Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

Some actual reputation rules

there are no rules in the supreme list of rules (cringe) that actually mention rep.
bee's rules are obviously ignored by zoey when she remooved revenge reps and -reps with valid reason.
there are no rules fior mods to follow when they remove reps. There needs to be something so zoey can stop harrasing me.
this is very concering that nothing is set in stone. this allows some mods to be a bit abusive... Please suggest rules below.

..anyone who annoys me gets banned by the way

"Do not...annoy, insult, or pester."

Come find me in game!

#2 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Re: Some actual reputation rules

Mass repping (*cough*) should not be acceptable. There should be a limit as to how many people you can rep in a certain amount of time (3 reps in 24 hours).

I have stated my opinion and idea.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Aug 2 2013 3:35:43 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

i agree because i didnt know this was againsr the rules. no one of those rules said a thing about that. this is just a silent rule thats implied and never stated therefore   shouldn't have been enforced.

but that last sentence was a bit cocky...

Last edited by LoveLemons (Aug 2 2013 10:47:40 am)

Come find me in game!

#4 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Since I am being called out here, instead of being PMed, let me explain you a thing in as professional a manner as I can possibly do given my current mental state which involves being silly as a coping mechanism for the cesspool that is these beloved forums.

The rules are flawed. This is something I've pointed out even before becoming a mod, but alas, they've yet to be fixed. The former set of rules was much better, even if it was less organized. Mainly, because it had a little clause that basically said that this is an oligarchy and we can do whatever we want and you're helpless to fight back.

I am, of course, over-exaggerating it, but that's what it would boil down to if we were the kind to abuse power and ban people we don't like just because we don't like them -- you know, petty type of things. Sort of like -repping everyone for asinine reasons. I'm sure you know plenty about that.

Just because it is not explicitly stated in the rules does not mean it isn't a punishable offense -- as I said, the rules are flawed. We have a warning tag explicitly for rep-spam. You have one. You should have several, because there's been an insane amount of complaints about YOUR specific repping. I've pmed you about this.

No, there are no rules for repping, but that's the glorious and also the worst part about being a mod: you have the opportunity to enact your own judgement. How's that glorious? Well, you're a mod. You have power. How is that the worst part? Because then you're second-guessing every move you make, you ask the other mods/admins what to do, you do what they say, people complain about you even though you're technically just the messenger because you don't trust your own judgement, people say you're harassing them when you asked two other people in power what to do, people say their warnings are unfair and keep telling you about it in some passive-aggressive way even though you told them several times you asked someone else what to do in this case because most of the mods seemingly are too lazy to do anything, so you do all the real stuff, and you are quickly becoming like them because you cannot stand some of the incredibly petty things people do.

Oh, right! But I'm individually harassing you, and instead of PMing me and reasonably arguing your case, you make this topic.

Back to the judgement part: I asked a few mods what to do. They said warn you twice. I warned you twice. I have to make the judgement whether or not you're spamming reps, as I have to do with everyone who asks about reps. I could remove spam +reps, too, but I've got this ingrained fear of people getting angry at me and **** me out or me generally making the wrong move, which is why I ask other mods what to do and I try to play it safe whilst still being a capable mod.

However, I am in no way as capable or as glorious as BEE -- who is at this point probably considered inactive, like several of the other mods -- and for that, I apologize. I also apologize on behalf of all the other much more experienced mods who push all the work onto their poor intern Zoey, who totally deserves this because she asked to be a mod. Basically, I remove reps because no one else will. Stepping up to the plate and whatnot.

Just because you "didnt know this was againsr the rules" does not excuse you from not following them. It's implied that you have to stop at a stop sign. Common sense is implied. You are able to realize that it is implied, you've been warned and now know it is against the rules, so therefore it has every right to be enforced.

Now you know, so it will be enforced, as all rules are enforced.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

If Zoey wants to remove every rep you ever gave, then she'll clear her schedule and start removing them. We don't need permission from a HTML document. Our job is to keep the forums free of hate and danger, and that's exactly what we'll do. Regardless of the rules.

The being said, if we were to add rules for rep, it would not be to restrict us, it would be to give you a heads-up.

Since we're partially nice people we might even do that. But it is not required of us. Especially since it was your choice to involve yourself with the reputation system.

-----

What I would include (just my take on it):

Do...
     ...give positive reputation to people who do a good thing.
     ...give negative reputation to people who do a bad thing.

Do not...
     ...give reputation for vague reasons.
     ...give reputation for illegitimate reasons.
     ...give reputation because they repped you. ("revenge" rep)
     ...abuse your privilege to turn reputation on and off at will.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#6 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

thanks everyone

Come find me in game!

#7 Before February 2015

Maskestrio

The reputation system is messed up. It's a number that can be made go up or down by anyone else, with a few limits. Someone could give a -rep because a .gif image in their post is too flashy for them, and it hurt their eyes, while in reality, it didn't. No user could tell if that user was lying or not, and it's not just this example that can be abused.

This is a big issue, and it causes the reputation to be a mess sometimes. This is also why I don't care about reputation too much. There really isn't many solutions to this problem; the moderator will have to decide if the negative reputation should be removed, and sometimes this causes it to be hard to decide.

I would like to know what other users think of this issue.

FDOOU1423712269249163

Board footer