Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

"My friend is dead" Topics.

I think this should be against the rules.

Nobody wants to hear that your friend just died... It just sad.

MOST OF THEM are fake.

EDIT: Oops this belongs in the Forum discussion Place.   Move it pwetty pwease.

Last edited by Wolf exile1 (Aug 25 2011 10:53:34 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Re: "My friend is dead" Topics.

I think this is one of the worst topic ever made.

#3 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

What? I was only saying that alot of them are fake and we dont wanna know that everyone in someones family is "dead".

Great now imma get a ton of -rep -,-\

If you REALLY dont like it i can delete it okey? (--_--)

Last edited by Wolf exile1 (Aug 25 2011 11:07:29 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Echo!

This is kinda offensive..

But,I see where you are coming from..

#5 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

:/ Well i'm not trying to be offensive...

#6 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

I don't think most of them are fake. Why would someone be so cruel to do that?

#7 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

So people pay more attention? For some +rep?

#8 Before February 2015

Monstar43

As much as I agree with Gamer,I do see you're point. TRT's "death"does seem fake.(If we haven't already found out that it was.)
Ryan's "death"was a cruel hearted joke. I can see why you and others are becoming skeptic if someone posts "my friend/family member/dog/cat/died"threads. But even if someone posts something like that you can still be sincere about it since you can't say right away"UR A FAKER HURR DURR DURR".

#9 Before February 2015

EDJ

What monstar said, if you don't believe it don't post in those topics

_
Moved to FD

#10 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Dang, why didn't you eat it? I reported that tkhis topic was to eat...

#11 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I always call BS unless they can prove it. None seem to have been able to do that so far.
I somewhat want to make a joke topic saying my friend is dead with the punchline being that it's a zom.... hehehehe. I just got an idea. My best friend is being a zombie for Halloween.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Aug 25 2011 5:24:52 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#12 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Wolf exile1 wrote:

I think this should be against the rules.

Would be pretty pointless.

Wolf exile1 wrote:

Nobody wants to hear that your friend just died... It just sad.

Maybe they want closure or God forbid, people to pray for their dead friend.

Wolf exile1 wrote:

MOST OF THEM are fake.

That's a pretty bad assumption to make. Also,
>implying

#13 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

some of them are real, but we have no way of knowing which is real and which is fake. trt was an obvious fake, but some of the others are pretty believable. and even if there real, nobody wants to hear that. this is a happy forum. rant about your friends in the hospital on facebook.

#14 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Brawler700 wrote:

some of them are real, but we have no way of knowing which is real and which is fake. trt was an obvious fake, but some of the others are pretty believable. and even if there real, nobody wants to hear that. this is a happy forum. rant about your friends in the hospital on facebook.

Says the person who complains how his school sucks. Irony. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#15 Before February 2015

Bobyy

Lol Chewy. XD https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#16 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Not the time or place. You don't talk about things like that unless someone asks you, plain and simple. Not in real life, not on the internet.

The only exception would be someone that's close to your deceased friend, because it's something they would like to know.

We, however, could care less. It's the cold truth.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#17 Before February 2015

Koto

My dad dies 4 years ago today, just because I want to show that i miss means you think its FAKE and I'm a LIAR?

Gee, thanks alot >.>

#18 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

My dad dies 4 years ago today, just because I want to show that i miss means you think its FAKE and I'm a LIAR?

Gee, thanks alot >.>

Read the post above your's.

Well, that's my opinion anyway.

When you say "my dad died four years ago", the only thing you want is attention, not empathy. If you really miss him, you don't tell a bunch of random strangers through the internet. Talk to someone you know.

Last edited by Tako (Aug 28 2011 12:54:17 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Koto

SO now I'm an attention-seeking whiner, that just wants everyone to feel sorry for me?   No.   I tell people this because if I start getting angry, or start swearing (which I'm close to doing at this point) they don't just look at me like I'm some @-hole that likes to just put everyone down, but as someone whos going through alot of stress that day.   It's like coming on the forums and telling everyone that I broke my leg.   All I am is an attention-seeking **** because of this?   No, I'm not.   People don't come here to just talk about EE 24/7 or how great my day was.   Not everything that happens is positive, and people that try to ignore every little negative thing that happens to everyone is ignorant, and is in for alot when you go through something bad in your life, and no one gives a damn.   Maybe I have no one to talk to in real life about this?   You don't know, so stop saying that no-one cares about what happened in my life, because all your doing is causing problems, and making people feel bad about themselves.   I was someone who was bullied alot in middle school, so when you say that no-one really cares, it makes me feel bad, so you don't know what doing that can do to someone else.   People have killed themselves because of things like this.   Learn to have empathy, Tako.

/rant

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Aug 28 2011 10:23:02 am)

#20 Before February 2015

dol257

I agree with ozone and tako at the same time, if you just would give out a bit the world would be a way better place //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue and I do not think most of them are a fake, except for TRT because he has troll in his NAME!

#21 Before February 2015

Koto

I don't see how someone could lie about something like that.   It makes the rest of us who have actually lost something in our lives look like we are bad people who like to mess with peoples heads, and invoke certain emotions in people just for attention.   If I remember correctly, someone made a topic awhile back about how one of their classmates dies.   They got a topic with multiple pages, even an entire wide world, dedicated to the memory of this person that didn't even play ee.   All I do is put something saying that its the 4-year anniversary of my fathers death in my signature FOR A DAY, and I get told that all I want is attention and for people to feel bad for me.   People can be quite ignorant at times.

#22 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

SO now I'm an attention-seeking whiner, that just wants everyone to feel sorry for me?   No.   I tell people this because if I start getting angry, or start swearing (which I'm close to doing at this point) they don't just look at me like I'm some @-hole that likes to just put everyone down, but as someone whos going through alot of stress that day.   It's like coming on the forums and telling everyone that I broke my leg.   All I am is an attention-seeking **** because of this?   No, I'm not.   People don't come here to just talk about EE 24/7 or how great my day was.   Not everything that happens is positive, and people that try to ignore every little negative thing that happens to everyone is ignorant, and is in for alot when you go through something bad in your life, and no one gives a damn.   Maybe I have no one to talk to in real life about this?   You don't know, so stop saying that no-one cares about what happened in my life, because all your doing is causing problems, and making people feel bad about themselves.   I was someone who was bullied alot in middle school, so when you say that no-one really cares, it makes me feel bad, so you don't know what doing that can do to someone else.   People have killed themselves because of things like this.   Learn to have empathy, Tako.

/rant

Methinks you're over exaggerating.

1) We're random strangers
2) There's no proof
3) It's personal, not public information.
4) I know it's really sad, but why would we care?

None of us know your father, so it's the equivalent of a random stranger dying. We see random strangers die everywhere. On the news, in magazines, on the radio, in hospitals, occasionally in public. Did you know someone dies every three seconds? Death is a common part of life. It's all around us, everywhere you look. I have accepted this, and I'm sure you have as well. I don't freak out when a random stranger dies. I could honestly care less, because in no way am I effected by him or her.

5) If you want empathy, who do you talk to? Random strangers or someone you know?
6) If you want attention, who do you talk to? Random strangers or someone you know?

Stop jumping to conclusions. What I say is not set-in-stone fact. I even went out of my way to say "that's just my opinion". If you can't respect opinions or even address them in a dignified manner, why respond at all? I understand this is a touchy topic for you, because losing a loved one is a horrible experience, but please take your anger out on someone else.

Last edited by Tako (Aug 28 2011 1:02:01 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

Koto

I agree that we are indeed strangers, but does that mean that we shouldn't feel bad when something has happened to them?   ...and you want proof?   I did have an obituary posted here, but I don't want everyone know about what my parents did/do, because its not exactly something that's appropriate for all the young children that go on here.   Just because something happened in my life, doesn't mean I should keep it bottled up.   I should be able to share it with anyone I want without worrying about people getting hostile or calling me attention-seeking.   In fact, I didn't do all that much to "honor" is death here, I posted one sentence about it in my damn sig.   I would apologize and feel bad if you woke up and found your fathers body laying in his bed and had to call 911.   I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone saying anything like how you've been in this topic.   "We, however, could care less."   way to be sympathetic.   If you don't have anything good to say on the subject of someone dying, then don't say anything at all, because even to this day, it affects me in everything I do.   It affects the way I think.

Try saying that you don't care about the women that died because of Anthony Sowell, to the faces of the people in their families.   I'm not sure that that's what they will want to hear.   I like to come here in my free-time, so there's nothing stopping me from saying what I have to say.

TAkoman: If you do indeed require proof, then I will send you a link to his obituary.

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Aug 28 2011 2:12:36 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I agree that we are indeed strangers, but does that mean that we shouldn't feel bad when something has happened to them?

No, we shouldn't feel bad for other forum members to an extent, because it's their personal life and I want no part in it. Because it's personal.

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

...and you want proof?   I did have an obituary posted here, but I don't want everyone know about what my parents did/do, because its not exactly something that's appropriate for all the young children that go on here.

No, I don't want proof. I'm just saying the option is there for someone to lie.

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Just because something happened in my life, doesn't mean I should keep it bottled up.   I should be able to share it with anyone I want without worrying about people getting hostile or calling me attention-seeking.   In fact, I didn't do all that much to "honor" is death here, I posted one sentence about it in my damn sig.

We're talking about topics, not signatures. I have no problems with putting something in your signature, although the point still remains that it's your personal life, and I like to keep my boundaries.

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I would apologize and feel bad if you woke up and found your fathers body laying in his bed and had to call 911.   I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone saying anything like how you've been in this topic.

Let's not involve my personal life, because that's an entirely different story. And I am not obligated to mirror your feelings toward random strangers' deaths.

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

"We, however, could care less."   way to be sympathetic.   If you don't have anything good to say on the subject of someone dying, then don't say anything at all, because even to this day, it affects me in everything I do.   It affects the way I think.

I don't mean to be hostile or unsympathetic, it's just the cold truth. I explained why I don't care below that statement, did you read it?

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Try saying that you don't care about the women that died because of Anthony Sowell, to the faces of the people in their families.   I'm not sure that that's what they will want to hear.   I like to come here in my free-time, so there's nothing stopping me from saying what I have to say.

Yeah, you have free speech, but that's not what we're talking about now is it?

#25 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

I'm sorry about your dad's death, but the Internet is no place to share it unless you want to be trolled and and to be felt worse.

Sorry but, TakoMan02 has my vote.

Also, Yaaay(ish)! Debate time!

Last edited by Tachyonic (Aug 28 2011 5:07:58 pm)

Wolf exile1 1423705199256233

Board footer