Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

So, uh..

I think the max avatar size should be bumped up.   90x90 is pretty small.   I had to do a lot of editing to get my avatar under the small 90x90 limit, which is surprising because.. well, look at it.   It should be 150x150, or maybe even 200x200.   Any larger should be resized to the max.   If we can have taller signatures than 90 pixels, then we should be able to have bigger avatars as they wouldn't stretch the post out like how sigs do.

And for Inbox,   I'm near full and it's such a slow process going through messages I want to delete.   It takes 15 or so seconds per message.   So, I think it should be allowed for us to have more inbox space, or make it easier to go through and delete.   I also think replying should always quote the person you're replying to, so when you have 10 or so messages of the same topic, you know to delete all but the most recent one.   As it is now, it's just a major inconvenience.

Avatar change would be an easy fix, but I don't know about inbox.   I've seen a better inbox system on free forums so.. I think it should be do-able.

#2 Before February 2015

Lashkar

Re: Avatar Size and Inbox Space

I would believe it would be untidy if we had bigger avatars.
As for your inbox suggestion. The capitally of the inbox as already been increased some time last year, or maybe it was 2011. Here's a tip. Go to the pagination options, that's in Profile>Display, then set it to 75 each. Then go to your inbox, now you will have the have simple job of multi ticking each box, then pressing delete.

#3 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Well, look at our avatars.   They're about 90 pixels wide.   making them 150 wide, not even double, would fill in a lot of that black space.   Without a signature, it would stretch your post down slightly, but with a signature, it wouldn't change much.

And as for inbox, there are some messages I want to keep, but I have to check through all of them to see what they are.   It would be so much easier if PMs worked like Private Threads or something instead.

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I'm a PM hoarder, and I really just want a 'delete all' button so I don't have to feel guilty getting rid of all my PMs.

#5 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Thing that annoys me is the 20 mb size for avatars, thats like what 8 frames?

#6 Before February 2015

Bash

Mods have more inbox space, so I'm not sure what regular get.   Last I heard it was around 100 messages, and I can't really judge if that is enough for regular users because I get a ton of PMs as a mod.

As for the avatars, I haven't seen much consistency anywhere I go.   An old forum I used to go on had a limit of 100px, which was perfectly fine for an avatar.   They also had a limit of 25MB, and very rarely did I see people complaining about that.   A decent animated image can fit into 25MB without issue.   100px worked fine for that place, and they had a similar post to mini profile (that thing on the left of this post) ratio as here.   200px is a bit much, and 150px may even be pushing it for here.

And not all forum systems are the same, so whether or not changing some of these things will be easy shouldn't be gauged based on other places you have been.   FluxBB had some horrible ways of doing things.

#7 Before February 2015

krubby

Regular members have exactly 100 messages of space.

#8 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

150x150 wouldn't be too big I think.   The cyan box is 150x and the green box is the current max of 90x.

#9 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I find it funny how you can only hold 20 while everybody thinks it's 100. A bigger avatar max would be much better, the EE Token in my avatar wouldn't be so blurry.

#10 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:

I find it funny how you can only hold 20 while everybody thinks it's 100. A bigger avatar max would be much better, the EE Token in my avatar wouldn't be so blurry.

But... it is 20. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Anyway, in my experience foruming 90x90 for avatars is pretty nice. A lot of forums don't even allow animated gifs. Anything above 100x100 imo gets distracting from actual posts.

#11 Before February 2015

Shift

I think any bigger would be an eyesore, especially for animated ones.

Since we're on the topic, I also think the maximum size for sigs should be decreased. There's no need to fill up a third of my screen with pokemon art, thank you.

#12 Before February 2015

Arceus64

@kirbyfan

What do you mean 20? Inbox space? Or total PM space?

I can hold 100 in total, I'm not quit sure what you're talking about.
@shift Who is that directed to? Me? Or no one in particular?

Last edited by Arceus64 (Feb 1 2013 1:58:22 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Shift wrote:

I think any bigger would be an eyesore, especially for animated ones.

Since we're on the topic, I also think the maximum size for sigs should be decreased. There's no need to fill up a third of my screen with pokemon art, thank you.

My 1280x1024 monitor would laugh at a 900 height but it broke.   Also yeah Pokemon sucks.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#14 Before February 2015

HappyKat

I just want to say, besides EE forums, every site I go on icons are either 64x64, or 50x50.

90x90 is big for an icon in my opinion, it should be more than enough space to make a simple animated .gif.

#15 Before February 2015

Shift

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:

My 1280x1024 monitor would laugh at a 900 height but it broke.   Also yeah Pokemon sucks.

If you want to get technical, then it's 29.296875% of my monitor, but which was easier to say?

I just feel ridiculous when someone comes by and sees me staring at what's apparently a giant Japanese monster.

Arceus64 wrote:

Who is that directed to? Me? Or no one in particular?

<.<

>.>

Not just pokemon...

#16 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Firstly, members have a combined 100 message inbox/sent limit, which used to be lower in the past. An increased limit may be considered, but do not consider it very likely.

Secondly, the maximum avatar size will not be changed. 90 x 90px is perfectly fine, and avatar size is a non-issue.

Lastly, I have considered before bringing the maximum height of signatures down to 200px, but I doubt this will happen anytime soon, if at all.

#17 Before February 2015

skullz17

The avatar size is fine.

The inbox size is okay too but I would like it if we could tick messages to delete multiple ones at once.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You can. There's a link below the list of messages that says Delete Multiple Messages

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#19 Before February 2015

MrScaniaV8Super

Avatar size is perfect! 200x200 would be way too much.

#20 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Rurigok wrote:

Lastly, I have considered before bringing the maximum height of signatures down to 200px, but I doubt this will happen anytime soon, if at all.

But my buttons would have to become text!   That just ain't cool.
EDIT: Also it would end up being more characters and as it is I only have one left.

Last edited by 32OrtonEdge32dh (Feb 7 2013 7:33:59 pm)

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#21 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Finally. Proof. I can only hold 20 17 messages. For some reason, everybody thinks it's 100 messages. Proof time!
Here you go.
I used to think it was 20, but it's 17, actually.
EDIT
Actually, a moderator may havechanged it to 16 a few seconds after I deleted a message.

Last edited by N1KF (Feb 7 2013 8:30:23 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:

Finally. Proof. I can only hold 20 17 messages. For some reason, everybody thinks it's 100 messages. Proof time!
Here you go.
I used to think it was 20, but it's 17, actually.
EDIT
Actually, a moderator may havechanged it to 16 a few seconds after I deleted a message.

Sent and inbox hold a combined 100 messages. If you only have 16 messages in your inbox, you have 84 messages in your 'Sent' column. Just delete those.

That's your answer.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Feb 7 2013 8:38:07 pm)

AzurePudding 1423711452249980

Board footer