maybe you could make a giant island turn out to be a boss?

#7 Before February 2015

Cyral

Thanks!

#8 Before February 2015

skullz17

The character looks more like megaman to me but without a face. What kind of game is it going to be? A normal platform or a game about mining?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#9 Before February 2015

Cyral

Inbetween, and haha, our artist is a fan of megaman
UPDATE: Messing with the site, sorry about the messed up layout, bare with me for a while.

Last edited by Cyral (Jun 1 2012 2:28:25 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

There's no translation for random characters typed in a row, but there is a delete button.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

Cyral

So, Zarknorth is about 1/3 of the way done. We have finished the basic game engine, and are going to add features that will make it actually fun in this phase.

Its summer now, So we should be picking up the pace on development (Ahh if only I could stop watching Youtube the whole time)

Quick Teaser (I was testing out my own graphics since Nick and CTW seem to be gone)

HfRvb.png

#12 Before February 2015

milk

Nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#13 Before February 2015

Cyral

Thanks!

#14 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

I can come back. But I'm not sure if it's worth it seeing how I cannot animate.

#15 Before February 2015

Master1

EE Beast wrote:

So, Zarknorth is about 1/3 of the way done. We have finished the basic game engine, and are going to add features that will make it actually fun in this phase.

Its summer now, So we should be picking up the pace on development (Ahh if only I could stop watching Youtube the whole time)

Quick Teaser (I was testing out my own graphics since Nick and CTW seem to be gone)

I feel sad now :<

Last edited by Master1 (Jul 4 2012 1:33:49 am)

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#16 Before February 2015

Cyral

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7fNFOYHslU[/youtube]

Feedback appreciated, don't forget about the forums!

Last edited by Cyral (Jul 23 2012 3:35:40 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Eh, the video's ok, but it could use some gameplay footage.

#18 Before February 2015

Cyral

Monstar43 wrote:

Eh, the video's ok, but it could use some gameplay footage.

Its in game 99 percent of the time.

EDIT: Sorry, your probably saw the other vid, I was trying to see why the link wasnt working, check it out now!

---

Btw, Forum glitch, not sure why the link is not rendering correctly

Just check out the channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarknorth?feature=mhee

Last edited by Cyral (Jul 23 2012 12:03:37 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Ooh. This is much better. Keep up the good work! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 Before February 2015

Cyral

Updated the Images.

#21 Before February 2015

Drew12345

looks pretty sweet let me know when you get done so I can play!

#22 Before February 2015

looks a lot like a 2D 1 player minecraft.

#23 Before February 2015

Cyral

We are looking for suggestions on crafting, Please reply here or on our forums

http://cyral.bplaced.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110

#24 Before February 2015

Raiden

:O That's a pretty awesome game there. You're right though, my immediate reaction:

Holy crap, the blocks look like minecraft.

Holy crap, it's 2-D like Terraria.

Seriously though, I really want to play that game. :3

#25 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Monstar43 wrote:
Muffin wrote:

I agree, it looks like Block Miner, just replaced with a Halo character.

I did make quite a few graphics for the game, but after quite a bit of discussion with EEBeast(Cyral), I decided that I did not want them to be used in game.
Looks alright so far, maybe the graphics could be a little more smooth, the trees look really awkward, I would definitely recommend fixing that. Overall the game looks interesting and I world probably play it, but honestly I would only really play it in my free time.

Good luck.

Cyral1423680347281085

Board footer