Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

superk

Roaming Coins

I think that these coins wold be exactly like regular coins, except they would move around within their space.
They would be able to go through portals, so no cheats there!

Maybe higher magical value?
Only in saved worlds?
Maybe 1000 energy for 10, like coin doors!
Area range?(Option?)
If there is a zero-grav block there, replace it?(Option?)

Last edited by superk (Aug 25 2011 10:00:02 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

gamez7

Re: Roaming Coins

Higher magical value? Yes.
Different color(maybe green)? Yes.
Only useable by the owner of the saved world? No. I don't like that idea because coins are not like coindoors.

Maybe they could come in bulk, like 50 for 1000 energy instead of 10?
*support*

#3 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

*anti-support*
I don't like it. What would be the point of it? When you can provide a purpose for said roaming coin, please tell and get me on your side.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#4 Before February 2015

superk

Well, roaming coins in an open space with coin doors would result in a "chase the coins level"
Mini games would be harder if you had to complete it and get the roaming coin!

#5 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

JadElClemens wrote:

*anti-support*
I don't like it. What would be the point of it? When you can provide a purpose for said roaming coin, please tell and get me on your side.

More "timing" minis, coin chase levels?

#6 Before February 2015

superk

You answered me in less than a minute? /\

#7 Before February 2015

Calicara

Ok, but I don't think it should have a higher magical value because they everyone would just make "Magic Roaming Coin Farms"

While I do agree it's a good idea it should be treated like a regular coin.

I think it should be:

Color: Green
Usage: Only in your OWN saved worlds
Magic Probability: Same as a normal
Cost: None

I only see one flaw with this though. Here's how.

Normal coins are placed on a specific part of the map. You can place something behind it, but not over it. If something is placed on top the coin will be changed. This makes a MAXIMUM amount of coins that can be place in each level. Now, assuming that these new coins are moving, then more than one coin could be place on the same spot because it will not remain in the same place. It would also have to follow the rules of gravity, because it is moving. But do you see the flaw? If I can place more than one coin on the same spot, then I can virtually create an infinite amount of coins in one level.

The other problem is deleting them. If the coin is moving you would either have to be good at clicking, or be able to freeze the level in order to delete the coin, otherwise you might click all over the place trying to delete it thus ruining your level.

I suppose it would be kind of cool but there are lots of problems with the idea so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Last edited by Calicara (Aug 25 2011 10:11:54 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Maybe on your view if you are on godmode the coin doesn't move, so you can remove it, I like this idea, it would be like having pets //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and it would be more fun!

#9 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

Ok, here's my idea:

Instead of placing the actual coin, you can buy a roaming coin path block in the shop.

ONLY in YOUR saved levels, you can draw out a path for the coin to move along. You can make the path connect to itself if you want, but if not, then the coin will move back and forth along the path that you drew.

If you draw another path over top of the previously placed path, the new path will delete the entire old path, creating only 1 roaming coin path.

Also, In order to delete part of the roaming coin path, click delete once on that piece of path, like normal. But to delete the entire path, just double click delete on a piece of the path and the whole roaming coin path will be deleted.

I don't think that they should follow the rules of gravity, just saying. If they did that would make them really easy to obtain, and would not add anything new to this game.

I don't see any problems other than these ones, and I just solved them.

#10 Before February 2015

gamez7

Greenzoid2 wrote:

If you draw another path over top of the previously placed path, the new path will delete the entire old path, creating only 1 roaming coin path.

No. Why can't the coin paths overlap?

#11 Before February 2015

Mister_Stupid

Oh, it'll delete that simple aura of EE, that I love
definitely against

superk 1423734439226993

Board footer