Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Kuech

Coins for Energy

After thinking about the probability of getting a magic coin, I was wondering if there was a way to keep track of all the coins that a player has collected (like a bank) and then using those coins to purchase energy instantly...

So basically a bank of coins and a part of the shop to use those coins to purchase energy (to purchase items)

Any thoughts?

#2 Before February 2015

Wezza

Re: Coins for Energy

so u spend energy.. to get energy?

#3 Before February 2015

Kuech

no you spend coins to get energy

#4 Before February 2015

NikK

This would be easily abused. You create a world, fill it with coins, get the coins, free energy.

#5 Before February 2015

Kuech

or you could put a coin limit and timer.....
(ex. [#of coins for energy: x/1000 coins]   once it gets to 1000/1000 you get x amount of energy (if energy bar isn't full) then the player won't be able to get coins for energy for 3hrs once energy bar isn't full)

to clarify, if I get 1000 coins I would get (lets say 3 energy) and my energy bar is full. Once I spend energy on items, The timer will start and once that amount of time has passed, I can go for more energy.

Or.....

have energy "packs" in the shop like:   1 Energy for 1000 coins,   3 Energy for 4500 coins,   5 Energy for 5000 coins, 10 Energy for 10000 coins etc.
and they can buy Energy 1 time each hour.

#6 Before February 2015

Doghana

maybe there should be something like only the first 100 coins of each level you collect count towars your bank? or like 1000 coins = 1 energy?

#7 Before February 2015

Kuech

Yeah that would work! Good thinking Doghana!

#8 Before February 2015

mrvalley

another idea: the energy you get is based on the percentage of coins that are in a level that you collect.   say for example that for every 20% of a levels coins you collect, you receive 1 energy (these numbers are only for demonstration).   a level has 10 coins in it, and you collect all 10.   you get 5 energy.   a level has 50 coins in it, you still collect 10, but you only get 1 energy this time.  

the only flaw with this is that i once saw someone who came up with a program that continuously deleted and re spawned coins while players circled around it (it was labeled as a magic coin generator).   i tried to find it again, but can't.   i'm assuming that it was deleted.

#9 Before February 2015

Fer22f

This not work..... I garantee will have much more farms and hacking to get it.

#10 Before February 2015

Kuech

mrvalley wrote:

i once saw someone who came up with a program that continuously deleted and re spawned coins while players circled around it (it was labeled as a magic coin generator).   i tried to find it again, but can't.   i'm assuming that it was deleted.

Yeah I was in that level once.....

mrvalley wrote:

another idea: the energy you get is based on the percentage of coins that are in a level that you collect.   say for example that for every 20% of a levels coins you collect, you receive 1 energy (these numbers are only for demonstration).   a level has 10 coins in it, and you collect all 10.   you get 5 energy.   a level has 50 coins in it, you still collect 10, but you only get 1 energy this time.

This is also a very good idea

#11 Before February 2015

Panic

Hmmm, If anything like this is put in, I'll sit in my own room, select coin, click on myself and keep the mouse down. Instant coin spam.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#12 Before February 2015

NikK

I've got a better idea:

Leave it as it is, that way we could just play the game and be happy! Great alternative!

#13 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Panic wrote:

Hmmm, If anything like this is put in, I'll sit in my own room, select coin, click on myself and keep the mouse down. Instant coin spam.

acctually, you have to delete the coin that is there, then replace it with another coin to be able to do that.   plus, it would be hard to put the coins in the right place if you are constantly moving, you might misplace it and delete the up gravity arrows.

#14 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

NikK wrote:

This would be easily abused. You create a world, fill it with coins, get the coins, free energy.

Yep, I agree

Kuech 1423727318234114

Board footer