Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

rdococ

Updated Metal Pack

New Metal Pack
These updated metal blocks are very shiny!
newmetalpackframes.png
Here shows the blocks. The blocks animate quickly, so I also shown the frames. There are 5 frames per block and each frame is 16x16.

From left to right:
Platimun, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Puter, Copper

I hope you like these blocks and if you don't, I hope you give constructive criticism.

-rdococ

#2 Before February 2015

Tachyonic

Re: Updated Metal Pack

They look rather bland and flat.
Add some shading.

#3 Before February 2015

hopperkk

Not the best.. Good work, though! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#4 Before February 2015

crastopher

GadgetGeek wrote:

Add some shading.

Agreed.

The animation thing... The one animated block (not counting coins) that isn't a tool-block is diamond, and that's supposed to be a special attractive block that people want to buy. I don't think you should.

Plus, we already have metal blocks, and those look just like the ones in EE, but flat and animated.

I DO agree though that we need better metal blocks. Something that looks sort of chrome-ey. Kind of like the white & grey blocks in the sci-fi pack.

#5 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

crastopher wrote:

The animation thing... The one animated block (not counting coins) that isn't a tool-block is diamond, and that's supposed to be a special attractive block that people want to buy. I don't think you should.

Plus, we already have metal blocks, and those look just like the ones in EE, but flat and animated.

I DO agree though that we need better metal blocks. Something that looks sort of chrome-ey. Kind of like the white & grey blocks in the sci-fi pack.

Unless you count portals as tools, that's a heck of a lot of exceptions for diamonds being the only animated block.   Water is animated.

I think even the sci-fi block looks pretty flat.   Here's a picture of some shiny metal: http://image1.masterfile.com/em_w/04/99 … 97482w.jpg

GadgetGeek wrote:

Add some shading.

Well, you could also say that about Rocket pack.
I think the current metal blocks are of low quality.   I don't like using them other than for minimap art.   I don't know how these would look when animated, but it would be easier to compare if you did.   Also, if you want shiny, shiny metal has lots of shading.

As of now, the official metal blocks look more like low-quality cement.

Last edited by AzurePudding (Nov 21 2012 4:09:36 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

crastopher

Dang it, I hate you right now because you're right.

AzurePudding wrote:

Here's a picture of some shiny metal:

Your link is broken.

#7 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

crastopher wrote:

Dang it, I hate you right now because you're right.

AzurePudding wrote:

Here's a picture of some shiny metal:

Your link is broken.

Weird.

Pic is on this site: http://www.masterfile.com/stock-photogr … -gold-bars

#8 Before February 2015

Aaron8086EE

They are quite bland, and dont really have style. I honestly think the original metal blocks are better. I could make these in about 2 minutes. (I dont really want to, though, LOL) But honestly again, they dont have any style at all. Thats my constructive critism.

#9 Before February 2015

Brushfire

They do need more texture and shading...

I decided to link them together as well.
0vIOG.gif

rdococ 1423724121237311

Board footer