Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Ignia

Gravedigging

Not so long ago, IIRC a mod on this forum changed the rule about gravedigging. Gravedigging is allowed as long as it's on-topic, otherwise a warning.
Is that true? I'm seeing the newmods giving warning for those who dig up old topics.
Please be specific about this.

Last edited by Ignia (Feb 23 2012 5:53:48 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Gravedigging

Gravedigging with a useless post is not okay.
Gravedigging with an on-topic, very good post that justifies gravedigging is okay.
Double posting is only if you are updating a thread or something and have a valid reason for it, or need extra space for a post that has more than ~66000 characters. (No one's actually hit that limit, I don't think, considering I didn't even realize we had a limit until I tried to post something I copied that took up three posts on another forum)
And Double Posting with a Grave dig is allowed if you're updating a thread with valid information.

At least, that's how I see the rules.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 Before February 2015

Bash

The Rules wrote:

C. No multiple posting, use the edit button. It is acceptable to double post if you're adding new content later, like reviving an old thread because your level/graphics/whatever has been updated and such. It is also okay to 'bump' a thread that no one has responded to for some time.

On-topic posts usually fall under the "new content later" section.

Can you provide any specific examples of this happening recently?

Zoey2070 wrote:

Gravedigging with a useless post is not okay.
Gravedigging with an on-topic, very good post that justifies gravedigging is okay.
Double posting is only if you are updating a thread or something and have a valid reason for it, or need extra space for a post that has more than ~66000 characters. (No one's actually hit that limit, I don't think, considering I didn't even realize we had a limit until I tried to post something I copied that took up three posts on another forum)
And Double Posting with a Grave dig is allowed if you're updating a thread with valid information.

At least, that's how I see the rules.

This sums up how we look at it pretty well.

#4 Before February 2015

Ignia

Zoey2070 wrote:

Ignia wrote:

I'm seeing the newmods giving warning for those who dig up old topics.

Here's an example of someone who got warned for an on-topic post

As you can see, Denteza is no where off-topic. His post is directly connected to the thread.

TakoMan02 wrote:

...don't dig up a topic unless you have something useful to share.

Denteza claims himself winning the level. Isn't that what the 'Rooms' section is about? Or does that rule only contain in that one section?

Ignia 1423708453252979

Board footer