Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Bimps

The Introductions forum

Does anyone use that anymore?

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: The Introductions forum

Not really, and I really don't see a huge point in having it around, but it's a good place for new users to start out.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Bimps

That's literally the forum that I never see, I forgot it even existed

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I used it when I first started in January February dear goodness I'm stupid, and I'm literally on page 5. Almost no one uses it anymore.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Dec 30 2012 4:57:56 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

Koto

How about when a new user signs up, it takes them directly to that forum?   That way, people might start using it more.

#6 Before February 2015

Arceus64

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

How about when a new user signs up, it takes them directly to that forum?   That way, people might start using it more.

The Introductions forum will be spam-bots galore.

#7 Before February 2015

Koto

Arceus64 wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Hey - it's better than all the spam bots going to the general discussion, like they are.

#8 Before February 2015

Arceus64

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:

Hey - it's better than all the spam bots going to the general discussion, like they are.

I have a feeling they'd go all over the forum anyway.

Maybe the moderators should have the new users make sample posts when they register so they could review it themselves. That way we could stop spammers before they even reach the subforums.

#9 Before February 2015

skullz17

Arceus64 wrote:
KingOfTheOzone wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:

I have a feeling they'd go all over the forum anyway.

Maybe the moderators should have the new users make sample posts when they register so they could review it themselves. That way we could stop spammers before they even reach the subforums.

Yeah but then imagine the amounts of posts that moderators would have to go through. If you've gone to the last page on 'Users' (sorted by register date) then you'll see how many people register in one day.

Also a bot can easily have a command to make a nice first post but then the rest spam. Or the user can make an account, make a sample post and then turn the account into a bot. If that's possible.

And doesn't the forum have a captcha when you register? If it doesn't then it needs one to prevent bots. If it does then it needs to be more secure.

Last edited by skullz16 (Jan 17 2013 12:36:45 pm)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Bimps1423711323250109

Board footer