Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

emanresu

Reverse coin doors

Now that we have coin doors, we need reverse coin doors! They start out open, but permanently shut once you collect a certain amount of coins. You could make some fun "get to the end of the level with fewer than 10 coins for code" type levels with this and make your minigames revolve around avoiding coins.

#2 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

Re: Reverse coin doors

emanresu wrote:

Now that we have coin doors, we need reverse coin doors! They start out open, but permanently shut once you collect a certain amount of coins. You could make some fun "get to the end of the level with fewer than 10 coins for code" type levels with this and make your minigames revolve around avoiding coins.

And if u accidently catch a coin u have to do the whole level again. i don't like this idea that much, but i understand the point.

#3 Before February 2015

emanresu

Well yeah, it would be up to the level creator to implement it in a way that isn't too frustrating (unless that's their goal). Also if we get blue coin doors/reverse blue coin doors, you could do a "collect all the gold coins while avoiding the blue coins" type deal.

#4 Before February 2015

NikK

I think you mean "Coin gates". Actually you could solve the problem TheGreenTroll said by having a button to go to the start of the level (Where you started, not a random spawn point) and erase your gold/blue coin count, so you don't have to find the level again etc.

And if we get to have checkpoints, we could restart on last checkpoints, with the coin count we had at the moment when we got to the checkpoint.

But that would actually take a lot of time and work to the staff :/

#5 Before February 2015

emanresu

No I meant "reverse coin doors", which I guess you can call gates if you want. The "problem" TheGreenTroll brought up isn't anything that doesn't also exist with coin doors.

And if u accidently catch a coin u have to do the whole level again.

could easily be reversed to say

And if u accidently miss a coin u have to do the whole level again.

#6 Before February 2015

mistahboi

It would be cool to make a minigame with two paths made of coin doors, if you choose to take the coins, you take the reverse path, if you don't, you do the normal path. I like coin doors already because people can't troll them.

#7 Before February 2015

cloudy311

And if u accidently catch a coin u have to do the whole level again.

But this one can be easily created using regular coin doors, like the one where you should jump on the coin door and step on the next platform to proceed.

Last edited by cloudy311 (Jan 11 2011 5:09:06 am)

#8 Before February 2015

bliske

emanresu wrote:

that's the only problem aside from bugs already, is that we need doors that you have to avoid the coin, so 'reset coin-count, as ckjr recently said in a post. if you touch the coin, it'll reset your count and you have to start over.
that way map making will be much better, and truely sweet since many people want to make 'avoid the coin' maps

#9 Before February 2015

mrvalley

how about this: edit how the coin doors work so that you can set the range of coin counts that will open the door, so that you can make it < or >.   better yet, make it so that you can specify that it has to be more than this number, but less than that number, like greater than 10, but less and 20.

emanresu 1423726594234838

Board footer