Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Reputable members

I saw Orton using my general introduction post (I'm glad someone gets use out of it) and was reminded about my suggestions for reputable members to have their own group.

I think this is a good idea. Why not distinguish people that have been here for a while and have generally good behavior?

A couple things to not discuss:
Number of warnings - A great number of people that I would consider for the reputable members category have a few to a lot of warnings. (EDIT:I'm aware that you can't see the actual number of warnings, but you can obviously look into topics and see when a user's been given a warning and count it up if you're that dedicated.)
Rep or post count - tl;dr (tl;dr referring to the long, invisible paragraph that you can't see because only pr0s can see it) doesn't matter

Thoughts? Suggestions? Cheese wheels?

Last edited by JadElClemens (Aug 9 2012 3:55:30 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: Reputable members

Cheese wheels are delicious. I want some cheese. I have some cheddar broccoli noodles on the stove, but I added a cup too much milk. And that's not real cheese. But I put some shredded cheese on it so it's good.

The problem is, 'reputable' is a bit subjective. Also, with post count, sometimes it does matter because you really can't judge how 'reputable' someone is who has less than... let's say, 300 or 500 posts. Plus, what would be the purpose of distinguishing them? Give them a nice colored name and bragging rights, a reason to feel slightly more superior than others?
(Also, when I think 'distinguish' 'group' and 'colored name,' a light blue comes to mind. Sort of pastelly. like this. xxx
I guess it could be a potentially good idea.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#3 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Well, I mean, for guidance I suppose. Listen to these people, not those complete nubs with the normal blue usernames.

The difference is that those who have been here longer will likely know more of the "tips and tricks". Not actual tricks, per se, but things that you should know and do that aren't in the rules.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#4 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I vote for Zoey2070. But only if she gets a haircut. :3

#5 Before February 2015

Muffy

So what, more experienced forumers get their name changed to a color?

#6 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Muffinator99 wrote:

So what, more experienced forumers get their name changed to a color?

That's sort of what I was thinking.

#7 Before February 2015

Muffy

Well we should vote for a color. Maybe a blue, but not as light as Zoey's. We could ask the whole community or, choose people from the more experienced people. Maybe me? : P

Edit1:Maybe this color
Edit2:I realized our names were already blue.
Edit3:Maybe this color
Edit4:Wait, that's too dark. How about tomato or magenta

Last edited by Muffinator99 (Aug 9 2012 11:37:47 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

How about a small rectangular image created by the user to replace where the person's username would be. If there is nothing there to identify the user, then it can be taken down and they would be told to do it again.

Though they could easily ask another person to make them an image, which is a bonus.

I've had a look in paint and I believe that the dimensions should be (approximately) 150px x 25px

They may put an image in there if they wish to, as long as there is at least some text that correctly identifies that person's username.

Last edited by Tachyonic (Aug 10 2012 2:21:13 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Muffy

GadgetGeek wrote:

How about a small rectangular image created by the user to replace where the person's username would be. If there is nothing there to identify the user, then it can be taken down and they would be told to do it again.

Though they could easily ask another person to make them an image, which is a bonus.

I've had a look in paint and I believe that the dimensions should be (approximately) 150px x 25px

They may put an image in there if they wish to, as long as there is at least some text that correctly identifies that person's username.

So basically a sig thats 150px x 25px?

I mean thats what the sig is for, your name in a different form.

Its easier if you just change the color of the username. Or atleast for my old forum, when i was an admin, just a buon or two away from changing the color of a rank.

#10 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Muffy wrote:

Well we should vote for a color. Maybe a blue, but not as light as Zoey's. We could ask the whole community or, choose people from the more experienced people. Maybe me? : P

Edit1:Maybe this color
Edit2:I realized our names were already blue.
Edit3:Maybe this color
Edit4:Wait, that's too dark. How about tomato or magenta

I've always thought of blueviolet as a nice, distinguishing color.

#11 Before February 2015

Bimps

Why? I bet I won't be included >:| . But if it's for all users, I agree arceus.
EDIT: OFF-TOPIC: 1600th post!

Last edited by Bimps (Aug 10 2012 7:18:56 am)

#12 Before February 2015

Saintcool

So one would reform into a distinguished reputable forum member by exceeding in such demesnes as what might one inquire? The possibility of this modus operandi fills me with exhilaration and would be inclined towards participating in such a consequential accommodation.

#13 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Saintcool wrote:

So one would reform into a distinguished reputable forum member by exceeding in such demesnes as what might one inquire? The possibility of this modus operandi fills me with exhilaration and would be inclined towards participating in such a consequential accommodation.

I understand that as well, I just shouldn't + rep you like I always do when saying stuff like that.

#14 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Good to see I've inspired something.

The colors white and this red come to mind.

If I were to make this list, I would include myself, Zoey2070, Wolf exile1, Muffy, Aslai, KRAZYMAN50, Brawler700, D-rock2308, Chimi, Cola1, Bobithan, GadgetGeek, et cetera.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Arceus64

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

If I were to make this list, I would include myself, Zoey2070, Wolf exile1, Muffy, Aslai, KRAZYMAN50, Brawler700, D-rock2308, Chimi, Cola1, Bobithan, GadgetGeek, et cetera.

I agree, everyone except Arceus64, that little ****...

Last edited by Arceus64 (Aug 10 2012 9:26:40 am)

#16 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I'd love to have a custom title, but I doubt that will ever happen :<

I like the colors 32 suggested.

aka towwl

#17 Before February 2015

Muffy

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

Aww...im written in the list : P

But maybe the color should be alittle brighter, so its noticed, like the Gold, and Green.

#18 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I think another version of blue would be best, as while they become distinguished, they do not have any special powers. This way it would be a special member as opposed to a completely different ranking, like how moderators have a green name and administrators have a gold name.

My choices would be a light blue like Zoey2070 said, or a dark blue or dark purple like Arceus64 said.

#19 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Arceus64 wrote:

I've always thought of blueviolet as a nice, distinguishing color.

That's a great color, I'd vote for that if this was a thing.

Saintcool wrote:

Sounds like somebody let a thesaurus throw up all over his post.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#20 Before February 2015

STD
Formerly BenWanted

I would also love to have a custom title.

EDIT: I think I would wanna be on the list too.

Last edited by BenW (Aug 10 2012 3:50:10 pm)

random-pictures-316.jpg

#21 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Chewy wrote:

I vote for Zoey2070. But only if she gets a haircut. :3

Aw hell naw. I'll do that when someone either pays me a nice amount (like $100 or something. People actually do sell their hair, and I have some prime hair right here. Virgin. Not that way. As in, not heat-styled or dyed or anything), or when my school dress code allows me to have an absurdly bright red hair color (Manic Panic or Special Effects), both of which are unlikely to happen. I'll pass if this is the case.
Anyway, I think we should have a light color since the forums have a dark color scheme, and blue would match the accent colors, or maybe a teal would be good too. How about #7FFFD4?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#22 Before February 2015

Muffy

Where the hells is Alex and Rurigok in this convo?

And you have a choice of getting a custom title, get a sh** load of posts.

I still vote for magenta

#23 Before February 2015

STD
Formerly BenWanted

Muffy wrote:

Where the hells is Alex and Rurigok in this convo?

And you have a choice of getting a custom title, get a sh** load of posts.

I still vote for magenta

I also vote for magneta

random-pictures-316.jpg

#24 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Magenta isn't horrible.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#25 Before February 2015

STD
Formerly BenWanted