Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

Music

Pike270 and I are avid fans of music. We like to compose and make our own music and were thinking about how great it would be if we could upload music files into our levels. Sort of like so we can make our own level themes.

Like here's something I made: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/437502

It could be used in level of mine. Maybe for an endurance level or something like that. We would really much appreciate it if we had the ability to upload our own Mp3 files into levels.

#2 Before February 2015

Pike270

Re: Music

I love the idea! Here are my thoughts:

Well there will first have to be a maximum file size, since there already is bug caused by too many blocks typically found in great worlds.

Music would make the mute button more useful.

Volume limit for song? Volume adjust?

Uploading files to EE. Hmmm....Maybe an in-game music maker might be easier?

EPIC Levels! Haunted housed would be way more creepy, mario music in mario levels, etc.

I don't know how popular music would be compared to physics blocks.

New kind of troll: music trolls. (Profanity in music or just a horrible sounding random notes made in music maker)

Maybe only for mods just like in Transformice.

File type restrictions?

Music has been suggested MANY times. Inb4lock?

Maybe an "out of game" program that is compatible with EE?

Purchasing music in the shop?

I may add more later but this is what currently comes to my mind.

Last edited by Pike270 (Aug 4 2011 11:06:35 am)

#3 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Imagine this:
timeline with multiple levels and there are EE blocks with A-G written on it and have tat note also you have high A-G couloured Red middle A-G is green and Low A-G is blue.

the maximum length is 1min [what ever the game can hold]
you buy space for that pice of music, like a world.

you will be able to make music that matches the world!

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

I like the idea of music, since I like music as well. With music we could add on to the mood of our level, say that a Halloween contest would take place in EE SquadFS' idea would be perfect. But since my computer is slow it would take EE a lot more time to load if music was added and my computer doesn't have a sound card so it's just pointless on my computer.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#5 Before February 2015

rob1nfly

Pike270 wrote:

New kind of troll: music trolls. (Profanity in music)

I thinkit would be only owners to upload music.

#6 Before February 2015

Pike270

I thinkit would be only owners to upload music.

What if there was a world where an owner of a world filled a world with profane music and
guestbombed it for all to see.

#7 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

Then shame on them! Why can't there be a music maker in EE where it's just only a tune nothing with words, like the music maker on LittleBigPlanet 2.

#8 Before February 2015

stevenfox74

LittleBigPlanet2 music maker is pretty good X3, although i don't know if you guys ever experience it. Whos' gunna get a pic about it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#9 Before February 2015

cheezpuffs

i suppose a good idea would be determining WHERE in your world what music is played, so it could fit the situation! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#10 Before February 2015

bgic

or you can buy some records with energy or sometimes with only beta or gems of music so you can hear someone's status

#11 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

That is for non-creative people but the idea is still good. We could have some sort of EE albums for people who don't want to make their own music (or just is too lazy at the moment to do so).

As for the EE music maker it could be just something like this scaled.php?server=829&filename=musiclbp2.jpg&res=medium
Place dots (or lines for longer beats such as half notes and whole notes) corresponding to the beat you wish to make, play it, edit settings (metronome, filter things), add more unto it, profit?

#12 Before February 2015

Infinity7

Love it

#13 Before February 2015

vwing45

maybe we should get a mod to give thought on this idea although i love the idea of music. ! would prefer if you could download music from iTunes, iPod or something like that
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#14 Before February 2015

superk

Great idea! Maybe music plays when you go on a block, like a win-win-win sound when you win a level?
If nothing else, you should be able to purchase "music blocks" in the shop.

#15 Before February 2015

moundsy

the only problem is : sometimes kids like 8-11 year olds will come to a level and then a song will have swearing and cursing in it. that is the only problem about playing music. ee should have a radio station name EE FM and then they should have dj's a.k.a. the moderators and admins are djs and play music recommended by players and they will approve of it. this is my solution to the problem

#16 Before February 2015

Oturan

sometimes kids like 8-11 year olds will come to a level and then a song will have swearing and cursing in it.

Thats why it should be limited to instrumental music

#17 Before February 2015

NotAnAlt

EE is fine. Make some music with them coins :3

#18 Before February 2015

it40x

we can have the choice to upload music from our computer or sounds.

#19 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

a3person wrote:

That is for non-creative people but the idea is still good. We could have some sort of EE albums for people who don't want to make their own music (or just is too lazy at the moment to do so).

As for the EE music maker it could be just something like this http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg829/sc … res=medium
Place dots (or lines for longer beats such as half notes and whole notes) corresponding to the beat you wish to make, play it, edit settings (metronome, filter things), add more unto it, profit?

Brilliant Graphics, But Doesn't look like EE

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#20 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but I think it wold be a lot better if it was in block form.

As in, you place a block, and if you touch it it plays a sound, and that sound runs for the length of the file uploaded (through URLs).

This way, we can include sound effects as well as background music. We can also make the music change to the designated section of the map you are in, by only allowing one sound to be played at the same time.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#21 Before February 2015

Mariofan101

they should have a selection of the admins music like in the EE video it would make it easier for the makers of EE and easier to select. i say this because MP3 up-loaders are pretty complicated and take up space whiles a selection is a lot less space and wont lag to much //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink when used plus people could just spam music or put on inappropriate music

Last edited by Mariofan101 (Aug 16 2011 9:10:34 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

it40x

i NEED music blocks!!
rpg and chris and peter...
this will turn EE to even more popular.
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral i GOTTA have music blocks...

#23 Before February 2015

gamez7

Idea!
To use music, you must send it through a filter. The mods check music to see if it is safe.
Then, you can open a list of all music uploaded and accepted in your world and at ONE song to your world max.

Calicara 1423734371227061

Board footer