Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Removing disliked users

As I'm sure most of you understand, there's a pretty bold line between Noob players and Good players. As it stands, we're mixing the two as if we are one group of people. Nu-uh. The advanced player deserves a better playing field and a better lobby.

Unfortunately we can't just split the two groups of people. Instead, have the option to remove a user from your EE screen. If you remove the user, it does not affect them in any way. To you, however, you cannot see their levels in the lobby, when they press a key it does not register on your screen, and you do not see their messages in the chat. It's like the ultimate mute button. You don't want anything to do with this user at all.

Unfortunately, with they key issue, this can make it possible to "cheat" your way through most key machines. Maybe, if one person hits a key for more then 30 seconds then they are kicked for key-trolling. I'm not sure.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Last edited by Tako (Jul 12 2011 1:39:02 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Re: Removing disliked users

I like this idea! +Rep

#3 Before February 2015

DryKirby

What if you're a good player who doesn't have chat?

if a girl does not have yuri then she is lost

but that same girl can be lost in the yuri

#4 Before February 2015

EEguy

@DryKirby: Chat or no chat doesn't matter I think, if you're a good player you can be chosen.
I like the idea, I see you (Tako) are doing your best with suggestions and stuff to get rid of those noobs, and I'm supporting you. +Rep

#5 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

So it's basically voting on what the next update is since we both noobs and pros have different tastes?

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#6 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Yeah, sorta. I don't know about voting on updates, probably.

#7 Before February 2015

correiajoao

Good ideia!

#8 Before February 2015

tokebot

there was a motion to split beta from normal for new development, but the majority of players was against that so it never happened.
this prevented more focused development on new features.

#9 Before February 2015

Wezza

No. Everybody has to be treated the same way. No matter you're a noob or advanced player, no matter if you're just born or almost dead.

#10 Before February 2015

dasuper11

and the noobs won't be inspired, and they will stay noobs and play stupid levels, correct?

Last edited by dasuper11 (Jul 12 2011 8:41:14 am)

#11 Before February 2015

Hybrog

I'm for and against this concept. Sure, key trolls and other varieties of trolls worsen play value, but we were all once noobs. Many would quit EE due to the feeling that they are not talented enough to play a flash game. Plus, there are many undiscovered good players no doubt that would be left to the noobs. This will also create more work for Chris, making less frequent updates. However, having no trolls and noobs is a good idea, despite what I said. It should be put under more thought though if we try to go through with it.

Last edited by Hybrog (Jul 12 2011 3:14:27 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Wezza wrote:

No. Everybody has to be treated the same way. No matter you're a noob or advanced player, no matter if you're just born or almost dead.

Can you explain more, and how it contributes to making EE a better place?

@Hybrog: Yeah... it's very cruel.

Well, how about this: We keep the clients, but we have the option to erase a member from your game-play. They still play the level, they still press keys, collect magic and everything else. But when you remove them, you cannot see them on the mini-map, when they press a key it does not register, and if they chat you do not see it. Also, you cannot see their levels in the lobby

It's the same idea, except this time you can customize who you see and who you do not see.

#13 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Um... name changed.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#14 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Thank you.

#15 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

hybrog wrote:

Sure, key trolls and other varietiies of trolls worsen play value, but webwere all once noobs.

Some people are noobs longer than others for example when I started playing I was a noob(like everybody else), but I knew a great player in person so he taught me the way of the pros. I'm also a natural born gamer. Why not educate the noobs on how to be pros, so there will be more of one group so ee can develop along the pro side.

#16 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

a3person wrote:

Why not educate the noobs on how to be pros, so there will be more of one group so ee can develop along the pro side.

Because it's impossible?

#17 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Is not. If we guestbomb the best levels long enough eventually the noobs will think "ok this s what people like now, so I want views so I'll make this type of level" and then we'll have noobs making half-good levels. Better than the stairs crap they had going.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#18 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

TakoMan02 wrote:
a3person wrote:

Why not educate the noobs on how to be pros, so there will be more of one group so ee can develop along the pro side.

Because it's impossible?

Nothing is impossible. It's just really really difficult.

#19 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

I think if all us pros take a noob under our wing, we can get the population halved.   Then if the newly pro-ed noobs mentor a noob, we can all be pro.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#20 Before February 2015

cheezpuffs

you mean blocking? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

love the idea! +1 rep for you!

#21 Before February 2015

Wezza

TakoMan02 wrote:
Wezza wrote:

Well, how about this: We keep the clients, but we have the option to erase a member from your game-play. They still play the level, they still press keys, collect magic and everything else. But when you remove them, you cannot see them on the mini-map, when they press a key it does not register, and if they chat you do not see it. Also, you cannot see their levels in the lobby

It's the same idea, except this time you can customize who you see and who you do not see.

Hmm, why does EE have to be made in to a better place? Considering that making EE a better place in your opinion is removing addicted and maybe donating users of EE.

Someone making a level, which doesn't have to be good (maybe sprites or stairs/hooks) and then suddenly someone comes and asks for code. The level owner gives the code and the receiver start trolling. The troller doesn't get popular in the opinion of the level owner and art/mini makers of the level. But vise versa, the troller will get popular in a group such as TI:1. It's hard to choose disliked players cause there is always someone that likes the person.

The disliked person who might have put hours of work in the game now suddenly gets banned with a message saying "We hate you, you're banned from EE". You can't do such thing.

In every game you come, all over the world, there will be a disliked player. This player won't get banned for getting hated on.

#22 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Wezza wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
Wezza wrote:

Hmm, why does EE have to be made in to a better place? Considering that making EE a better place in your opinion is removing addicted and maybe donating users of EE.

Someone making a level, which doesn't have to be good (maybe sprites or stairs/hooks) and then suddenly someone comes and asks for code. The level owner gives the code and the receiver start trolling. The troller doesn't get popular in the opinion of the level owner and art/mini makers of the level. But vise versa, the troller will get popular in a group such as TI:1. It's hard to choose disliked players cause there is always someone that likes the person.

The disliked person who might have put hours of work in the game now suddenly gets banned with a message saying "We hate you, you're banned from EE". You can't do such thing.

In every game you come, all over the world, there will be a disliked player. This player won't get banned for getting hated on.

Did you read the OP... at all? That's not what this is at all.

#23 Before February 2015

Wezza

Was just to make a statement (; And I do read the OP, but I didn't found it necessarily for me to react to it.

#24 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ok then, do you want to try again?

Tako1423732501228931

Board footer