Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

abcdfgtt

Moderators,

Dear Moderators,

You may delete this user. I'm making this topic to release   my real user[abcdfgt] from being   a permaBan. First of all, I didn't get 6 warnings to be permaban. Second, If you think OuTsmoked is being spammed via PM by me, NO. Read the thread in Group Section named "Axis Crew", he knew or read all my PMs and he didn't resist or even report me. I think you call it spam via PM because he [outsmoke] didn't reply. That's all.

Member of this Forum,
                                                                                                                                                  -abcdfgt

Yea, I read the rules "Do not use proxy or try evade the ban" but this action of being banned is careless or just make a user be banned without thinking.

but before deleting this user, Please Reply to this Thread.

#2 Before February 2015

Chimi

Re: Moderators,

^ I think he should be given a chance to pick ONE account; on the condition that he does not / did not spam anyone.

Chimi's thoughts
with Chimi
<3

#3 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

If this is the real reason, then I ponder if/why the Moderators are reading others private messages.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#4 Before February 2015

abcdfgtt

^ I was thinking of legit reason why Moderators are reading others PMs and then call it Spam?

6HWHDhK.png ^ this what I got.

Last edited by abcdfgtt (May 9 2013 12:17:51 am)

#5 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Mods can see our private messages? :/

That's not very private...

#6 Before February 2015

Krock

therer's a report button to send it to a mod, i think that's the reason why the mods read some PM's

#7 Before February 2015

ECC

Moderators can see personal messages sent though the forum, its a feature packed with this service and is designed to allow staff members the ability to insure harassment and similar cases are taken care of responsibly

#8 Before February 2015

abcdfgtt

^ but still Private is Private....
       If I was reported by Outsmoke as SPAM the reason will be "Permaban via PM, reported by OutSmoke.

Also no action of spamming intended. I'm not a kid who just didn't read the rules and also not to be "yea-lets-spam-this-guy" person.

Last edited by abcdfgtt (May 9 2013 3:13:11 am)

#9 Before February 2015

ECC

As a staff member of various sites, I find full access to anything on the server useful in insuring the safety of my 13yo users as well as my financials(I could get in trouble if someone starts something and I do nothing about it even though I am capable). Its not privacy, its protecting my political arce. And thats one of the driving logics behind the lack of privacy in a PM. To protect the community as a whole. but this is not what the debate is for, so I part.

#10 Before February 2015

ionvop

Can I talk to MrShoe in private if he comes. Message: You have to go to my topic or else. Website: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=456121#p456121

Last edited by ionvop (May 9 2013 4:54:55 am)

#11 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

1: That has NOTHING to do with this topic
2: He doesn't do anything to this forum because he is stupid not a forum mod or admin. Just a troll.

BTW, still no mod comes to check? VNrAE.png

#12 Before February 2015

abcdfgtt

@ionvop, You have nothing to do in this topic.

That ionvop's reply is an example of SPAM atleast it's public not Private.

Last edited by abcdfgtt (May 9 2013 7:52:28 am)

#13 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I'm quite sure I heard a long time ago that private messages ARE private and cannot be read by moderators at all. Not sure if you checked, Krock, but there is no 'Report' button for PM's. Someone was obviously lying to the moderators.

#14 Before February 2015

Krock

oh, then I was wrong...I really thought there's a report button :L0L:
Maybe was this just a false alert

#15 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Im just gonna say,

I personally think the mods are getting out of control on this forum. Its like a dictatorship. We didn't elect them, but yet they still sometimes randomly ban some people. I feel like honestly no-one gives a crap about the forums anymore, and perhaps rightfully so. I understand some basic guildlines to keep people civil, but in my humble opinion, this is getting out of control. It seems that more people are getting banned than not O.O

#16 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

And yeah, i just double posted, so what.

#17 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Moderators cannot read PMs. Only admins can, and there are no active admins atm.

A moderator should not ban someone without solid evidence.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#18 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I purposely said should not because I don't know that one didn't already.

He's sorta active.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#19 Before February 2015

Bash

?tilla wrote:

If this is the real reason, then I ponder if/why the Moderators are reading others private messages.

To clear this up...

It was most likely* reported to a moderator by a user that they were spamming.   Neither mods nor admins (except for Cyclone, through the DB) can read private messages.   Users can report private messages by forwarding them to moderators with an explanation.   This is standard, though usually incidences of spam require it to be painfully obvious and in an unreasonable quantity.

abcdfgtt wrote:

If I was reported by Outsmoke as SPAM the reason will be "Permaban via PM, reported by OutSmoke.

Contrary to popular belief, we like to ensure to privacy of those who make valid reports.   Stating who reported the user would break this idea of privacy, and I would not support it.

ABC Boy wrote:

BTW, still no mod comes to check? VNrAE.png

We too have real lives, and cannot be on the forums 24/7.

I repeat, neither mods nor admins can read private messages, so they must be forwarded to be reported.   Do you honestly think someone would want to sift through private messages?   That'd be a boring job.

* - I did not handle this, so I can only guess.

#20 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Moved to Forum Discussion.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#21 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Pyromaniac wrote:

Im just gonna say,

I personally think the mods are getting out of control on this forum. Its like a dictatorship. We didn't elect them, but yet they still sometimes randomly ban some people. I feel like honestly no-one gives a crap about the forums anymore, and perhaps rightfully so. I understand some basic guildlines to keep people civil, but in my humble opinion, this is getting out of control. It seems that more people are getting banned than not O.O

We have a total of 3 active mods. I'm not even one of them. Instead of throwing around vague comments about the unjustness of bans, point out why a ban is unjust. A lot of bans equals a lot of irresponsible users, not a bunch of power-hungry forum mods.

#22 Before February 2015

Deetz

3 active mods is not enough imo. I think we do need a new mod.

#23 Before February 2015

abcdfgtt

First of all, I didn't get any 6 warnings

If you say that you should not ban someone without a solid evidence? so where are my 6 warnings [or Solid Evidence].

"Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message", I know I sent 3 messages in a row but different Time and Day and different contents of each messages.

~Still waiting for the Clear and Accurate Decision.

Last edited by abcdfgtt (May 9 2013 7:55:43 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

Deetz

Those mods are probably having a discussion in their secret mod section about this as we speak.

#25 Before February 2015

supadorf24

abcdfgtt wrote:

First of all, I didn't get any 6 warnings

If you say that you should not ban someone without a solid evidence? so where are my 6 warnings [or Solid Evidence].

"Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message", I know I sent 3 messages in a row but different Time and Day and different contents of each messages.

~Still waiting for the Clear and Accurate Decision.

Your account had 4 warnings, but the reason for the perma-ban is because you messaged an admin with an advertisement. I'm sure you know who it is. You'll have to take it up with him through PM's. A forum thread is not the appropriate way to appeal a ban.

abcdfgtt 1423711860249572

Board footer