Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Ban list

We REALLY need a ban list, to make sure that the person cannot return to your map. Banning them every 5 minutes (although I swear it's less sometimes) is tedious, especially in a place with 40+ people where people are getting banned every 2 seconds.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

Re: Ban list

the ban function is bad, even if people don't troll u can ban them, how fair is that?

#3 Before February 2015

Xpo20

I agree... We need teh ban lists.

#4 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TheGreenTroll wrote:

the ban function is bad, even if people don't troll u can ban them, how fair is that?

Coming from the troll :rolleyes:

#5 Before February 2015

Tree

I like that idea! We could also have a friends list aswell.

#6 Before February 2015

Randomdude

maybe it's better to call it 'enemy list'
They can't go to your saved world. Good for getting rid of hackers.

#7 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

D-rock2308 wrote:
TheGreenTroll wrote:

Yes, I don't care if I'm gettin banned when I'm trollin. But, I care if some noob just goes on and ban everyone that's about to finish his level.

Banning people is not a good option. This game will become Nazi-Germany. I play this game because I have FREEDOM! FREEDOM to chose my own smiley and FREEDOM to chose wich color the bricks should have. I play this game because people of the FREE WORLD come together and socialize and having a fun time instead of just follow the wind in the consumer society. I like this game because I have the FREEDOM to interrupt and provoke people that's giving away the code. I'm playing this game because EVERYBODY CAN EDIIIT!!!!!!!!

FREEDOOOOM!!! FREEDOOOOM!!! FREEDOOOOM!!!

Uhm.. well, yes.

Cheerio.

This is a serious suggestion then: If we will have a ban list and the kick function, people will go on kickin random people. That will destroy the game. So, let's make so that only people with God mode can be kicked and banned. People without code can't troll if they aren't hackers. And if someone is trollin the keys to the stairs, well, then it's the creators fault and the creator is a retard.

#8 Before February 2015

RayDof

TheGreenTroll wrote:
D-rock2308 wrote:
TheGreenTroll wrote:

Yes, I don't care if I'm gettin banned when I'm trollin. But, I care if some noob just goes on and ban everyone that's about to finish his level.

Banning people is not a good option. This game will become Nazi-Germany. I play this game because I have FREEDOM! FREEDOM to chose my own smiley and FREEDOM to chose wich color the bricks should have. I play this game because people of the FREE WORLD come together and socialize and having a fun time instead of just follow the wind in the consumer society. I like this game because I have the FREEDOM to interrupt and provoke people that's giving away the code. I'm playing this game because EVERYBODY CAN EDIIIT!!!!!!!!

FREEDOOOOM!!! FREEDOOOOM!!! FREEDOOOOM!!!

Uhm.. well, yes.

Cheerio.

This is a serious suggestion then: If we will have a ban list and the kick function, people will go on kickin random people. That will destroy the game. So, let's make so that only people with God mode can be kicked and banned. People without code can't troll if they aren't hackers. And if someone is trollin the keys to the stairs, well, then it's the creators fault and the creator is a retard.

You say freedom well a person has freedom to keep others out of the room then. That's their choice. If they are going to abuse the "ban list" function then thats their choice as well. Only means they will have less and less people coming to their room. If indeed a ban list is added to the current functions then the ban list should only be controlled by the owner of the room and thats it.   So it should fall under the owner to ban list people. For that matter it should only fall to the owner to ban or kick in his or her room.

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I don't care about misuse. I mean, the kick function is already misused (blacklye's 'free gems here' comes to mind)
A ban list would just make it easier for you to keep the trolls out (because changing the code really **** a lot of people off) and kicking the trolls is only effective for 5 minutes.

I think that a friends list (which could auto-godmode those people, a.k.a. they don't need the code) and enemies list (which would autoban them, or make it so that they can't edit even if they have the code) is a better idea than an autoban list, because friends/autoban would be universal.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

Spike

D-rock2308 wrote:
TheGreenTroll wrote:

lol

#11 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

RayDof wrote:

You say freedom well a person has freedom to keep others out of the room then. That's their choice. If they are going to abuse the "ban list" function then thats their choice as well. Only means they will have less and less people coming to their room. If indeed a ban list is added to the current functions then the ban list should only be controlled by the owner of the room and thats it.   So it should fall under the owner to ban list people. For that matter it should only fall to the owner to ban or kick in his or her room.

Of course it's their choice to abuse the ban function, but do you think it's okay?

#12 Before February 2015

RayDof

TheGreenTroll wrote:
RayDof wrote:

Of course it's their choice to abuse the ban function, but do you think it's okay?

It might not be ok to abuse it but its ok to have it. Its their choice, if they abuse it like I said before less and less people will go to their room and it should be the owner only who can use ban list for his/her rooms. And only the owner. Wouldnt want a "troll" to go into a random beta room and use ban list on ever one now would we. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#13 Before February 2015

FMaster

Maybe an ignore list for the chat?

#14 Before February 2015

Anon

TheGreenTroll wrote:

He makes a good point. Particularly the part about only people with the code can be kicked and banned.
Though this would make it so people who don't have the code, but are annoying and spamming the chat can't be kicked.
They could be muted with a mute function.

Last edited by Anon (Jan 3 2011 4:05:12 pm)

#15 Before February 2015

darkday

If a user is abusing the ban function, chances are that person's level wasn't even worth playing the first place.

#16 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

RayDof wrote:

It might not be ok to abuse it but its ok to have it. Its their choice, if they abuse it like I said before less and less people will go to their room and it should be the owner only who can use ban list for his/her rooms. And only the owner. Wouldnt want a "troll" to go into a random beta room and use ban list on ever one now would we. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

But why should you be able to kick and ban people that can't affect your room in any negative ways?

#17 Before February 2015

mrvalley

the way i see it, all we need is a friends list and an enemy list (maybe rename ignore?).  

what exactly are we discussing here?

#18 Before February 2015

darkday

a friends and enemy list without a ban function would leave creators of levels unable to boot trolls and key spammers.

#19 Before February 2015

Anon

Key spammers are the fault of poor level design, as said above.
Fix the problem and ruin their fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

FMaster wrote:

That is completely off-topic here. We're discussing ban lists to fix trolling in rooms, not filters in chat.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#21 Before February 2015

FMaster

JadElClemens wrote:
FMaster wrote:

That is completely off-topic here. We're discussing ban lists to fix trolling in rooms, not filters in chat.

Well, I mean, If you could only ban people that have code, the people that spam/annoy in the chat could be ignored with a ignore list //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#22 Before February 2015

capasha

I have been kicked in a lot of rooms for no reasons before. And i will never join again after that.
Abusing kids let them have their fun and don't join again. Ban should work on anyone even if they don't have the code.
Then if someone of you don't agree then go and cry to mommy. Banhammer ftw.

#23 Before February 2015

mrvalley

by 'ignore list', i meant a list in that players on it can't edit your room, even if the have the code.   if you run into a troller, just add him to the ignore list.   if they don't have a username, well, how the hell did he get the code in the first place?

#24 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

TheGreenTroll wrote:
RayDof wrote:

But why should you be able to kick and ban people that can't affect your room in any negative ways?

silence, troll...   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

if you've been kicked, it's because you **** off the owner.   nobody just randomly goes on ban-sprees.   unless of course, they aren't done their level, in which case you shouldn't interrupt them.   the worst thing in the world for a level is for the creator to rush because they feel the need to keep ahead of some player.   that's when you get crappo games.

#25 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Okay, here's the deal. In SOME way we need to be able to make sure someone CANNOT get the code. Even if they do get the code, it will not work for them because you put them on an enemy/troll list. Chris, can we get one of these? Also, a friends list that automatically gives the users in the list godpowers, editing, and command privileges (possibly not the last one) we need these.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

JadElClemens1423726638234794

Board footer