Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

NR2001

Possible to give/take rep even if disabled?

I think I just found out that you can give/take rep, even if the person has disabled reputation.

If you use a link manually,

hxxp://ee.forumify.com/reputation.php?pid=(post-id)&uid=(user-id)&method=(1 is add, 2 is subtract)
you can give/take reputation. Now why anyone would do this, I don't know, because they probably can't see that you did it anyway.

Ban-able? Discuss-able? Etc-able?

#2 Before February 2015

Krock

Re: Possible to give/take rep even if disabled?

fix-able

@poster below: so, activate your rep to see how much spam on it is...

#3 Before February 2015

Marios

My rep is still active.

And i guess there is some spam maybe.

Last edited by Marios (Aug 7 2013 11:33:44 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Arceus64

If a person has rep disabled, that specifically means they don't want to be given rep/give rep in return. I'm only sure that people will now -rep people who have their reputation off, which should be considered rule-breaking and ban-able at that.

Although I've known the manual reputation viewing trick, I'd never heard of this. I'd applaud you for such a find, but I can only imagine how dangerous this could be if used.

#5 Before February 2015

NR2001

Arceus64 wrote:

...but I can only imagine how dangerous this could be if used.

Great. Now I'm the reason why Reputation World War 3 is on the brink of happening. lol

I do actually want a moderator's opinion on all of this, because it's not our job to make stuff against the rules.

#6 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

wow. thanks a lot NR. now im gonna have to turn on my **** reputation until this is fixed so i can make sure nobody tries to abuse it.

#7 Before February 2015

NR2001

Brawler700 wrote:

wow. thanks a lot NR. now im gonna have to turn on my **** reputation until this is fixed so i can make sure nobody tries to abuse it.

Well, the more you post, the more post-id's are available to be abused.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

It doesn't actually work. When you try to submit the rep it gives some message about that user disallowing rep

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Different55 wrote:

It doesn't actually work. When you try to submit the rep it gives some message about that user disallowing rep

My defense is that since I've been using a mobile phone for these past days, and couldn't put in url addresses, I only assumed this worked. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#10 Before February 2015

NR2001

Arceus64 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

My defense is that since I've been using a mobile phone for these past days, and couldn't put in url addresses, I only assumed this worked. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Oh well I was wrong. You can lock this as I feel defeated that it doesn't work. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I've tried this a long time ago, it would be funny if it worked.

Last edited by ?tilla (Aug 7 2013 3:16:08 pm)

signature.png
*u stinky*

#12 Before February 2015

NR2001

?tilla wrote:

I've tried this a long time ago, it would be funny if it worked.

Yeah, imagine someone like Vilius2001 turning on his rep and seeing 100's of -reps. LOL!

NR2001 1423712440248992

Board footer