Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Some ideas for the ban system

So, most people know I was banned. But why?

1. Grammar. My ban message was "flaming one day ban". Really.      A person who doesn't know grammar wrote: "plzfixurgrammar"
2. Stop "lying". "one day ban". I could not get on the forum on Wednesday and Thursday. That seems like 2 days, and considering I know math (see my username), its probably right. Now explain how "one day ban"=cannot visit forum for 2 days.
3. Where the explaination did I get warned?
A better ban would be:
*user1 gets banned on 9/1*
<The ban would end at the end of 9/1, or if it was almost the end of the day, it would end on 9/2. This is a better "2 day ban".>
The ban message would say something like this:
Due to your triple post here, you have been warned and banned for one day. Please read the rules.

The rules would not get blocked by the ban.

If the ban was for a message or rep, the message would display the message or rep. Example:
Due to your flaming in a PM, you have been warned and banned for 1 day. Please read the rules.
Your PM:

Your stupid, and get out of my threads.

Now before you troll me, the above was just an example.

So assuming my ban was for a PM (just an example, I don't really know), this is what a better ban message would be:
Due to your flaming in a PM, you have been warned and banned for 1 day. Please read the rules.
Your PM:

<PM>

And the ban would end at the end of the day.

---Some more things---
Where was I warned?

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 27 2011 9:38:35 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Re: Some ideas for the ban system

Dude, stop complaining. Be grateful you aren't perma-banned

#3 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Well, most people want to know WHY they are banned. If you registered on one of my forums and I pseudo-randomly banned you, wouldn't you want to know why?

#4 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

They can simply log out, be a guest, and look at the reasons why they were banned from the moderator, or look at their own posts and see what they did to get themselves banned by using common sense.

Last edited by Garfield2436 (Dec 16 2011 8:12:16 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Bot: INCORRECT
Bot: Calculusguy looked at ALL his recent posts, and couldn't find the post he was warned for.
Bot: Do you like me, the "bot"? (im not real, its just calculusguy typing Bot: before every line)

Lol? But really, I looked at ALL my recent posts, and couldn't find the post I was warned for.

#6 Before February 2015

Shift

calculusguy wrote:

So, most people know I was banned.

You give yourself way too much credit.

calculusguy wrote:

1. Grammar. My ban message was "flaming one day ban". Really.      A noob wrote: "plzfixurgrammar"

A noob thought: omgmodsrabusingmeh.

calculusguy wrote:

2. Stop "lying". "one day ban". I could not get on the forum on Wednesday and Thursday. That seems like 2 days, and considering I know math (see my username), its probably right. Now explain how "one day ban"=cannot visit forum for 2 days.

Ever consider the possibility that it was actually a one day ban? You know, that last for 24 hours? 24 hours tend to overlap two different days.

calculusguy wrote:

A better ban would be:
<The ban would end at the end of 9/1, or if it was almost the end of the day, it would end on 9/2. This is a better "2 day ban".>
Due to your triple post here, you have been warned and banned for one day. Please read the rules.

calculusguy wrote:

If the ban was for a message or rep, the message would display the message or rep. Example:
Your PM:

Your a noob, and get out of my threads.

So assuming my ban was for a PM (just an example, I don't really know), this is what a better ban message would be:
Your PM:

<PM>

Yes, a "better ban" would look something like that, but it's unnecessary.

calculusguy wrote:

If you need to check the rules while you're banned, then log out.

calculusguy wrote:

Where was I warned?

Oh, sure, I'll just go find it for you.

You need to stop complaining, already. You brought all this trouble on yourself, and creating this thread isn't going to gain you any favor.

#7 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

*Imaginary +rep*
I love you and your ideas.

Keep winning.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#8 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

...Why do you always make these complaint topics when you can just move on. It's the internet.
And why do they all contain the word "noob"...

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Dec 16 2011 9:55:07 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

WELL_

I told you guys, this guy has huge potential! keep going calculusguy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile looking forward to your next thread/post/topic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I really enjoy them.

oh right and I dont agree with that.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If you can't take the heat get off the forums, I guess.

@the 2day ban:
The forum thought it was a 1 day ban. It doesn't measure elapsed time, it measures the current time. You got banned early (by the forum's own time) on day one, and you were supposed to be unbanned the next day. So you stay banned because you got banned Wednesday, and unbanned Thursday at midnight. That's the absolute smallest ban you can get without us unbanning you manually. The forum doesn't do partial day bans.

@where:
I'll go look for where you were banned, but not very hard. I have things to do.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

You need to stop complaining. It's idiotic, annoying and overall makes no sense whatsoever. You are causing all this trouble for what? To try and prove a point that is incorrect? You seriously need to get a hold of yourself. Your whining is pathetic and annoying beyond belief. I would highly suggest you stop and move on. It's the internet for god's sake. So just please stop. Get it together, and overall leave for a while and come back when you matured more.

#12 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Shift wrote:
calculusguy wrote:

Well, its basicly under my username.

calculusguy wrote:

1. Grammar. My ban message was "flaming one day ban". Really.      A noob wrote: "plzfixurgrammar"

A noob didn't think that. Thats isn't a valid "noob sentence".

calculusguy wrote:

Ever consider the possibility that it was actually a one day ban? You know, that last for 24 hours? 24 hours tend to overlap two different days.
Yes, I checked in the morning. Banned. All the way to friday morning, I was banned. 3-1=2.

calculusguy wrote:

A better ban would be:

calculusguy wrote:

Your PM:

Your a noob, and get out of my threads.

Your PM:

<PM>

Actually, its not. "Most people would want to know why they are banned."

calculusguy wrote:

You think noobs will actually want to log out? Noobs=lazy (thats why they make stairs).

calculusguy wrote:

Where was I warned?

You think you can find it when I can't find it?
You need to stop complaining, already. You brought all this trouble on yourself, and creating this thread isn't going to gain you any favor.
Yes, you need to stop complaining. Its IDEAS for the ban system, not "rant about my ban".

My messages were in italic.

JadElClemens wrote:

*Imaginary +rep*
I love you and your ideas.

Keep winning.

Thanks.

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

...Why do you always make these complaint topics when you can just move on. It's the internet.
And why do they all contain the word "noob"...

1. Its not a complaint. "(Or: Some ideas for the ban system)"
2. They don't always contain "noob". Its just what I call people who, well, are not "pro".

WELL_ wrote:

I told you guys, this guy has huge potential! keep going calculusguy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile looking forward to your next thread/post/topic //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I really enjoy them.

oh right and I dont agree with that.

You know what? Just stop "spamming" my threads.

Different55 wrote:

If you can't take the heat get off the forums, I guess.

@the 2day ban:
The forum thought it was a 1 day ban. It doesn't measure elapsed time, it measures the current time. You got banned early (by the forum's own time) on day one, and you were supposed to be unbanned the next day. So you stay banned because you got banned Wednesday, and unbanned Thursday at midnight. That's the absolute smallest ban you can get without us unbanning you manually. The forum doesn't do partial day bans.

@where:
I'll go look for where you were banned, but not very hard. I have things to do.

@@the "2day" ban
Well, couldn't you say in the rules that "3 warns=2 day ban"?
@@where
If you do, tell me.

Kingpooultra wrote:

You need to stop complaining. It's idiotic, annoying and overall makes no sense whatsoever. You are causing all this trouble for what? To try and prove a point that is incorrect? You seriously need to get a hold of yourself. Your whining is pathetic and annoying beyond belief. I would highly suggest you stop and move on. It's the internet for god's sake. So just please stop. Get it together, and overall leave for a while and come back when you matured more.

And guess what? You can't even read! "(Or: Some ideas for the ban system)". They're IDEAS, not complaints. All you are doing is complaining about my ideas.

Last edited by calculusguy (Dec 17 2011 8:20:31 am)

#13 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I agree with about 99% of what Shift, Different55, and Kingpooultra said.
I was dared to do what follows
YOU SHOULD GET BANNED.   (at least until you mature) Warned by Bass5098

Last edited by bass5098 (Dec 19 2011 7:48:36 pm)

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#14 Before February 2015

Cyral

I see why you were banned, You always complain when things never go you way, and try to start arguments, You go crazy over rep and such that dosent even matter

Stop Complaining

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#15 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

But this topic is not a complaint. Its just suggestions.

#16 Before February 2015

calculusguy

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

YOU SHOULD GET BANNED.   (at least until you mature)

Isn't this flaming?

EE Beast wrote:

I see why you were banned, You always complain when things never go you way, and try to start arguments, You go crazy over rep and such that dosent even matter

Stop Complaining

This:

Lopoi2 wrote:

#17 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

calculusguy wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

YOU SHOULD GET BANNED.   (at least until you mature)

Isn't this flaming?

Absolutely not. He's saying what Mods/Admins should do about you. He was also agreeing with our opinions. FYI.

Flaming. Learn it.

calculusguy wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

Stop Complaining

This:

Lopoi2 wrote:

It is a complaint. You're just hiding it.

Last edited by Kingpooultra (Dec 17 2011 10:34:39 am)

#18 Before February 2015

calculusguy

A complaint would be something like this: "I hate the ban system, its annoying and bans the wrong people". I did not say anything like that.

#19 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

calculusguy wrote:

A complaint would be something like this: "I hate the ban system, its annoying and bans the wrong people". I did not say anything like that.

Yes you did. Check your first post message again. See the signs of complaints? I do.

#20 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

calculusguy. I will underline the key word that this is a complaint topic.

What the noob?! (Or: Some ideas for the ban system)

#21 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Lopoi2 wrote:

Then why did lopoi say that it isn't?

#22 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

Because I think it is an suggestion.

Last edited by Lopoi2 (Dec 17 2011 2:50:29 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Lopoi2 wrote:

Because I think it is an suggestion.

Because it IS a suggestion.
But really, the thread is for things bans could improve on.

#24 Before February 2015

Shift

calculusguy wrote:
Shift wrote:
calculusguy wrote:

I assume you mean rep? You know, that imaginary little thing that shows noobs you're one of them?

calculusguy wrote:

<snip>

A noob didn't think that. Thats isn't a valid "noob sentence".
Clever. Especially when you wrote "Thats is" in order to degrade my point. Nice job there.

calculusguy wrote:

<snip>

Yes, I checked in the morning. Banned. All the way to friday morning, I was banned. 3-1=2.
You said you couldn't get on on Wednesday or Thursday. Perhaps you got banned Wednesday afternoon, checked soon after, again on Thursday morning, and then found you were unbanned Friday morning? Anyway, this a stupid point to argue about.

calculusguy wrote:

<snip>

Actually, its not. "Most people would want to know why they are banned."
Does that make it necessary? No, it doesn't.

calculusguy wrote:

<snip>

You think noobs will actually want to log out? Noobs=lazy (thats why they make stairs).
You think noobs will actually want to read the rules?And, well, that explains why you only took the time to italicize your responses inside of my quote. I only underlined mine in order to accentuate that point.

calculusguy wrote:

Where was I warned?

You think you can find it when I can't find it?
You think I wasn't being sarcastic? That's cute.
Yes, you need to stop complaining. Its IDEAS for the ban system, not "rant about my ban".
It looks an awful lot like a rant to me, but I'll give you some credit- you did manage to add a few suggestions to the mix.

My messages were underlined.

#25 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Shift wrote:
calculusguy wrote:

I assume you mean rep? You know, that imaginary little thing that shows noobs you're one of them?

To be fair, I think that he meant that his title changed to Banned.

Here's the OP, with all complaints removed and fixed for clarity:

A better ban would be:

Due to your flaming in a -rep, you have been warned and banned for 1 day. Please read the rules.
The rep you gave:

blahblahnoobblahblah

Or, if Person A gets warned for a PM, this is what a better ban message would be:
Your PM:

blahblahyousuckblahblah

And the ban would end at the end of the day.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

calculusguy 1423707760253672

Board footer