Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Chimi

Code Level System

Hey.

What if there were three levels of Godliness. There could be two separate codes on saved levels.

Level One-

The players with this code can...
-Edit the blocks
-Activate God mode

---These players can not...
---Save the level
---Change the Level 1 code
---Create, destroy or edit spawn points

Level Two-

-Edit the blocks
-Activate God mode      (or possibly activate a special god mode, unlike the normal one and the EE mod one.)
-Change the level 1 code
-Kick other players
-Save the level
-Create, destroy or edit spawn points

---Change the level 2 code
---Change the World Name

Level Three

This is the owner of the level. This person can do anything to the level, including everything that level 1 and 2 can do, plus Changing the world name and both the codes. This person is the Supreme Ruler of that particular world. Noone except the owner of the level can ever become Level Three.

Another Option:
Two Codes, but the owner gets to decide the special privileges for Level One and Level Two, individually. There could be a row of Check marks that the Owner would decide whether to check or not, for each privilege.

This would help Groups work together, or show off their level mid-way through. They could give out the Level One code to everyone, but only mark the privilege to Activate God Mode. The players could move around and see everything, while the builders have Level Two access.

Thanks to StormShadow for the great idea.

#2 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Code Level System

Would over-complicate things.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Different55 wrote:

Would over-complicate things.

I don't think so, because there are just 2 codes. It's better.

#4 Before February 2015

Burnett

Wow great idea.That's realy useful for anti-trolling.You find the answer to stop trollers.

#5 Before February 2015

Panic

Make one below level 1, which is god mode only. Also, other people being able to save your level = permanent troll. It will take forever to fix it up if it's a level that took a long time to make. Being able to kick others = ABUSE MUCH.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#6 Before February 2015

Chimi

Panic wrote:

Make one below level 1, which is god mode only. Also, other people being able to save your level = permanent troll. It will take forever to fix it up if it's a level that took a long time to make. Being able to kick others = ABUSE MUCH.

This can be solved by changing the priveleges of level 1 and level 2 players. You don't have to give them the ability to kick. This could be useful, though, if the level owner isn't currently online, and he wants one person to be level 2, and gives them this privilege.

@Different55  
  There could probably be a simple way to go about this. All we need to do is keep the feedback coming, and we could figure out how this should be done.

#7 Before February 2015

Panic

Maybe you could give a person the abilities without actually giving them the code. If you didn't have chat, click on a person and a menu with abilities to give appears. For chat, maybe something like /level2 -usernamegoeshere- to give that person level 2 abilities without them being able to give out the code to others. You could also have some list of abilities to give for the chat command too. Click on whatever abilities you want to give to the person and they will get those abilities and only those abilities.

EDIT: For example, if you wanted someone you trusted to help you with security and stuff, you could only give them god mode and kicking ability.

Last edited by Panic (Feb 13 2011 5:50:45 pm)

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#8 Before February 2015

Chimi

Yea. That sounds pretty cool, Panic. Perhaps everyone could see a list of players with abilites, and what the abilities are. (Or maybe just those with abilities have this list)

#9 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

This could definitely be useful, and I don't think it'd be very complicated. We'd need PMs in chat first.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#10 Before February 2015

Chimi

I don't believe this concept should be availible exclusively to those with chat.

#11 Before February 2015

Panic

I don't see any method of implementing this for non-chatters other than giving them the chat side-bar, but with the username list only and making them click for a way to kick or give abilities.
Sorry if that sounds confusing, I'm really tired.

#12 Before February 2015

Chimi

No, I understand it. I think the chat sidebar should be given to all members, for things such as this. Commands could be used, but the players couldn't see chat messages, or send chant messages themselves.

#13 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

chimi wrote:

Hey.

What if there were three levels of Godliness. There could be two separate codes on saved levels.

Level One-

-Edit the blocks
-Activate God mode

---Save the level
---Change the Level 1 code
---Create, destroy or edit spawn points

Level Two-

-Edit the blocks
-Activate God mode      (or possibly activate a special god mode, unlike the normal one and the EE mod one.)
-Change the level 1 code
-Kick other players
-Save the level
-Create, destroy or edit spawn points

---Change the level 2 code
---Change the World Name

Level Three

This is the owner of the level. This person can do anything to the level, including everything that level 1 and 2 can do, plus Changing the world name and both the codes. This person is the Supreme Ruler of that particular world. Noone except the owner of the level can ever become Level Three.

Another Option:
Two Codes, but the owner gets to decide the special privileges for Level One and Level Two, individually. There could be a row of Check marks that the Owner would decide whether to check or not, for each privilege.

This would help Groups work together, or show off their level mid-way through. They could give out the Level One code to everyone, but only mark the privilege to Activate God Mode. The players could move around and see everything, while the builders have Level Two access.

Thanks to StormShadow for the great idea.

I think this would be a sort of bad idea. Sorry. Some of the things are o.k. but some aren't

PaNFnqB.png

Chimi 1423727637233795

Board footer