Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

tokebot

Leveltimer

i think it would be great if there would be race-objects
imagine you have a start- and finishline blocktype, if you pass the startblock the timer will start and when you pass the finishblock the timer will stop.
Ontop of that imagine a world-specific leaderboard with the best times for this level.

#2 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

Re: Leveltimer

Nice idea

#3 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

found a hook jump.... quit ....

#4 Before February 2015

karim

^off-topic much?

#5 Before February 2015

Lukanas

karim wrote:

^off-topic much?

well its on topic... so u fail lol and i like this idea

#6 Before February 2015

karim

Lukanas wrote:
karim wrote:

^off-topic much?

well its on topic... so u fail lol and i like this idea

PLEASE explain how kaos`s post is on-topic.

he said "found a hook jump..... quit...."
and the OP is about a level timer........

so YOU made your failure harder lol

[/offtopic]

#7 Before February 2015

tokebot

i can explain how it's on topic:

"Oh man this time is gonna be awesome, i'm unstoppable

*hangs on hookjump for 5 minutes and is overtaken by anyone*

"noooooooooooooooooo my time... damn you hookjumps"

*ragequit*

#8 Before February 2015

karim

^now i get it lol

anyway, lets get back on topic

i like the idea, it would make the game harder.... but challenging and interesting //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

+rep //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#9 Before February 2015

mrvalley

i still have no idea what you are saying, but i do see a bug.   say you pass the start, but the race ends before you finish it.   you fall down, and you go back to the start, with your old time.   it needs to reset whenever you pass the start block.   also maybe a new block where if your time is below a certain number, it disappears, getting you access to, lets say, the code.

by 'hookjump', do you mean that kind of jump with 1 block, then another 3 tiles directly above it and to get past it you need to jump the the left (or right), then move right (or left) so that you move to the side of the block then above it to land on it?

Last edited by mrvalley (Jan 25 2011 7:41:13 am)

#10 Before February 2015

tokebot

mrvalley wrote:

i still have no idea what you are saying, but i do see a bug.   say you pass the start, but the race ends before you finish it.   you fall down, and you go back to the start, with your old time.   it needs to reset whenever you pass the start block.   also maybe a new block where if your time is below a certain number, it disappears, getting you access to, lets say, the code.

this has certainly nothing to do with keyblock races (which i hate). With these new blocks you could set a start and endpoint for your world where the fastest times are saved in a leaderboard. So for example in my world (in my sig) i would put the start blockline somewhere in the first room and the finish blockline in the last. And the fastest players would compete against each other to shave off 2 or 3 seconds from the best time.

This gives people the incentive to revisit worlds apart from farming coins

#11 Before February 2015

tokebot

mrvalley wrote:

by 'hookjump', do you mean that kind of jump with 1 block, then another 3 tiles directly above it and to get past it you need to jump the the left (or right), then move right (or left) so that you move to the side of the block then above it to land on it?

and yes, a hookjump is something like this
ThL8Z.png

i have no problems with these but there seems to be a growing number of EE players who realize that conventional hookjumps are boring and overused

tokebot 1423727064234368

Board footer