Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Copycats

In my reputation, I saw it go lower, so I checked immediately who did it and why for science. I realize it's Acreus64 for the reason "MLP is lame," so I was about to give him a private message. I clicked his name in the reputation box, but it says that he has no reputation. I could have sworn that Arceus64 had a positive reputation... Here's the twist: The r and c were switched. This may start to become an issue because I've gotten tricked by this, and it could lead to abuse.

What do you think on the subject?

Last edited by N1KF (Aug 1 2013 10:20:17 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Re: Copycats

what do i think on the subject? i think mlp is lame and that its a perfectly fine reason to give a - rep.

#3 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Well whoever this is (likely the same person behind Brushedfire), Acreus64 is a horrible nickname. Seriously man, get with the project.

And Brawler, if someone -reps people when they don't have any posts, I believe it's considered spam.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Aug 2 2013 5:06:59 am)

#4 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Arceus64 wrote:

Well whoever this is (likely the same person behind Brushedfire), Acreus64 is a horrible nickname. Seriously man, get with the project.

And Brawler, if someone -reps people when they don't have any posts, I believe it's considered spam.

I think the reputation that you received was valid enough to be considered, regardless of their post count; however invalid because it's only an opinion.

It boils down to what one would consider to be spam, but the reputation thing itself is features 'unsolicity.

Last edited by ?tilla (Aug 2 2013 5:45:03 am)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I've gotten quite a few PMs recently from people who think I spammed their reputation.

Do people actually think I'd be that rude? Seriously? When I've been against the whole system, when I've reported countless people breaking the rules, when I've PMed mods to try and implement fairer rules?

Maybe I'm not needed here.

#6 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

It is a valid reason... the guy should be banned for impersonation not -rep spam

Come find me in game!

#7 Before February 2015

Arceus64

LoveLemons wrote:

It is a valid reason... the guy should be banned for impersonation not -rep spam

Flaming is also not allowed, and can be considered spam I'm certain cases, usually when used for reps.

A common practice at this forum is that someone who doesn't post anything and just -reps people with (sometimes) offensive language can at times, actually be considered a spammer.

I didn't create the rules, so if you feel this is unjust and unfair, PM a mod your opinions about this.

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I got a -rep from him, and I was thinking "wow, when did he change his name? has it always been a typo?"
but then I realized the user was banned! And was an impersonator!
So I removed the -rep, checked to see if anyone else got -reps from him.
Either way, I deem any and all reps, positive or negative, from Acreus64 to be spam because he was most likely created to frame Arceus64 due to the similar names and also to spam rep, which is definitely a punishable offense whether you are aware of it or not.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#9 Before February 2015

kooldude9000

I got a down rep from "them" on the forum game "smiley wars."
The message was: "Don't kill the normal smiley," or something similar.
That's sort of the point of the game, decide which should lose points and gain points and whatnot.

#10 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Reps should be anonymous.   I'm sick of immature revenge -reps.

#11 Before February 2015

Arceus64

There should actually be a limit to how many reps you can give out in a certain amount of time. It would (somewhat) reduce spam attacks.

#12 Before February 2015

ShinyPorygon5

Arceus64 wrote:

*cough*LoveLemons*cough*

Can't moderators check the IP address of these alternative doppelganger accounts?

#13 Before February 2015

FDOOU
Banned

stop making me look bad... I don't mass -rep anymore, its just when im upset by posts

Come find me in game!

#14 Before February 2015

Arceus64

AzurePudding wrote:

The mods would have to have the users' names visible, or else someone can mass spam -rep dangerously, that could contain:

- Inappropriate language/flaming

- Disturbing images

- Sexual content

- Plain spam (xcfvxvjhcnffb as a reason)

#15 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Arceus64 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

The mods would have to have the users' names visible, or else someone can mass spam -rep dangerously, that could contain:

- Inappropriate language/flaming

- Disturbing images

- Sexual content

- Plain spam (xcfvxvjhcnffb as a reason)

Anonymous to other players, if anything. Moderators and Administrators are free to see reputation as we do currently.

#16 Before February 2015

SkyFalcon

I got -rep from Brushedfire for no reason //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
It's just hopeless, anyone can make an alt and -rep you.

#17 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Just roll with it.   Does one less rep point really hurt you?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#18 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Rep isn't just a number. It's a way of life.

:.|:;

#19 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Rep system is so broken lol.

Person likes MLP, MINUS REP!

Person copy and pastes smiley onto picture, PLUS REP!

#20 Before February 2015

NR2001

Zoey2070 wrote:

I got a -rep from him, and I was thinking "wow, when did he change his name? has it always been a typo?"
but then I realized the user was banned! And was an impersonator!
So I removed the -rep, checked to see if anyone else got -reps from him.
Either way, I deem any and all reps, positive or negative, from Acreus64 to be spam because he was most likely created to frame Arceus64 due to the similar names and also to spam rep, which is definitely a punishable offense whether you are aware of it or not.

Well, then maybe you can help me and remove the "You're unstable" reason from the Acreus64 account.
Edit:

I just hurt my brain trying to figure out which thread I posted on. I'll leave a link to this post on the BSRT topic.

Edit2:

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDDD! I get a -rep from buzzzerbeee. Seems legit; as well as another MLP picture.

Last edited by NR2001 (Aug 5 2013 6:34:11 pm)

N1KF1423712421249011

Board footer