Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Get your money back when banned

I mean, it makes sense.

Say you buy a big spender and a couple diamonds, then you get perma-banned. That's 250$ wasted. Never to be used again. Sayonara!

So, before we get hated by quite a few people, I'd suggest we give people their money back when they get perma-banned.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Re: Get your money back when banned

That's actually a very good idea. Problem is that lots of the accounts were created by users who entered faked credentials and information so sorting out the true ones from the false ones will be a very tricky matter, not to mention subject to potential scams.

It's a good sentiment though, one which I agree with. It's just that there's usually so many technical details to take in to consideration. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Also:
SOMEGUY: Awesome! look at all the coin doors I bought with my 100000 gems. Now I can fill a Great world!
*gets banned*
Chris: SOMEGUY bought lots of coindoors, and that must have been a lot of energy. But noone would buy that many gems, so no money back.
SOMEGUY: CHRIS Y U NO GIVE ME MY MONEY?
Chris: You got it all for energy, noone would get that many gems.
SOMEGUY: RAGERAGERAGE....

Last edited by calculusguy (Jul 18 2011 1:08:01 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Wezza

Well, good idea, but if someone gets banned on for ex. RuneScape you don't get you membership money back. This is basically cause they already spend it. People get banned for a reason and I think before giving the money back they should look up what for they got banned.

I see a flaw tho, when a good hacker comes and hacks 10 diamond and then gets himself banned for the money. The company never got his real money, but he did got banned with 10 diamonds. What happens then?

#5 Before February 2015

calculusguy

LOL I would hack somthing less expensive so noone notices like portals even though less money.

Last edited by calculusguy (Jul 18 2011 1:09:43 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Wezza wrote:

Well, good idea, but if someone gets banned on for ex. RuneScape you don't get you membership money back. This is basically cause they already spend it. People get banned for a reason and I think before giving the money back they should look up what for they got banned.

I see a flaw tho, when a good hacker comes and hacks 10 diamond and then gets himself banned for the money. The company never got his real money, but he did got banned with 10 diamonds. What happens then?

Chris would probably demand to see receipts for any PayPal transactions made to aquire gems. Anything else would probably be discarded.

#7 Before February 2015

Ruiner

I've never seen an online game that will refund you anything if you get banned. You generally agree to an EULA stating that you don't actually own any of your items or characters and they can be taken away from you at any time for any reason. Of course, EE doesn't have an EULA, but the little kids that make up its playerbase aren't exactly going to have the money or knowledge to sue.

#8 Before February 2015

Betaguy

I like the idea, but I dont think Chris will add it :/...

#9 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Ruiner wrote:

I've never seen an online game that will refund you anything if you get banned. You generally agree to an EULA stating that you don't actually own any of your items or characters and they can be taken away from you at any time for any reason. Of course, EE doesn't have an EULA, but the little kids that make up its playerbase aren't exactly going to have the money or knowledge to sue.

I don't think it's the kids that are buying things, it's the parents. And if parents spend a hundred dollars or so on ANYTHING, and for whatever reason they can't use it, they're going to want their money back.

#10 Before February 2015

Drsonic

Well, if someone gets banned, it's their own fault. They should see the consequences for breaking a rule. :/

b2172462789991e4d313feb9ed59730f.png

Snap: CrypticPi
Instagram: Noncryptic

#11 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

exactly. they should have known that what they are doing is wrong and should accept the fact they are banned its there fault

#12 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

They did something wrong and even get their money back for it, so if normal players don't like their beta account they are gonna make it shared so they will be banned, and then get their money back, not a very good idea I guess.

#13 Before February 2015

Toby

This idea is disastrous on so many levels. If you're perma-banned then you've done something wrong, you lose access to your account. Paying back money goes into a whole new ballpark of legalities and the systems to implement it would be rather complicated.

People who pay are less likely to break the rules, no other game offers refunds for a reason. I'd question even moreso giving someone money when we only ban for account fraud and the like, it's like a reward for being banned (i.e when you're tired with EE you could just get your money back) and it looses Chris money. It's hard to project profits when you've got a random amount going out as well.

Awful idea.

The solution is not to get banned.

#14 Before February 2015

Polar

The bans that I see are ostly shared accounts. If your going to make it a shared account, DON'T SPEND MONEY ON IT. IT WILL GET BANNED. The only idiotic shared account I've seen with the big spender is Jobhoekstra. Banned. Learn your lesson from that.

#15 Before February 2015

Wezza

Toby, you risk a minus rep by saying that.

#16 Before February 2015

Toby

Wezza wrote:

Truth hurts. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Does anyone actually care about rep?

#17 Before February 2015

Nou

Wezza wrote:

Toby should get infinitely +rep for that. This is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. You [Takoman02] say it makes sense? So if I buy some clothes in a shop and set the shop with my clothes on fire, I should get a refund? I don't think so. People get banned because they misbehave so they deserve to lose their money; it's their own responsibility. Don't give them an incentive to misbehave. Also, it would be like RENTING the items.

Just. No. No. NO!

No u.

#18 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

NOU had a complicated analogy.

Here's mine.

You go to a pizza place and you buy the pizza.

You eat the pizza, but leave half. (Nom Nom)

You go back to the store and ask for half of your money back because you ate half of the pizza only.

Does this seem fair?

WELL...

It's like you use the diamonds and the big spenders a lot. (Basically they are USED smileys and blocks, if you want to put it that way) Now you're expecting a refund on something you USED?

Bad Idea. Sorry.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#19 Before February 2015

Nico1a5

Chris never will agree with that https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#20 Before February 2015

hisss

The only reason i would want my money back is because the game isn't working and debugs a void of admin.
SO I WANT MY 1 CENT FOR CHAT BACK BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY AND NO MODS OR ADMINS ARE READING MY DEBUG! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#21 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

you are getting mad... over a penny that chris doesn't even have? Paypal has your penny, not Chris. Paypal takes a fee from every purchase of every EE user. 1 cent is well below that fee, so they take the penny. Chris has not made one cent off of chat.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#22 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Nou wrote:
Wezza wrote:

Toby should get infinitely +rep for that. This is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. You [Takoman02] say it makes sense? So if I buy some clothes in a shop and set the shop with my clothes on fire, I should get a refund? I don't think so. People get banned because they misbehave so they deserve to lose their money; it's their own responsibility. Don't give them an incentive to misbehave. Also, it would be like RENTING the items.

Just. No. No. NO!

Being banned often has little to do with the items themselves, making your example irrelevant. It's just good morals I'm talking about. Doing the right thing.

In no way is it right to allow them to buy and not use, no matter what happens. It doesn't matter if the person shared their account, spams the chat and gives death threats. They spent A LOT of money, and they deserve at least a portion of that money back to them in the case they get banned.

And what about accounts that get hacked and then banned? Just imagine how **** off you'd be if you went on vacation after buying $100 worth of gems only to find when you get back that you were banned.

And, if you like examples, try this one on for size: You just bought a backpack. You buy a couple diamonds, and put it in your backpack. Later that day, you punch some kid in the face. They take your backpack [and it's contents] away from you forever.

How on earth is that morally right?

[EDIT] Also, chat and beta = nothing.
[EDIT 2] ALSO, the whole point is to return some of your money. It doesn't have to be a full refund.

Last edited by Tako (Jul 21 2011 10:00:51 pm)

#23 Before February 2015

Chimi

Nou wrote:
Wezza wrote:

Just. No. No. NO!

You keep your clothes in a store? :rolleyes: How inefficient.

#24 Before February 2015

Nou

TakoMan02 wrote:
Nou wrote:
Wezza wrote:

Just. No. No. NO!

Being banned often has little to do with the items themselves, making your example irrelevant. It's just good morals I'm talking about. Doing the right thing.

In no way is it right to allow them to buy and not use, no matter what happens. It doesn't matter if the person shared their account, spams the chat and gives death threats. They spent A LOT of money, and they deserve at least a portion of that money back to them in the case they get banned.

And what about accounts that get hacked and then banned? Just imagine how **** off you'd be if you went on vacation after buying $100 worth of gems only to find when you get back that you were banned.

And, if you like examples, try this one on for size: You just bought a backpack. You buy a couple diamonds, and put it in your backpack. Later that day, you punch some kid in the face. They take your backpack [and it's contents] away from you forever.

How on earth is that morally right?

[EDIT] Also, chat and beta = nothing.
[EDIT 2] ALSO, the whole point is to return some of your money. It doesn't have to be a full refund.

Really? Punching children in the face seems like something to go unpunished? No point arguing any further //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

No u.

#25 Before February 2015

tokebot

there is no policy or anything legal anywhere in the energy-shop so it is to assume that all potential refunds would run over gambit or superrewards, from a quick google check i can say with certainty: that will never happen

If chris is smart he'd add a no-refund warning somewhere in the shop.

Tako1423733744227688

Board footer