Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Luck

Signature image sizes

So, I see people with huge signature images that are about 500x500. I think this is overly obnoxious and that the forums should regulate image sizes in signatures.

Let me refer you to the rules:

Rules wrote:

E. Signatures must not exceed 350px in height; this includes all images and text. A rule of thumb is that if the bottom of a blank post extends past your user info, your signature is too big.

So why is it that we have people with overly large signatures? I remember reporting atleast one person for their large signature but it wasn't changed.

It's annoying when the majority of the screen is taken up by overly large signatures.

tl;dr: Start regulating signature sizes.

#2 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Re: Signature image sizes

Let it as it is. It's not annoying.

#3 Before February 2015

MacGuy360

its ok for me ~:|

#4 Before February 2015

jakery

Luck wrote:

So, I see people with huge signature images that are about 500x500. I think this is overly obnoxious and that the forums should regulate image sizes in signatures.

Let me refer you to the rules:

Rules wrote:

E. Signatures must not exceed 350px in height; this includes all images and text. A rule of thumb is that if the bottom of a blank post extends past your user info, your signature is too big.

So why is it that we have people with overly large signatures? I remember reporting atleast one person for their large signature but it wasn't changed.

It's annoying when the majority of the screen is taken up by overly large signatures.

tl;dr: Start regulating signature sizes.

Mods probably won't spend time enforcing this unless it becomes a widespread problem. I'm not sure I've ever seen one that's way over the 350px limit; one where I was thinking, "Jeez, that guy is compensating."

#5 Before February 2015

Rurigok

We don't usually enforce the 350px rule exactly, just don't have a signature that's like 2k pixels in height.

#6 Before February 2015

Alex

Eh, use the report button, we can't exactly search for people with giant signatures.
If we see the problem we'll enforce it, but if something is like 352 px high, we probably won't even notice without it being pointed out to us.

Luck 1423701075260357

Board footer