Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Atik

My Forum Feedback

Don't get me wrong, I think this a forum ran by good people, but the forum itself is pretty low quality and there are a few things I feel I need to address. I am not intending to hurt anyone, I'm just being straight.
Needed (in my opinion)
1. This forum needs better moderation policies and Rules.
1a. Spam posts/threads are posted throughout the forums, example The totally unoriginal crew PLZ JOIN and Cyclone even joined in, with a meaningless post as well.
1b. Cyclone banned a user for using an invisible name. He did nothing wrong apart from the username which he could've easily changed. The banned user had done nothing else wrong. Does that seem fair? I wouldn't be surprised if I got a warning for this post.
2. Cyclone himself needs to take the time himself to read the forum suggestions...
1a.This is the usual response for the suggestion forum, by Rurigok.

Rurigok wrote:

I'll see what Cyclone thinks.

1b. The last post I saw Cyclone make to a suggestion was on the 18th, today is the 26th. Since he is the Admin himself, he should be responding, not a moderator every single time

3. Set things straight.
3a. A few users in the EE Chat Tinychat seem to think that you programmed this whole forum yourself. I don't believe that's the case since FluxBB is created by what I can see from a quick scroll through the FluxBB website by: elbekko, Franz, and Reines. They seem to think that because you made the forum that you're some kind of god (my opinion).

Sorry if those seemed a bit harsh, but this forum will not be successful if things keep going the way they are, I have ran my own forums before and they have been successful. I have also been staff on a site supporting more than 110k members, so I know how a forum should be run. Google OneHitGamer.

#2 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Re: My Forum Feedback

In response to 1a, lighten up a bit. It was only meant to be harmless satire in response to the sudden influx of crews after EX Crew disbanded. I wouldn't take that one too seriously. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Atik

I know it was a joke, pretty funny too. But my point was, some people will see that and think it's okay to do. There could potentially be more spam threads, not as funny, and probably ridiculous.

#4 Before February 2015

Bash

As for 1b, I'm assuming that the username was banned and not the actual IP.   If it was the IP, it was a bit harsh to do that.   Also, they have two missing posts, maybe that had something to do with the banning?

3a, He didn't program all of it, but I know he made quite a few changes to the inner workings of the software.   And I'm pretty sure there is nothing he can do about others thinking that...

Odysseus wrote:

I know it was a joke, pretty funny too. But my point was, some people will see that and think it's okay to do. There could potentially be more spam threads, not as funny, and probably ridiculous.

Sure, there could be more spam threads, but have you seen any yet that are like it?

#5 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

@1b.
He banned invisible name and administrator.

He did not ban GangRape, though, even though Gang Rape is violent and vulgar and probably shouldn't be a username. :/

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#6 Before February 2015

Ciro

Administrator registed just for trolling, but the invisible name person maybe not.

#7 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Odysseus wrote:

Needed (in my opinion)
1. This forum needs better moderation policies and Rules.
1a. Spam posts/threads are posted throughout the forums, example The totally unoriginal crew PLZ JOIN and Cyclone even joined in, with a meaningless post as well.
1b. Cyclone banned a user for using an invisible name. He did nothing wrong apart from the username which he could've easily changed. The banned user had done nothing else wrong. Does that seem fair? I wouldn't be surprised if I got a warning for this post.

1. If you have some policies or a rules list you would like to suggest, then please suggest it instead of just complaining about it.

1a. That's not spam, it's funny. Post count doesn't mean a thing, you get nothing out of posting a lot other than respect from the community if the quality of your posts are good.

1b. The invisible name has implications for the FluxBB system that would make moderation of things by that user very difficult. I've only banned their username and email address, they're free to make a new account and try joining in again.

Odysseus wrote:

2. Cyclone himself needs to take the time himself to read the forum suggestions...
1a.This is the usual response for the suggestion forum, by Rurigok.

Rurigok wrote:

I'll see what Cyclone thinks.

1b. The last post I saw Cyclone make to a suggestion was on the 18th, today is the 26th. Since he is the Admin himself, he should be responding, not a moderator every single time

2. Believe it or not, I actually DO read the suggestions. Case in point: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=339

1a. What's wrong with this? He asks me what I think, and I tell him.

1b. I respond when I feel it is necessary.

Odysseus wrote:

3. Set things straight.
3a. A few users in the EE Chat Tinychat seem to think that you programmed this whole forum yourself. I don't believe that's the case since FluxBB is created by what I can see from a quick scroll through the FluxBB website by: elbekko, Franz, and Reines. They seem to think that because you made the forum that you're some kind of god (my opinion).

3a. I never once claimed to be a developer for FluxBB. If you look at the footer, you see: