Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

M00nkey

Bill Boards!

My idea of billboards was to create a sign... You could buy signs in the shop using energy! like 2 types of signs... 5x5 sign, and a 10x10 sign. But instead of using blocks to make signs... USE TEXT!! coloredtext,textsize,textstyle,Background style,backgroundcolor.
If you have any other suggestions about how to add to the signs or give examples of how they work i would like to see them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile !

My Example:

EXAMPLE DELETED Due to complainers talking about how drawing on signs is bad! And by bad I mean Drawing bad things! Like perverted things, and mean things! If you post something about how you wont use them for bad to me is considered a troll and I will be suspicous about what you said XP.

Last edited by M00nkey (May 26 2011 6:46:09 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Olip96

Re: Bill Boards!

I absolutely love the idea, but why not making single 1x1 sign blocks instead of the big ones so you can make custom shapes ?

Anyway, hope this feature will get into the game.

#3 Before February 2015

Pandapo

Is never gone happen, people can chat with it...

#4 Before February 2015

jakery

Pandapo wrote:

Why would that prevent it from happening?

#5 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Then make a feature that only people with chat & beta can buy them.

#6 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Noo, just chat. Btw isn't this very related to the signs suggestion?

#7 Before February 2015

Pandapo

jakery wrote:
Pandapo wrote:

Why would that prevent it from happening?

Maybe it will happen, if only people with chat can buy and read it or something, but its the same point as why you need to buy chat.

#8 Before February 2015

Muftwin

no this can only be used by the owner of the room

you have to be pretty dumb if you get offended with out being able to talk back =/

i kinda like this idea kinda think its pointless

Last edited by Muftwin (May 23 2011 7:00:21 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Silverheart

i like it, but there should be a text tool, because i know from experience it's hard to write with a mouse, or a tablet.

#10 Before February 2015

labontandrei

neeeh is not good idea in map is need triangle, square and others but this is an example but if you have a troller that: |

#11 Before February 2015

jakery

labontandrei wrote:

neeeh is not good idea in map is need triangle, square and others but this is an example but if you have a troller that: |

What does this have to do with the billboard idea?

#12 Before February 2015

Olip96

Actually, if the billboards could only be used in saved worlds and by the room owner, there is no way they can be used to chat.

As everybody can write something on the world with blocks regardless having chat or not , it's pretty much the same ...

Last edited by Olip96 (May 23 2011 2:46:21 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Chimi

QdI08.png

There's no good way to censor these.

#14 Before February 2015

Olip96

Chimi wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/QdI08.png

I said it, it's easy to write that kind of words with the blocks and on the world actually, and in those cases the world gets deleted by an EE mod.

It will be the same thing with billboards, I don't really see the problem here.

#15 Before February 2015

M00nkey

Guys... Listen... You have to buy them... And you can only have a certain amount...
It doesnt matter if you need chat... People use blocks to chat ALL THE TIME... So stop whining. the billboards are for signs so you dont have to make huge letters to show your place but instead use a "giant welcome" sign. This idea popped in my head from having to write down stupiditly huge signs. Also if they write down cusses in the sign so what? Plus stop worrying about problems that people can do! Just role with it :rolleyes:. Oh and chimi... Get your own example XD. Oh and Olip96. Great idea of making it savedworlds/world owner only people can use it. Cause i wasnt thinking of that when i came up with the idea so great work coming up with that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile. Also pandapo, As refered before only MAP OWNERS can use it... Also this is my idea so stop coming up with ways to negate this into something else...

Last edited by M00nkey (May 24 2011 9:47:32 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

M00nkey wrote:

Guys... Listen... You have to buy them... And you can only have a certain amount...
It doesnt matter if you need chat... (1) People use blocks to chat ALL THE TIME... So stop whining. (1) the billboards are for signs so you dont have to make huge letters to show your place but instead use a "giant welcome" sign. This idea popped in my head from having to write down stupiditly huge signs. (2) Also if they write down cusses in the sign so what? (2) Plus stop worrying about problems that people can do! Just role with it :rolleyes:. Oh and chimi... Get your own example XD. Oh and Olip96. Great idea of making it savedworlds/world owner only people can use it. Cause i wasnt thinking of that when i came up with the idea so great work coming up with that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I agree with how you can chat with blocks but, putting that aside.

"I Just Can't Explain How Wrong Is This,"

#17 Before February 2015

M00nkey

I cant explain what you mean by "How wrong is this" But otherwise i think they would be used for creating signs talking about things or rules for certain levels like "Zombies vs. Humans" or "Ninja get code" levels. I just thought it would be better than putting HUGE letters wasting your world space and spending more time making your level.

#18 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

The reason why you need to pay 1 cent for chat is because Chris wants permission from adults 18+ for little kids to chat. That is why you will need to have chat to buy a billboard.

In my opinion it is a stupid rule, because anybody with the code can just write swears/other inappropriate things with blocks.

#19 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

And this shouldnt be implemented.

If you say 'So what If there's cussing?'

As Greenzoid said, It will be a NON-Kid Friendly Game.

#20 Before February 2015

cheezpuffs

why not put in an auto-censorer, it will scan what your sign (or whatever you wanna call it) says and if it recognises the formation of pixels that make up the word, it changes it to a more suitable word
like:

f**k off -> go away
oh s**t -> uh oh

something like that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 Before February 2015

Olip96

cheezpuffs wrote:

why not put in an auto-censorer, it will scan what your sign (or whatever you wanna call it) says and if it recognises the formation of pixels that make up the word, it changes it to a more suitable word
like:

f**k off -> go away
oh s**t -> uh oh

something like that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wouldn't it be a bit too complicated to code and implement that thing ?

Human moderation would be alot better and more efficient than your idea (and nothing guarantees that it will work all the time) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#22 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Chimi wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/QdI08.png

We can easily do it with bricks... and we can then see it on the minimap...

I love this idea! +rep

#23 Before February 2015

M00nkey

Guys & gals... I want to use signs for creating : 1.Welcome signs, 2. Congratulation for winning signs, 3. Ninja get code signs, 4. Rules for certain GET CODE places, 5. Human vs. Zombie rules, AND 6. some wierd comic making things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile. WHAT NOT TO DO WITH SIGNS : 1.Curse with them, 2.Write down perverted things, 3.Write down (name of person) IS A TROLL >:D to get random people to attack that person for no reason, 3. Be a dirt bag and talk bad and use peoples names for bad reasons, AND TO TOP IT ALL 4. RACISM : To think you are superior about a different race,country,person, etc. And 5 the one i would love to say 5. NO CRAP DRAWINGS. If you think 5 is a joke cause then you are right. All i want to do with the signs is have fun and welcome people. Not be a butt head and talk trash about people,things, and races... Anyways I just thought it would be fun to have those //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Not to be said to me "YOU CAN CURSE,TROLL,BE PERVY DERP HERP DERP".

Otherwise just move on from cursing and get to idea suggesting on how this would work right!

News: COMING UP... MORE SUGGESTION ON BLOCKS o.o!

Last edited by M00nkey (May 25 2011 12:05:11 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

Rockyz

how about Moderation so a mod can check it and it says Pending on the Bill Board
Then a mod will accept it if it's appropiate not just mods maybe we could have a new group
called Pending Mods xD

Anyway that may help u with your idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#25 Before February 2015

M00nkey

NEW IDEA FOR SIGNS... signs with recorded audio! Use microphones or random sounds 10 secs long.

My Example

GOTO PAGE 2>>>

Last edited by M00nkey (May 25 2011 2:52:25 pm)

M00nkey 1423731342230090

Board footer