Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

BEE

Unlock Request

I want to request the unlocking of the red panda thread.
http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=5939

I think they are so cute it deserves to be bumped up and none of the posts were spam.

Thoughts?

Edit: This thread has become a discussion about the gravedig rule, read the posts below.

Last edited by BEE (Jun 12 2011 10:31:16 pm)

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#2 Before February 2015

Wezza

Re: Unlock Request

Ask zoey if a mod wants to re-open it, when the owner of the topic asks it it always get opened. then they say "unlocked on owners request" (:

#3 Before February 2015

BEE

IMO it should not have been locked in the first place.

#4 Before February 2015

Wezza

then she should've pmed a mod in the first place ;p

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Then a mod should've seen this topic.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

BEE

I would have PMed a mod if it was the specific action I disagreed with rather than the rule itself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I openly dislike the gravedigging rule. It has no purpose. If someone spams on a thread, whether its old or new, they would get a warning, why does the age of the thread matter if the content is still relevant?

#7 Before February 2015

jakery

It looks like the thread died a natural death and people kept gravedigging it, but not to expand & revive the topic. If the thread was unlocked, would new posts justify another gravedig?

Edit: How is that thread still relevant?

Last edited by jakery (May 11 2011 9:24:48 am)

#8 Before February 2015

BEE

As I said above, I have nothing against "gravedigging" in the first place.

If it were a true problem, Cyclone could put a time/page limit on threads.

My day was made 50% happier because I had never seen those cute red pandas before today, and if it werent bumped up, I would be that much worse off.

Edit: How is cuteness not relevant?

Last edited by BEE (May 11 2011 9:25:06 am)

#9 Before February 2015

jakery

BEE wrote:

How is cuteness not relevant?

Hell, I don't know. I'm neutral on gravedigging, as the whole issue is highly subjective: "Did the reply revive the topic? Is the topic still relevant for discussion?" Those points are usually debatable. :/

I don't moderate Off-Topic so I have no authority to unlock; I'm just curious: in your opinion, how does the forum benefit from that particular topic getting unlocked?

Last edited by jakery (May 11 2011 9:39:29 am)

#10 Before February 2015

BEE

It was already unlocked so now we are just talking about gravedigging in general.

And I already said how the forum benefits, cuteness prevails and more people's days are made better!

Basically, if the thread had remained locked, I would have recreated it myself and had a perfectly legitimate reason to do so: wanting to share cuteness with no other topic being available to post on regarding the subject.

I feel that if a topic can be recreated exactly as it was before, its better to bump up the old topic than create a new, duplicate one.

I would be okay with the red panda topic being locked if it were a duplicate or if there were an overall "Cuteness" thread, but there isnt, so I'm not.

#11 Before February 2015

BEE

Bumping this thread up to show another example of what I classify as the "gravedig rule problem"

Another example occoured here:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=139939#p139939
The post was relevant to the topic and not spam, yet the user banned and topic locked.

#12 Before February 2015

Hurricane

BEE wrote:

Bumping this thread up to show another example of what I classify as the "gravedig rule problem"

Another example occoured here:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=139939#p139939
The post was relevant to the topic and not spam, yet the user banned and topic locked.

I'm sure it was revealed that the ban was for multiple grave digs.

#13 Before February 2015

BEE

The thread was still locked and he got called out for gravedigging.

#14 Before February 2015

EDJ

But the rules are clear about gravedigging, it is permitted if it is an useful post. The question is if it is an useful post.

#15 Before February 2015

BEE

It *wasnt* spam. It *wasnt* a single line. It was *On Topic*. It *contributed* to the thread.

The rules don't say that thepost has to be useFUL just *not useless* with the example of "'c00l stUf lol!1" as the useless post.

His post was as follows: " I tried beta site and normal site, but I'm a facebook too, and it just doesn't show up anywhere. Even though the text says "click the hide button down there" (I'm too lazy to read what it actually says, but I'm sure I'm close) there is no button. I didn't know it had anything to do with my facebook account :] "

On a bug report thread. He was providing more information about the bug and bumping up the thread because it still has not been fixed.

Last edited by BEE (Jun 13 2011 9:17:22 am)

#16 Before February 2015

EDJ

Yes, I wouldn't warn him for this post.

EDIT: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=9669 it's better if we keep on one topic

BEE1423703215258217

Board footer