Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

get new ads

im pretty sure you can tell adsense to give you ads with different content, and i know we shouldnt have ads like this.
fixtheforum.jpg
this is a forum of 10 year olds. tell the advertisers to give appropriate ads.

#2 Before February 2015

Chimi

Re: get new ads

Who clicks on ads anyways? Not me. Money is money.

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Lol, 10 years old?

Links aren't people. They can be a 1000 years old, but it's still the exact same link.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#4 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Use Adblock Plus?

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Opera adapts. You tell it which things are ads and it builds up a memory of all the ad sites. Eventually you hardly ever run into an ad, and when you do, you can add add it to your list.
....He's using IE. Shun the primitive. Seriously, IE? I mean there's Chrome, FF, Opera but IE? IE's adblock is pathetic. Can't even correctly block popups.

Last edited by Different55 (Apr 30 2011 1:56:32 pm)

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

Luck

Doesn't google adsense give ads relative to one's cookies? We know what you've been looking for, if that's the case.

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

But if opera blocks all the ad sites' cookies and ads, then what would google ads do? They'd have no idea what you're up to. That's fine with me.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Different55 wrote:

Opera adapts. You tell it which things are ads and it builds up a memory of all the ad sites. Eventually you hardly ever run into an ad, and when you do, you can add add it to your list.
....He's using IE. Shun the primitive. Seriously, IE? I mean there's Chrome, FF, Opera but IE? IE's adblock is pathetic. Can't even correctly block popups.

i just had my hard drive wiped. im gonna wait a little before i get a new browser.

#9 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Different55 wrote:

Or you could use Firefox's AdBlock+, which comes with presets; I have yet to see more than 5 ads since I installed it, and those were all from Hulu (Where I have ABP disabled so that I am allowed to watch their videos)

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Nice. I'll have to give it a try. Is it easy to add and remove a site from the blacklist?

- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Yes, there's a little "BLOCK" button on all flash objects; it's rather unobtrusive and you're two clicks away from blacklisting a swf, directory, subdomain, or even entire domains. For objects that don't automatically generate a "BLOCK" button, such as images, you can right click it, and then click "Adblock Plus: Block Image." It's very streamlined.

#12 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile You use FF too? >:D Awesome!

RhazzleFrazzle1423701909259523

Board footer