Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Watereye

Down gravity Arrows

I was making traps and playing with my friend and i was missing something on my trap...Down gravity arrows. I was thinking ideas they can do like if I can make like up arrows against down arrows and people can go up and down and up again and down making people higher and flinged up or down.

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Down gravity Arrows

There already IS a down arrow. It looks like nothing. Cause that's what it is //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

haythere

A down arrow would do the exact same thing as an empty block.

#4 Before February 2015

Watereye

But it would have more force and make people can't jump or other stuff

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You can jump the same height for any of the other arrows, would it make sense to add 1 superpowered arrow?

- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Do we rly need a down arrow? -_-

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

No, we don't. If we had a super down arrow the game would become unbalanced and we'd need super up, down, left and right arrows. And that would mean new graphics and probably a stupid update for a pointless feature. Just try to imagine Chris implementing this in the game. This would be overall not worth the effort when you could just surround them with blocks.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

They could only be for aesthetics/ incresting down gravity.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#9 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

What could increasing gravity achieve? Still doesn't seem worth the effort. And what if people tried to use them in a afk with no walls like the ones they do now? Then it would fail.

- ShinsukeIto

#10 Before February 2015

Sabrillian

I believe jumping would acquire the same physics as a down arrow. I'm not entirely sure, though.

#11 Before February 2015

coolio

im confused O.o
if you add a down arrow, its just confusing cuz then the world would not have a real default, and then what would be the point of a blank spot??? absolutely nothing.

#12 Before February 2015

emanresu

They wouldn't be completely useless. They would stop you from jumping as high. You could make a minigame where you have to jump into a pit of up gravity arrows to break through the down gravity arrows. They would also be good for aesthetic purposes on coasters so you don't have those awkward breaks in your arrow paths when you drop down.

Last edited by emanresu (Jan 27 2011 5:41:38 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Bad idea for down arrows, they're TOTALLY POINTLESS

#14 Before February 2015

Watereye

What about this example... I'm making a trap or something and i want the person to go down there into the trap.The person get pushed over to the right and goes down and flings up.

#15 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

emanresu wrote:

They wouldn't be completely useless. They would stop you from jumping as high. You could make a minigame where you have to jump into a pit of up gravity arrows to break through the down gravity arrows. They would also be good for aesthetic purposes on coasters so you don't have those awkward breaks in your arrow paths when you drop down.

Those coasters are exactly what I'm talking about. If you use down arrows it would make it uneven or if you were making the cool ones without ANY walls it would make them fail.

- ShinsukeIto

#16 Before February 2015

mrvalley

if you want to keep someone from jumping, just make a hole 2 blocks deep, and line the botton part with zero gravity dots.   there would be no use whatsoever for down gravity arrows.

#17 Before February 2015

musuki

As has been said, they already exist.

#18 Before February 2015

rdococ

Different55 wrote:

There already IS a down arrow. It looks like nothing. Cause that's what it is //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile.

Yep, and that down arrow is an eraser not nothing.

#19 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

THANK YOU! for bringing this back from the dead, I COMPLETELY wanted it alive again [/sarcasm]

- ShinsukeIto

#20 Before February 2015

LuigiMadness71

I think he only wants a down arrow for style... like keys when there are any doors or gates i the lvl. (And vice versa) that just dont do anything. They make things looks matrix-like.

#21 Before February 2015

mrvalley

on the one hand, it is completely useless and only for decoration.   then again, we do have blocks that are only there for decoration (holiday brick packs).

Watereye 1423727479233953

Board footer