Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

New Block Suggestions

So I don't really come on this topic much so forgive me if someone has mentioned these
before.

First off: In-game layers

Layer 1 can be like a background. The blocks will only exist to serve as looks. On the minimap they can look like regular blocks, but in game they will be slightly opaque so people know they are not soid

Layer 2 and layer 3 could be mixing layers. Say you put a blue block on layer 2, then a yellow block on layer 3, all together it should look green.

Then users should be able to toggle layers either solid, or opaque. So opaque layers are just like background layers, solid layers are for playing on.

Second: Invisible Gravity

I like this idea so in the game people would randomly change gravity. It would create new challenges and minigame ideas.

Third: Orange and yellow basic blocks. There are a lack of just regular orange and yellow blocks. I know there is metal, but I think yellow and orgnae basic blocks would look better in the game

Fourth: Art tools

This is pretty self explanatory

Fill bucket, Straight line tool, shape tool

Fifth: Animated blocks

I know this is already possible WITH animator, but I think you should be able to program the blocks in game. You would have to pick the object you want to move, and select the direction it moves, and the speed. It would also show the movement on the minimap as well. Just imagine the art and minigame possibilities //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Sixth: Spoils system/ rewards

Ok so right now there are only 3 ways to get energy. A: Magic Coins, B: Winning a contest, and C: Being an in-moderator. And since magic coins are rare it is difficult to get an increase in energy. So my next idea is 2 more ways to get energy. First is a reference system. Say an existing user refers this site to a friend, and then another friend and so on. The original user should get some type of reward for getting another person to sign up for EE. I would say like +10 energy a per person. Seems fair right? My second idea is levels with rewards.
     Levels with rewards would be levels that once you complete them you get a certain amount of energy. First off only admins could pick levels with rewards. They would be levels that have excellent art, and excellent minis. Then if you beat it,without using god mode, you get that amount of energy. And, it would only work once per level to avoid users get a ton of energy. This might not only encourage people to play good levels, but also encourage people to make better levels in hopes of getting their level chosen to be a level with rewards.
     The amount of energy received per level should be based on the levels difficulty, and the creators should get some energy as well for putting so much effort into a level.

So these are my ideas, I hope they are taken into consideration. -Fail
Suggestions by other users

Drummer - Coingates- Gates that close after you get a certain amount of coins (opposite of coin doors)

ARN64- A non-jumpable block, once you touch this block you cannot jump as long as you are on top of it

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 14 2011 5:50:41 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Re: New Block Suggestions

Not everything is possible with animator, but I like your Layer ideas...

Last edited by Betaguy (Apr 8 2011 1:34:38 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Ok and your point is?

#4 Before February 2015

Calicara

Jojomanjo wrote:

Ok and your point is?

I don't understand. This is the game suggestions forum, and these are my suggestions. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

#5 Before February 2015

ARN64

A little weird ideas, I want ypur ide "can be like a background. The blocks will only exist to serve as looks. On the minimap they can look like regular blocks, but in game they will be slightly opaque so people know they are not soid". Shpuld be in the shop a "Backround package" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#6 Before February 2015

drummer

I have an other idea to ad to the list, coingates: gates that close if you have X coins (the opposite of coindoors)

#7 Before February 2015

Calicara

drummer wrote:

I have an other idea to ad to the list, coingates: gates that close if you have X coins (the opposite of coindoors)

I will, that is a great idea xD

#8 Before February 2015

ARN64

another idea

A block that if u touch it u can't jump //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#9 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Already suggested as "sticky brick"

#10 Before February 2015

EEguy

All of them are good, except art tools. It would be helpful, but then it would be a lot easier to make good art, and the work of the best artist would be less appreciated(<- translator). Well, that's just my opinion.

#11 Before February 2015

Calicara

EDIT: Added Spoils system/Rewards

Calicara 1423729785231647

Board footer