Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

Several issues, likely associated with high brick counts

I'm the owner of the Great Saved World that's usually named Great Rainbow Race. (used to be The Great Raceway)     With all the fully black blocks used to give it the Mario Kart minimap feel, in addition to the many arrows used to push people along in the race, there are a LOT of bricks in the map.   It may arguably be the largest amount of bricks ever used in an EE map.

It seems like the mass of bricks is amassing many problems, though.   First of all, when no one else is in the room and I try to go in, it always stays on the loading screen.   I figured out a way to circumvent this, though:   I keep that tab open, load up another tab and join the room on there.   It works every time; strangely, though, it shows the tab that's still loading is in the map (I can see the smiley and everything).

Secondly, and this was addressed in another topic, I believe, is that sometimes when I save the level, I cannot click on Modify Level any more (on that tab at least).   Other times, the button stays on 'Saving' forever.   It can get quite annoying.

Finally, and this is by far the worst one, is when I attempt to /loadlevel after changing some stuff.   The level does not go back to the previous save, and worse yet, all the bricks that were changed since now have the strangest issue:   The bricks cannot be returned to the brick they were at the last save, nor merely deleted; you have to first change them to a different brick type.

So, I'm fairly sure that at least the majority of these problems is related to the high brick count of my map.   I hope something can be done about this, but the bigger question is probably whether it matters enough to Chris for him to attempt to deal with it.

#2 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Re: Several issues, likely associated with high brick counts

It'd be very interesting to see what the cause of this is.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#3 Before February 2015

Smiley3

I'm one of the people who went to this map, but I don't even know about this problem because someone is using the reset when I'm on this map.

#4 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

^Yeah, that's part of the auto-run I use to keep races flowing smoothly.

Super_Luigi 1423689976271456

Board footer