Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Silverheart

My opinion on reps

first, let me say that i do not mind if you - rep me for what i post or if everybody on here hates me, but i have some opinions i feel i should express.
i have been looking at some + and - rep given and i think most of it is not for good reason. i have seen + rep me and i'll + rep you, + rep for no reason, +rep just for posting, - rep because someone - rep to you, - rep because someone disagreed, and - rep because someone believed your post was rude to them. i believe this isn't the way rep should be used, but instead to encourage useful posts and discourage ruse and useless ones. I'm not saying that all rep is used wrong as many members do use it the way it was meant to be used, to reward being helpful, but i believe some should use rep like this as they don't.

#2 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Re: My opinion on reps

rep is usless. it shows you nothing about the user. imma give you - rep to show you.

#3 Before February 2015

Silverheart

that is why i posted this. to say rep should be used in a way that it can show something.

#4 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Yeah, so? Rep is worth what it means to you. For instance, MRBOOGAWESOME has lots of rep. But has he earned any of it? Some, but if he didn't do a rep for rep thing, he'd have a rep of about 10. Take, Different for example. He's got tons of rep, and he's earned almost all of it. The number doesn't mean anything; the reasons do.

#5 Before February 2015

Silverheart

i know... i just wish people would give rep for good reasons in the first place.

#6 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Supadorf24 wrote:

Different for example.

Errmmm sure... i looked at his rep, most of it is because he spamed up to 4000 posts and became mod.... and thats like 40 rep right there...

now if you look a my rep, there all legit. ( exept like... 5 but i cant get rid of them so //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue ) and thats because i help people. or made a funny. but yeah.

and yes, i would be happy if people would stop +repping people for things lkie: felt like it. or jskdl or . and so on

dont take rep seriously, its just a number.

Last edited by Kaosslasher (May 18 2011 8:24:20 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Chimi

This is why I disabled my rep. I got a lot of it from people I had made logos for.

#8 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Rep can mean something, but only if we use it right.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#9 Before February 2015

Chimi

...and we won't so don't even try. don't like it? disable it.

Silverheart 1423702558258874

Board footer