Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Semi-Mods

I was thinking of having Semi-Mods on the forum if all the mods or admins aren't on.
The Semi-Mod powers could be:
1.Warning users
2.locking topics

Since they're called"Semi-Mods",they obviously won't have all of the abilitys of a mod or admin.
I doubt my idea will get anywhere. :/

#2 Before February 2015

EDJ

Re: Semi-Mods

I think we have an mod/admin on pretty much 24/7 actually

#3 Before February 2015

Chimi

...not quite. Several times I've noticed there arent any on. Even since the new ones.
These mods would probably need the ability to move topics too.

Last edited by Chimi (Apr 4 2011 2:46:24 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

BillyP

If they can move, lock and warn then they may as well just be a general moderator.

#5 Before February 2015

jakery

Monstar43 wrote:

I was thinking of having Semi-Mods on the forum if all the mods or admins aren't on.
The Semi-Mod powers could be:
1.Warning users
2.locking topics

Since they're called"Semi-Mods",they obviously won't have all of the abilitys of a mod or admin.
I doubt my idea will get anywhere. :/

If the mods start getting overwhelmed, my guess is they'll just recruit more users to become mods. If there are times when a mod isn't on EE forums, it's not an emergency.

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

This has been suggested at least twice before, but it may not be on one of the lists of suggestions.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

Revolution

It's true, I do allnighters a lot and noyones on but me maybe... Betaguy and some guests.... The Semi-Mods doesn't seem like the best idea because moderators are on all day long. Even at night it's not like anyones on to do something against the rules. By the way, this shoul'd be on suggestions

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

No, it shouldn't revo. This belongs in forum discussion. That is GAME suggestions. Read the descriptions before you suggest moving topics.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

theed56

Well, maybe temp mods.

#10 Before February 2015

Palm

Theed, thats a good idea..

#11 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

hmm. it might help them to choose mods if a few ppl could be mods temporairly. the good ones stay and the bad ones are weeded out.

#12 Before February 2015

supadorf24

How do we decide the new mods? Voting? Like a ... democracy? Pffft. How about ... the Mod Olympics! Every forum user is given mod powers for one whole day. Whichever user locks and deletes the most topics on that day permenently becomes a mod. And if you think that sounds fun, stay tuned for the Admin Olympics.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Apr 5 2011 8:31:10 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Monstar43

I'm not sure that would be the Mod Olympics is a good idea.Any noob could be like this:

noob: I haz mod
powerz?I haz mod powerz!I iz gonna do anything cuz ica n cuz i iz a mod!!:D:D:D

I think voting would be best.

#14 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Whoever locks and moves the most topics? Are you insane?

- ShinsukeIto

#15 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

"one becomes a mod on the forum when the current staff finds they are useful and trustworthy, at a time that the forum needs a new moderator."

The staff feels there is no need for more moderators, currently, so semimods would be pointless.

#16 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Supadorf24 wrote:

How do we decide the new mods? Voting? Like a ... democracy? Pffft. How about ... the Mod Olympics! Every forum user is given mod powers for one whole day. Whichever user locks and deletes the most topics on that day permenently becomes a mod. And if you think that sounds fun, stay tuned for the Admin Olympics.

Lol, I hope you're not serious about this idea.

#17 Before February 2015

EDJ

I don't see why we need new mods.
It works just fine

#18 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

just wait till the next mod election and hope you get picked.

#19 Before February 2015

Advancé

Good Idea! pFhcd.png

#20 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i think the way mods are picked is a terrible way. people just say to cyclone who they want to be the new mod and whoever is said the most is mod. that is a bad system because most users have no idea of seeing whether they would be a good mod or not. i say the mods should look at different users and pick a list of candidates for the next mod. then the users could pick from those choices.

#21 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

^that is not the system at all. People are nominated and the admins discuss until they pick who they think would do the best job.

- ShinsukeIto

#22 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

^still. i think it would be more organized if we had a list of candidates to pick from or something.

#23 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

If it were up to me, I wouldn't let the public have any control at all in regards to who gets picked and not. I'd much rather have internal discussions on who seems to be the most mature and competent member that might be up to the task of being a moderator. Giving power to the public in matters like these is nonsensical,

#24 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

That's basically whoever gets voted(same as nominated in your version of the picking) gets to be mod. The current admins know what to look for in a mod.

- ShinsukeIto

#25 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

heres what i think should make a mod. a lot of ppl say postcount is important, but here is what i say about that. you need to be active to be a mod so you dont end up like toby with 16 posts and very little moderation. you are better to be a mod if you have 400 posts than if you have 10, but you are the same if you have 500 or 2000. next, we have to judge whether they will be right with their moderation and not abuse it. if someone like linus21 was a mod, he would ban everyone that hated him and lock to many topics. you have to know what to lock. mods can be allowed to have a few rule breaks. if you look through the graveyard you will find a few useless posts by chewy and different. i will admit i have done a bit of spamming/gravedigging/owning a second account.(btw, most people say i was twipplysucks. just to clarify, i was not. it was jason30). i think we all have broken the rules. just some more than others. but dont take a rule abuser like fail in as mod. last, they need to be active people. like i said earlier, we should look at postcount, but not in he has 1000 so he will be picked over the one with 900 way. postcount means very little, but it matters some. it should only affect whether or not you are selected, not your chances if you are selected. so basically, pick the ones that meet those criteria the most. also, i have a hunch that different was picked because of his high postcount.

Monstar43 1423701390260042

Board footer