Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

SuperLevel

Troller Banning System

SCENARIO:   You just made your best level with a code at the end and have forgotten to save your level.   Someone plays your level, and wins.   Finally, you wait to see what they do with the code.   (Will they make art, or help players, or what?)   You see him go into 'God Mode' and he starts trolling your level!   Oh no!

ANSWER:   We should have a trolling system!   What the trolling system does is detects the block going in the normal troller's path, around and round, or up and down.   Most of the time they will be moving.   The system will detect that and give the troller a ban of energy or from the game.   What do you think?

EDIT: This may not be the right place to put this, I don't know.   It is a question, after all...

#2 Before February 2015

Monstar43

Re: Troller Banning System

Well,even though it ticks us off,trolling isn't against the rules.But the trolling system could ban them for XX minutes from a level.

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

this is more of a game suggestion, not a question or an answer. Also, trolling is not against the rules. So we can't ban trolls.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

Interrobang Team

Solution: save before writing code

#5 Before February 2015

Muffin

So you're saying if I'm alone filling in a level in a trollish fashion I should get kicked and lose all my progress? Heck no!

#6 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

1. It's a suggestion not a question. Moved.
2. Troller system? You mean anti-troller system
3. If you have a code at the end of your level and it's your best, you fail.

#7 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Even if we made that happen, trollers will still find a way to troll again, and again.

#8 Before February 2015

Rhythm

We could have limited god access.

Like you give this god one area... and restrict him from going somewhere else.. yeah.

#9 Before February 2015

Revolution

That will not work at all, when someone wants to make a user created map and they want to draw a big line I don't get the feeling they wanna worry about getting kicked for starting a map, even just filling in solid shapes, or if someone wnats to fill they'er map with a block... And besides trolling isn't against the rules, it's the owners desision to give out the code to who ever trolls. I do beleive a simple list woul'd sevice, like when 2/3 people mention a troll that person is added to this list, multiple voters is essential so they can't add a non-troller, just a random person they don't like to the list.

Last edited by Revolution (Apr 4 2011 6:07:04 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Advancé

It'd be good.

What would happen to the people using the auto builder?

#11 Before February 2015

mrvalley

they would probably get marked as trolls.   alternatively, you can have it just track how fast someone is placing blocks.   if they change more than a certain number of blocks in 10 seconds, then they get marked, but not kicked.   the owner can see the list of marked players and can kick them if he/she thinks that player is trolling, or unmark them if that player is just filling an area.

#12 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

-.-
First of all, it's troll, not troller.
Second of all, this would be hard to implement and could detect you and one of your helpers (someone trying to clean up the mess) making bricks (removing is still detected as making; you're creating blank gravity zone) and ban you or w/e

mrvalley wrote:

they would probably get marked as trolls.   alternatively, you can have it just track how fast someone is placing blocks.   if they change more than a certain number of blocks in 10 seconds, then they get marked, but not kicked.   the owner can see the list of marked players and can kick them if he/she thinks that player is trolling, or unmark them if that player is just filling an area.

^that's better.

Third of all, that'd require Chris doing more work, and we need an update as soon as we can.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Apr 5 2011 3:35:32 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#13 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I think we're fine as we are.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#14 Before February 2015

jakery

SuperLevel wrote:

level with a code at the end

That's like posting a sign outside your house saying, "You made it to my house! Congrats! Here's the keys to my front door and the disarm code to my security system."

I have no sympathy for you.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 6 2011 8:11:47 am)

SuperLevel 1423729406232026

Board footer