Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Animated logo: A work in progress.

I've been working on an animated version of my logo that I intend to use for more elaborate promo videos in the future to spread the word of Everybody Edits and for introducing new updates. This is not finished in any way so feedback and comments would be very appreciated. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Revision 2 (Mochi awards promo):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG7Pu2bdhQA[/youtube]

#2 Before February 2015

Gaming_Guy

Re: Animated logo: A work in progress.

RPGMaster2000 my question of the day is, how are you? BTW i think the images on the ball thing ( what is that? ) messes it up, try to fix that and well, can you please tell me how to post pictures on the forums. I'm kinda new and thanks for your time, have a nice day!

Last edited by GamingGuy (Feb 6 2011 3:54:43 am)

#3 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

GamingGuy wrote:

RPGMaster2000 my question of the day is, how are you? BTW i think the images on the ball thing ( what is that? ) messes it up, try to fix that and well, can you please tell me how to post pictures on the forums. I'm kinda new and thanks for your time, have a nice day!

I'm just fine, thank you.

That's always been part of the logo, but alright. Could you be more specific as to how I should correct this problem?

If you want to post images to the forum, you need to use an image uploader like www.imgur.com and then link the picture back here with the IMG tags.

#4 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

In my opinion, the globe is spinning too fast; I'd say cut the speed in half, or at least by a third.   And, if you could have sections of the background switching from image to image, I think it would greatly improve the overall look.

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

i like it how it is, but i miss the superman smiley (: you could animate that with my suggest with a rainbow looking tail (: I like how u animated it, what program did you use?

#6 Before February 2015

EE King

I really like it but, the circle is spinning a little to fast, slow it down a bit and it would be perfect.

#7 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Super_Luigi wrote:

In my opinion, the globe is spinning too fast; I'd say cut the speed in half, or at least by a third.   And, if you could have sections of the background switching from image to image, I think it would greatly improve the overall look.

Sure thing, I'll slow it down about 35 % and we'll see how that works out. Love the background idea as well, I'll see what I can do with that. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

wezza wrote:

i like it how it is, but i miss the superman smiley (: you could animate that with my suggest with a rainbow looking tail (: I like how u animated it, what program did you use?

I did intend to add smilies and stuff like that later, but I just wanted to focus on perfecting the logo itself for now. I used Cinema 4D for animating the globe which i then later composited in After Effects CS5.

#8 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

WOW!!! That is the best logo i have ever seen great work rpg,loving the work

#9 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

looks great

#10 Before February 2015

EDJ

Slow down the speed as mentioned before, and maybe let the globe stop spinning at the end?

#11 Before February 2015

BillyP

Awesome work, RPG! Are you going to add sound effects in background? I think this would emphasise the video more. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#12 Before February 2015

darkday

Woah woah woah, I totally pitched this to you a couple weeks ago! Looks nice though.

Anyways, how did you get the whole spinning sphere? I thought you lost the texture file? I recreated the entire thing by hand. That was not fun sad.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRX_aiNp_8[/youtube]
That's my take. I'm planning on the light trail coming from the superman smiley. I'm working on the 3d model for that right now. There's no spinning right now as to speed up render times.

EDIT
========
I actually don't think I told you I was actually making a video intro, and rather just asked for the texture //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Constructive criticism time!
-I disagree about making the sphere stop at the end. In the actual logo, there is motion blur, so you could probably just abruptly stop the spin, and replace the logo animation with the actual logo. (Sorry if that sounds confusing)
-Can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Last edited by darkday (Feb 6 2011 8:53:56 am)

#13 Before February 2015

BillyP

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0YbA5UvVtU[/youtube]

This is my idea of what the sound effects should be like.

#14 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

BillyP wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0YbA5UvVtU[/youtube]

This is my idea of what the sound effects should be like.

Very nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#15 Before February 2015

BillyP

Jojatekok wrote:

Very nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thanks. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#16 Before February 2015

Wezza

this should be the intro before you go the the actual game, guest mode.

#17 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

To darkday: Yeah, that's what I thought myself until I stumbled upon my texture hidden in the cache folder of my Cinema 4D program so it was just pure luck that I managed to find it again. That's actually what inspired me to do this animation which I've actually been meaning to do ever since I made the original logo.

Also, I do like the idea of having the logo be animated first to kind of smoothly transition it to the actual image, I'll see if I can do one of those later when I feel that this one has been polished enough.

To BillyP: That's awesome! Not sure if that's the kind of theme I'll use for sound effects in the final product though, it's really gonna depend on what Chris feels will work for the overall EE theme.
---

A new and polished version of the animation will probably show up tomorrow based on your feedback. Just stay tuned.

#18 Before February 2015

correiajoao

very nice the last one, with sound effect!

Good work RPG!

#19 Before February 2015

BillyP

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

To BillyP: That's awesome! Not sure if that's the kind of theme I'll use for sound effects in the final product though, it's really gonna depend on what Chris feels will work for the overall EE theme.

Thanks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile and yeah, I know what you mean, the sound effect sounds like something you'd hear in an action game or something like that. Looking forward to seeing the next version of it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Last edited by BillyP (Feb 6 2011 11:33:17 am)

#20 Before February 2015

darkday

That's good for you RPGMaster! I wish we could collaborate on this, but I'm using blender, and you're using cinema4d, so that's down the drain. lol. And great sound effects BillyP.

And you're lucky you have After Effects. My computer can't even run it. I have an old pentium4.

And for the still image, it's probably best to change the logo to be the last frame of the animated one.

Actually, we may be able to still collaborate, since all you did was the spinning sphere in cinema4d. Any chance you could send me the texture?

Last edited by darkday (Feb 6 2011 12:16:49 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

BillyP

darkday wrote:

And great sound effects BillyP.

Cheers! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#22 Before February 2015

Alex

I think the 3d effect is a little too exagerated(mainly the bevel thing should be turned down)

I think you should slow it down a tiny bit, not much, but it's really fast as it is.

#23 Before February 2015

darkday

I assume you're talking about the 3d effect of the sphere? There's not much that can really be done about that, because RPGMaster used a 3d program to create it, and not just photoshop.

#24 Before February 2015

Alex

Well, durp.

I imagine whatever 3D program he's using has some level of customization.

I like how it's in 3D, but the 'shiny part' is a little to shiny, in my opinion.

#25 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Alex wrote:

I think the 3d effect is a little too exagerated(mainly the bevel thing should be turned down)

I think you should slow it down a tiny bit, not much, but it's really fast as it is.

In reference to your later post, I can see that you are talking about the globe. I'll see what I can do to make it more neutral and less "shiny". Might just be improper shading on my part though.

And yes, I've been working on slowing the globe down, that version will show up tomorrow. Not sure if I want to slow the whole animation down though as I was going to use this for a promo video with a 15 second limit. I'll see if I can make an extended version as well though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

darkday wrote:

That's good for you RPGMaster! I wish we could collaborate on this, but I'm using blender, and you're using cinema4d, so that's down the drain. lol. And great sound effects BillyP.

And you're lucky you have After Effects. My computer can't even run it. I have an old pentium4.

And for the still image, it's probably best to change the logo to be the last frame of the animated one.

Actually, we may be able to still collaborate, since all you did was the spinning sphere in cinema4d. Any chance you could send me the texture?

Yeah, After Effects is a total beast for visual effects. While I do appreciate you offering your help, I'm not looking for any extra manpower for these type of things. I've always been the kind of guy who works solo on everything. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

RPGMaster2000 1423722486238946

Board footer