Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Disappearing coins

Disappearing coins

Description
Disappearing coins would look like normal coins, but they would disappear if the player touches it. They would be counted in the coin totals, but after the player touches it, the coin disappears, and the coin totals would be decreased by one. Disappearing coins would be marked with a "D" in the coin block's corner for the editors.

Example
If a level contains 2 normal, and 3 disappearing coins, and the player touched all the normal coins, but just 1 disappearing coin, the coin counter would show that the player actually has got 2/4 coins.

Last edited by Jojatekok (Feb 18 2011 7:04:39 am)

#2 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Re: Disappearing coins

putting a 'D' in the corner would kind of defeat the entire purpose of the idea.   i think this has also already been suggested.

#3 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

mrvalley wrote:

putting a 'D' in the corner would kind of defeat the entire purpose of the idea.   i think this has also already been suggested.

Thanks for the review! I corrected it now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#4 Before February 2015

Panic

That would be kind of confusing. Lemme attempt to give you an example.
Imagine there is a building, with 40 identical rooms. There is 1 person with 10 balloons in each room. Every balloon is numbered. Some balloon numbers have stuff inside, others do not. Every now and then, some random person in a random room will pop a random balloon. Your job, (the server), is to remember who popped what balloon, where, and whether or not there is stuff inside. I'm not even talking about people leaving and joining yet.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#5 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I didn't understand a word of that. I speak geek better than noob //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 Before February 2015

Panic

*Facepalm*
Person in a room = 1 person
Balloon with stuff inside = regular coin
Empty balloon = fake coin
Popping balloons = getting coins
Hopefully that clears things up a tiny bit, unless you just don't understand at all. o.O
I'm no tech person.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#7 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Panic wrote:

Imagine there is a building, with 40 identical rooms. There is 1 person with 10 balloons in each room. Every balloon is numbered. Some balloon numbers have stuff inside, others do not. Every now and then, some random person in a random room will pop a random balloon. Your job, (the server), is to remember who popped what balloon, where, and whether or not there is stuff inside. I'm not even talking about people leaving and joining yet.

Great explanation, you are very wise //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#8 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Panic wrote:

i dont think you fully understand how computers keep track of these things.   adding a 'fake' coin would only require that another slot of memory has a new value associated with it.   it would not make the server 'confused', and it might frustrate users, but it wouldn't confuse them.

Jojatekok 1423727733233699

Board footer