Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Creature

New warning system idea

2a: ...post useless, irrelevant, inappropriate, or incomprehensible content=Increase nearly 20% warning level
2b: ...post text with unreasonable effects=Increase nearly 12% warning level
2c: ...speak in a language the opening post is not written in= Increase nearly 15% warning level
2d: ...insult, annoy, or pester= Increase nearly 30% warning level
2e: ...give out personal information or information of others= Increase nearly 40% warning level
2f: ...use a proxy or try to evade a ban= Increase nearly 25% warning level
2g: ...provide illegal tools or directions (such as a link to a pirated game)= Increase nearly 20%(Maybe its virus) warning level
2h: ...use the report button to request stickies or break any rule= Increase nearly 30% warning level
2i: ...make another account without permission= Increase nearly 15% warning level
2j: ...use more than four lines and/or more than 300px vertically in a signature= Signature is removed.

15%=Ban for a hour
40%=Ban for a day
70%=Ban for a week
100%=Permanent ban

Last edited by Creature (Jan 10 2014 6:56:48 am)

This is a false statement.

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: New warning system idea

The current rules as they are written contain a few things that we don't warn users for. There are also some things not in the rules that we do warn users for. I'm working on rewriting the rules to better reflect how we actually do things.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Creature

Im just giving some idea to new warning system,some rules is most important than others.

#4 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You're correct about that, but a lot of these vary way too much. For example, giving out personal information. It goes from a little too low to way too high. And I can't think of any situations where providing illegal instructions or tools would result in a tiny 2% warning.
The problem with warnings as small as 2% is that they aren't felt at all. And this suggestion doesn't take into account the fact that warnings can expire.
Overall, increasing the number of points for punishment while increasing the number of points per warning is a good idea. It would allow us more options for defining how severe each infraction is, but 100 is way too much. I might try working with 20 instead, though.

- ShinsukeIto

#5 Before February 2015

Creature

Im just giving a example. But ill fix it.
Fixed.

Last edited by Creature (Jan 10 2014 6:57:01 am)

#6 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

This what I think it should be like, personally:
1st warning will be a reminder that (s)he is breaking the rules - in case it's not intentional
2nd warning will be a 30 day ban - to give them an idea of what breaking the rules again would be like
3rd warning and beyond will all be 120 day bans - to give them enough time to regret what they did
Intentionally and constantly breaking the rules will end up in a 1 year ban and three warnings - they deserve it
Using loopholes to avoid bans will end in a 5 year ban - they should learn by then

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If we did that, I think we'd end up having more active people banned than not most of the time.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

Creature

N1KF wrote:

This what I think it should be like, personally:
1st warning will be a reminder that (s)he is breaking the rules - in case it's not intentional
2nd warning will be a 30 day ban - to give them an idea of what breaking the rules again would be like
3rd warning and beyond will all be 120 day bans - to give them enough time to regret what they did
Intentionally and constantly breaking the rules will end up in a 1 year ban and three warnings - they deserve it
Using loopholes to avoid bans will end in a 5 year ban - they should learn by then

Bad idea,most of peoples got warning because they think dont break rules.

Creature1423712663248769

Board footer