Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Sensei1

Do you guys care about your rep or post count?

So are those just random numbers to you, or do you actually care about those?
Also are you like me, that you get shocked if you get a -rep? I actually belive I'm the only one who kinda gets sad when I get -reps, but I don't know //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
And I want my post count to be small. Am I the only one who wants to have a small post count? And don't get me wrong, I want to make posts, I just don't want that number under my avatar to be big. So do you care about these or are do you not?

Last edited by Sensei1 (Jul 14 2013 2:20:40 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Re: Do you guys care about your rep or post count?

Reputation is useful for hearing actual commentary, whether it be positive or negative.
Although, it doesn't necessarily reflect upon anything when it has insignificance relevance to any particular reason.

Post count is much more meaningful when it the content behind each one isn't absolute crud.
Which primarily focuses on the lack of posting in Forum Games.

I care about both to the extent of taking it into account, but not enough for anything emotional whatsoever.

Last edited by ?tilla (Jul 14 2013 2:35:25 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 Before February 2015

Calicara

I turned off my rep ages ago because I was sick and tired of noobs spamming it. I know a lot of people don't like me, but it's not generally because I'm mean it's just because I'm a troll. So my rep doesn't matter to me, and neither does post count.

To me it's quality not quantity of posts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Calicara (Jul 14 2013 3:58:37 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I don't mind my rep anymore, if someone reps me, so be it. I just find it annoying when people purposely break the rules/spam my rep. It just really gets on my nerves for some odd reason.

Post count to me is sort of my guilty pleasure now. I like seeing my count hit 4000 and stuff, but I'm not trying to spam either. I think of it as my way of "contributing" to the forum. Plus, I like paying attention to it for the purpose of statistics.

#5 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Reps are useful because nubs trust you and you end up knowing more and more people. Same with post count.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Not really, no.   I can't say I didn't in the past, though.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#7 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

When I started I thought it was really important, but now, not as much.

:.|:;

#8 Before February 2015

Calicara

Squad wrote:

Reps are useful because nubs trust you and you end up knowing more and more people. Same with post count.

But since the forums aren't directly related to the game it's not always true. Like I rarely play EE the game anymore, but I'm on the forums all the time. And some users play the game more than they use the forums. And then some users don't play the game much or use the forum much yet they are still very well know (like MFL).

I don't think post count or rep really determines much IMO other than that you either make lots of witty posts, or you have a lot of time on your hands.

#9 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Failgirl101 wrote:
Squad wrote:

But since the forums aren't directly related to the game it's not always true. Like I rarely play EE the game anymore, but I'm on the forums all the time. And some users play the game more than they use the forums. And then some users don't play the game much or use the forum much yet they are still very well know (like MFL).

I don't think post count or rep really determines much IMO other than that you either make lots of witty posts, or you have a lot of time on your hands.

Or you like to spam play Forum Games a lot.

#10 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Fiendish Llama wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:
Squad wrote:

I don't get it, you crossed it out and then wrote it again.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#11 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Fiendish Llama wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:

You're right; there is no difference.

#12 Before February 2015

skullz17

My rep is just feedback on my behaviour, taken into account and perhaps acted upon, but not necessarily something to be proud of/ashamed of. However, I do still like to be aware of my rep count and make an effort to make some rep-worthy posts/topics.

My post count is like a tractor that I watch chugging along, waiting patiently for the day that it exceeds RPGMaster2000's post count (not that it's really that much to be proud of, considering most people have exceeded the post counts of other mods/admins, plus it's the milestones like 4000 posts to be looking at).

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#13 Before February 2015

Krock

I don't care about my post count, except it's 666, (0)815, 1000, 1111 or 1337

My +reps are for me something like: "Cool, I made somehting good" and if I get -reps then I'm sad and try to get them up again because I don't really like the [-].
I think +rep means +respect and -rep, +"you noob" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#14 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

My reputation is directly tied to my ego, and I notice when it changes. It provides feedback on certain posts so I can see how amazing I am. It really doesn't matter that much, though. I usually only +rep when I'm impressed or start laughing (I think most of the time I rep because of signatures) and -rep when someone's really being stupid.

Post count is just a number and is only an indicator as to how forced someone is in posting, most likely, and how often they go in forum games. It seems to be a quality vs quantity thing, but being higher does not necessarily mean the posts are low quality -- it just means that the grand majority of the time.

Although, having 2070 posts was pretty fun.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#15 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Zoey2070 wrote:

Although, having 2070 posts was pretty fun.

Yes, we all remember that grand time. The days were filled with happiness and rainbows. The days lasted one full week, amazing right?

#16 Before February 2015

tak4n

I can easily get my rep into hundreds by finishing maps others made and posting it on "rooms" topic. This is what I hate about rep. I was even thinking about making a whole topic about it but this topic is perfect for what I have to say. For me, rep is something important and every single rep I get, I enjoy getting. I find it really unfair how people get easy rep off of other people's maps, the map maker deserves a rep, not the person that finished it. People such as Allerulez got their rep solely from exploiting rooms section of the forum and it's probably just me, but I just don't find it a legit way of getting rep.

Post count however I don't care about and it's just a number to me. I had a period where I'd post mostly in forum games but that period is over so my post count didn't jump too much. However it's still fun to see how long it took you to get a milestone post count.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#17 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

My reputation is pretty important to me. Every time it changes, I check it immediately. It is nice feedback to see what the forums like of me, and dislike of me. When I get a +rep, I get happier, but if I get a -rep, I get surprised and a little bit sad, like Sensei1. However, if the -rep is for a lame reason, I normally just ignore it and possibly report it on Bee's topic. I realize that other people may feel like me when getting +reps, so that's why I'm generous with rewards when people win my levels.

My post count matters a little bit to me. I like getting to milestone and trying to get to #1, (including Toby) but I shouldn't post everywhere. I used to post a lot in the forum games to raise my post count, but I only go on a few forum games a day. I can't wait to make something great at my 5,000 post milestone, but I'll save that for another time.

32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Fiendish Llama wrote:

Like I said above, I play a few forum games a day just for the fun of it or to keep my own forum games active, not to reach 5,000 posts or get more posts than Toby. There's a difference between those two.

#18 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:
32OrtonEdge32dh wrote:
Fiendish Llama wrote:

Like I said above, I play a few forum games a day just for the fun of it or to keep my own forum games active, not to reach 5,000 posts or get more posts than Toby. There's a difference between those two.

The fact that you took it and applied it to yourself speaks volumes.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

well ever sin-ce people just revenge rep, it makes me consider what spam rep really is: people think its only -rep but +rep tends to be the most spam. This is why I can't care about my rep, because the mods abuse the system.

Come find me in game!

Sensei11423712243249189

Board footer